Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

South Florida B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #261
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
never been out to the hump, will I have a hard time out there? I don't have 4x4.
I heard its a lot like corbett. With some rough spots but a lot of ground to cover so You should be good.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #262
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Im up for hitting up the hub.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #263
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
I went out there a couple of hours ago, didn't go that far in because I didn't want to get stuck. But if I had some other people with me I would go further in.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #264
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
...hope you guys all have a good day out there. Ill be here at work...
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #265
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010.TRD View Post
Im up for hitting up the hub.
where's this at? and why am i not there?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #266
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello forum,

When I get home later tonight I'll post a pic of the map of "The Hump".

To get there take the Turnpike until it ends and merges into US 1.

Then, you head south and before you enter the 18 mile stretch of US 1 towards the Keys, you make a left on to Card Sound Road.

Card Sound road immediately turns right. Once the road straightens out start looking towards your left and in about a 1/4 mile or less you'll see a dirt road between all the trees.

Drive down that road (which has some dips that flood often) & about a 1/4 mile in you'll see an opening on your left (the place you see on Youtube videos if you type in "Homestead Hump")

About 3 Sundays ago while on my way to Duck Key I took a detour to the hump. When I got to the part where the clearing is I decided to turn around because it LOOKED like a lake! I opened my door & the water level was up to the top of my OEM steps. Plus, I'm only 2WD with mechanical LSD & I went alone so I didn't want to get stuck.

BUT, it hasn't rained much down here lately so it should be better.

Ozmon420, how was it?

I'm up for another get together. The last one I went to was the one behind the Regal Cinemas in WPB with you guys. Plus, this one is a little closer for me.

I'm off on Sundays unless I have inventory.

Let me know guys

Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #267
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery

The small building on the lower left of the map is the Last Chance Saloon on US1,

Turn left onto Card Sound Road once you pass the building,

You'll soon see the main grade on your left.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #268
Deal I'm in.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #269
how about in 2 sundays. so it would be Sept. 8th.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #270
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt know the hump has so many trails.how do the 2wds handle out there?
Im down for Sundays if we can get something going
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #271
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010.TRD View Post
I didnt know the hump has so many trails.how do the 2wds handle out there?
Im down for Sundays if we can get something going
you dont need to worry about getting stuck there will be me and maybe another guy that has 4x4 to pull you out if needed. this run will most likely be a test run on the area.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #272
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
you dont need to worry about getting stuck there will be me and maybe another guy that has 4x4 to pull you out if needed. this run will most likely be a test run on the area.
Well...if I HAVE TO?..I guess I'll try to switch days at work.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #274
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe ill see if I can get off that day as well...maybe see about swaping tires between trucks.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #275
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like this is coming together. I have my 2wd but im hopefully upgrading
to a 2013 trd sport 4wd , crossing my fingers on that.

So lets all agree on a day and make this happen.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:11 AM   #276
well my shift is changing so i need to alittle time for planning, i would like to do a weekend but im up for what ever. ill throw a date out to start it. how about sept. 8th or the 14th
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #277
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
I could do the eighth. Anyone else?
Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #278

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be available on the 15th, 22nd, 29th.
I originally wanted the 8th also but family plans for that day that can't be moved.
Let me know folks.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #279

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm selling a set of FJ's with 285/70r17 GY Wrangler M/T's but if I still have them by the time we go I'll put install them on my truck. It's 2WD so I can use all the help I can get, though my BFG A/T's are great too.

How are the repairs coming along, Fink?

PMK, how are your BFG M/T's doing?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #280
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
I'm selling a set of FJ's with 285/70r17 GY Wrangler M/T's but if I still have them by the time we go I'll put install them on my truck. It's 2WD so I can use all the help I can get, though my BFG A/T's are great too.

How are the repairs coming along, Fink?

PMK, how are your BFG M/T's doing?
BFG's, picked up old fashioned rubbed valves, prepped the wheels and mounted the tires in the driveway by hand a couple weekends ago. Need to pick up the FN weights, and balance them.

I did finally start the rear diff, prepped and installed the carrier bearings.

PK

Products Discussed in this Thread