Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

South Florida B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #2021
Sippi is on a distinguished road

Sippi's Tacoma Gallery
You wanna talk about a shock. Two weeks ago, the taco was hit in a parking lot while I was at work. So I walk out to get in and head home for the weekend when I see a note on the window.

The woman actually had everything documented with a police writeup and her insurance money. I was a little in disbelief as to someone actually doing the right thing.

Turns out I needed a new rear quarter, flare, and rear bumper so needless to say she slammed me pretty good for being in a parking lot.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #2022
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippi View Post
You wanna talk about a shock. Two weeks ago, the taco was hit in a parking lot while I was at work. So I walk out to get in and head home for the weekend when I see a note on the window.

The woman actually had everything documented with a police writeup and her insurance money. I was a little in disbelief as to someone actually doing the right thing.

Turns out I needed a new rear quarter, flare, and rear bumper so needless to say she slammed me pretty good for being in a parking lot.
Espicially in pompano beach...lol. I grew up down there, people are crazy. Little things like this help restore hope in society. Your insurance should have covered it either way, but hats off to her for doing the right thing when she probably could have just driven away and no one would have known better.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #2023
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse007 View Post
What's up guy's...!!

WHAT'S UP with you? Besides one side of your truck.

Quote:
Good man, working. As I work I day dream about wheeling and camping...!!
HAHA! Wet summer so far though!

Quote:
You would have liked it, there was talk about doing a 4x4 meet/show. I'll keep you and everyone posted.
Please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Sweet. Hopefully it's on a day I can make it.
YES!

Quote:
For real, every day...!!! Karma on FL for LOL'ing at other states during the nasty polar vortex this last winter.
Never thought of it that way but it makes sense to me.

Quote:

I've heard that, how often should you change it...?
What is a cabin air filter?

Just kidding!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #2024
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
What is a cabin air filter?
You know, that thing that the dealer charges $120 to replace, sometimes they say they're going to clean the AC...
Old 07-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #2025
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Espicially in pompano beach...lol. I grew up down there, people are crazy. Little things like this help restore hope in society. Your insurance should have covered it either way, but hats off to her for doing the right thing when she probably could have just driven away and no one would have known better.
Hello Sippi,
I agree 100% with Dan. This does help to restore my faith in society to some degree. Not only was this person responsible & considerate but she could have gotten away with it, especially with being in a commercial parking lot. I'm happy for you.

THIS IS A LOT TO READ BUT THIS RANTING HELPS ME VENT HAHAHA!

I, unfortunately, was not so lucky:

This is my sons '08 Charger 2.7 that my wife & I bought for him for his High School graduation gift in 2011.

My family & I went to the beach for the weekend of June 28-29. Mauricio, you may remember that after work, I went to the Autobruder Grand opening & I had to leave after to go to the beach.

Well, we returned home Sunday evening to find this. My sons car was parked in front of my house (facing East) & my neighbors accross the street who are 2 DUI having brothers, irresponsible, unemployed, wreckless, living off the government, Aholes, have 2 old beat-up Jeeps. Now, the way they drive in & out of that house as if they were leaving the Pit @ the Indy 500, I have a strong suspicion that it was one of them. Of course, I have NO PROOF.

So, I confronted them & then my wife came over too. Now, I know that I can't prove anything but I did tell them that I think it was one of them. They swore up & down that it wasn't them. I measured the back & front heights of the Jeep that WAS there & they don't match up to the dents on the Charger. The other Jeep was not there but is the same style. I told them, "If it wasn't you guys then it was someone leaving your house because my sons car was not side swiped, it was a direct hit. What bothers me is that we are neighbors & we've never had issues, someone should be honest. If it was me (& I did hit a neighbors car once when I was 19 AND I told him so AND paid the $300 for the repair) I would say something. If I find out who the MOTHER*&%$ING, NO B@#LLS HAVING SOB was that did this they will regret NOT having stepped up!" I also said. "Maybe it wasn't you guys but since I know what a couple of irresponsible drunks you are I have to be suspicious!"

Not a PEEP from them!

AGAIN, I have NO PROOF. For all I know someone could have done a 3 point turnabout between their drive way & my sons car. But, considering that one of the brothers totalled his Corolla 5 houses down last year & was DUI & the other one did a Hit & Run then I can't help but suspect.

Funny, one of their cousins (who I haven't seen since the day of the incident) has another old, beat up Jeep. HHMMMMM!!

I've lived their for almost 20 years. NEVER had a theft issue or a neighbor issue.

So, Here goes:
* $1400 to repair his car, (not worth going through the insurance),

* $1200 in 18" OEM Chrome Challenger wheels/tires that I ordered as a surprise gift for his 21st birthday in August,

* Now, I want to install atleast 1 camera in my house (under my car port facing out towards the whole front of my house). MORE MONEY!

BTW, Anyone recommend a good company for home cameras? Let me know.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
About 1 1/2 years ago, a 15 year old boy (with NO license) was driving his parents Excursion, made a turn & hit my sons car on almost the same section. $2600 in repairs. So, The kid gets the ticket. My son is fine (FIRST & FOREMOST) & we are waiting for the kids parents insurance company to call us for the repairs.

About a week later we get a letter in the mail from the kids parents Insurance Company stating "we dropped Mr & Mrs ******** from our insurance policy due to irresponsibity on their part & therefore we will not pay for any repairs". I put the repair through my insurance, paid the $1500 deductible AND my insurance went up slightly although it WAS NOT my sons FAULT!

How do you like that?!?!?!?!?

So Sippi, I am VERY GLAD to hear about your experience because it does show me that there STILL are good people out there.

Just not in Miami! HAHAHA!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #2026
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

wow how I wish that happens more often down here in Miami.
last week my brother got hit by a lady in a benz. so she must be well off.

she waited for him to get out of the car then took off in the other direction
got to love Miami.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #2027
Member Caught Off Road

Peter,

I would have gone after their insurance company for the deductible. If they were covered during the accident, that's what's important. They can do whatever they want after the accident...that's not your care or concern. Insurance is a calculated risk. They protect profits when you don't make them pay losses.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #2028

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
wow how I wish that happens more often down here in Miami.
last week my brother got hit by a lady in a benz. so she must be well off.

she waited for him to get out of the car then took off in the other direction
got to love Miami.
Sorry to hear that Nick. Not surprising to hear though my friend. And don't judge a persons prosperity by the veicle they drive. You'd be surprised how many people are out there in Luxury vehicles & are either:

* Living off of the govenrment.
* Probably scamming someone.
* Do not have their priorities straight.
* Don't pay their bills because all of their money goes to the vehicle.

Quote:
Peter,

I would have gone after their insurance company for the deductible. If they were covered during the accident, that's what's important. They can do whatever they want after the accident...that's not your care or concern. Insurance is a calculated risk. They protect profits when you don't make them pay losses.
You are correct but we were concerned that we would get no where with this & just said "forget it" but you are absolutely correct.

BTW I, I am not criticizing anyone who genuinely needs help from the government.
I am criticizing the ones who get the help by scamming the system & who don't need it.
The ones who pop out 5 or 6 kids because Uncle Sam, better yet, WE THE TAXPAYERS will bring up there kids.
The ones who's mentality is "Let me get what I can from the system" instead of "Let me work hard to get out of this hole that I am in".

BTW II,
Has anyone here ever seen the movie "Falling Down", starring Michael Douglas & Robert Duvall?

Sometimes, I feel like going "Michael Douglas" on some people!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #2030
Member Caught Off Road

TAC,

Since we've been talking about using the GoPro as a dash camera, and my little video I sent, here's a good reason to have one of these. Guy said his truck was 4days old. Cops were chasing this lady and had this happen. Completely not his fault, but that's how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locster View Post
Here's my dashcam video of the crash. I was going 35mph. Can't tell how fast they were going, but from the video, they covered about 60 ft length in about one second before going airborne, so that puts them at around 35-40mph as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBijCDCR3A

(Sorry, I can't figure out how to embed the youtube video yet).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post8893659
Old 07-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #2032
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
27 trucks are on the list for Hooters this weekend. Also turning into a mini swap meet here with the deals closing there.

As another post mentioned, Hooters will have a pretty sweet parking lot.

PK
Lol...hope someone called to tell them.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #2033

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TAC,

Since we've been talking about using the GoPro as a dash camera, and my little video I sent, here's a good reason to have one of these. Guy said his truck was 4days old. Cops were chasing this lady and had this happen. Completely not his fault, but that's how it goes.

WOW! And I'm guessing they had a kid in the car "Lucas". Incredible! And a valid reason to have your go pro going. BTW, I just received my cable & a 64GB SD Card that I ordered.

Quote:
27 trucks are on the list for Hooters this weekend. Also turning into a mini swap meet here with the deals closing there.

As another post mentioned, Hooters will have a pretty sweet parking lot.

PK
27 trucks 😳

Which Hooters is this?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #2034
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
27 trucks 😳

Which Hooters is this?
Up in orlando. I love Tacomas, wings and boobies, but it's a little far. We could always do a meet here at at a wing place. Just saying. Lol
Old 07-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #2035
Trail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrail Cat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trail Cat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
27 trucks 😳

Which Hooters is this?
Lakeland Hooters Sunday starting at 11 am
Thread is tamlando meet/hooters Lakeland
Got 28 tacos now trying to get to dirty 30
Old 07-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #2036
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Up in orlando. I love Tacomas, wings and boobies, but it's a little far. We could always do a meet here at at a wing place. Just saying. Lol
Yea definitely too far for me, I'm up for the idea dan.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:37 AM   #2038

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TAC,

WOW! That sucks! I'm guessing they had a pet or a child in the vehicle (Lucas) also?

Quote:
HAHAHA! Sounds good but it has to be somewhat of a "reasonable" distance. Too bad though. I was in Lakeland 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Yea definitely too far for me, I'm up for the idea dan.
What Nick said.

Quote:
As was mentioned, it is in Lakeland, near I4.

PK
Yeah. Pretty far, even for you WPB guys, in my opinion. Hell of a gathering though. Good for them!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #2039

Sippi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was actually in WPB while I was at work. At least it helps with not having to pay a 500 deductible.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #2040

Sippi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't want to quote to entire component but yes I was down right shocked. That being said, I bumped into a vehical about two years ago, left a note, and took care of the damage. I would like to think Karma came back to me...

Products Discussed in this Thread