Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

South Florida B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #281
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
By hand? NICE!

What type of weights are you looking for, stick-on?

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your diff together.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #282
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
I'm selling a set of FJ's with 285/70r17 GY Wrangler M/T's but if I still have them by the time we go I'll put install them on my truck. It's 2WD so I can use all the help I can get, though my BFG A/T's are great too.

How are the repairs coming along, Fink?

PMK, how are your BFG M/T's doing?
There's not. And it's starting to piss me up.
The battery has died it's been sitting so long.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #283
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
By hand? NICE!

What type of weights are you looking for, stick-on?

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your diff together.

FN style clip on weights. I should be able to get them local, now that I have the guy convinced I don't need a $10,000 set of weights to do every brand of vehicle.

He was actually shocked it seemed when I explained I have my own tire balancer. Older Snap On you hand spin. Has always done good.

Yes, the tires went on easy. Moto tire irons, and some silicone spray. I lined up the letters with the stems, hopefully I don't need a ton of weights to balance.

PK
Old 08-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #284
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
im up for the 8th as well or the 16th. just need to put my time off in.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #285
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Lined up the letters with the stems. That sounds like me. Good choice in weights & having the means and know-how to do it yourself is a plus. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Are you going to do a static or dynamic balance? I personally prefer dynamic. Having weights on both sides of the wheel is usually the most accurate way to balance. The weight being visible doesn't bother me.

BTW, you thinking of going to the "Hump" in Homestead? So far it looks like jnangone & myself are ok with the 16th.

Fink, I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your repairs. Hopefully you'll get her going soon enough. I guess you are using your T100? Is that the other truck that you bought?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #286
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fink, I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your repairs. Hopefully you'll get her going soon enough. I guess you are using your T100? Is that the other truck that you bought?
Yea I'm using the 'ol 93 4x4 Toyota pickup. For a 20 year old truck she's doing pretty good on DD. just need to charge the AC a little more since its converted over from the old R12 systems.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #287
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
im up for the 8th as well or the 16th. just need to put my time off in.
16th is a Monday...or did you mean the 15th, a Sunday...?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #288
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010.TRD View Post
Sounds like this is coming together. I have my 2wd but im hopefully upgrading
to a 2013 trd sport 4wd , crossing my fingers on that.

So lets all agree on a day and make this happen.
When do you think you'll get the new one? Should pull the trigger before the meet!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #289
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
When do you think you'll get the new one? Should pull the trigger before the meet!!!
Thats what I was hoping for but it maybe a couple of weeks now, well see.
going to go to carmax tomorrow and get mytruck appraised and see were im at
with it.

Would be nice to head out there with the new truck, get her dirty right off the bat haha
Old 08-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #290
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lined up the letters with the stems. That sounds like me. Good choice in weights & having the means and know-how to do it yourself is a plus. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Are you going to do a static or dynamic balance? I personally prefer dynamic. Having weights on both sides of the wheel is usually the most accurate way to balance. The weight being visible doesn't bother me.

BTW, you thinking of going to the "Hump" in Homestead? So far it looks like jnangone & myself are ok with the 16th.

Will dynamic balance. Homestead, not sure. Not sure what Fink needs, but if I can help, let me know.

PK
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #291
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Thats what I was hoping for but it maybe a couple of weeks now, well see.
going to go to carmax tomorrow and get mytruck appraised and see were im at
with it.

Would be nice to head out there with the new truck, get her dirty right off the bat haha
So, what's stopping you? DO IT!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #292
Member Caught Off Road

I personally say we push this back to the second or third week of October. Would be much easier for this guy...
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #293

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
October is actually not a bad idea. More time for people to plan & the weather is a little nicer & dryer.
Believe me, at it's dryest, the Hump still has water but atleast the entrance is dryer then.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #294
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
October is actually not a bad idea. More time for people to plan & the weather is a little nicer & dryer.
Believe me, at it's dryest, the Hump still has water but atleast the entrance is dryer then.
Anyone else think October would be better? Maybe the 13th? Maybe both...small test run to check it out this month and push for a big meet mid/end October?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #295
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Anyone else think October would be better? Maybe the 13th? Maybe both...small test run to check it out this month and push for a big meet mid/end October?
I'm up for a meet in October. I would like to make a dry run soon. I might next week I have most of the week off anyway.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #297

I drove past that place out in royal palm that we went off roading at...completely leveled! It's crazy and sad.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #298
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, what's stopping you? DO IT!!!
Haha, no peer pressure at all lol.
Trust me if the numbers are right im all go for it.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #299
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im up for that. Gives everyone a chance to make it outno excusses.
Third week of october I think would be best, you know with payday n all.

Lets try and make this a nice turn out, more peopld more fun
Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #300
Quote:
Im up for that. Gives everyone a chance to make it outno excusses.
Third week of october I think would be best, you know with payday n all.

Lets try and make this a nice turn out, more peopld more fun

should we do a vote on a day?

Products Discussed in this Thread