Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

South Florida B.S. Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #121
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my tan truck back on the road today!
New steering rack and tie rod ends. Good and tight now. Red truck is now in the garage waiting for more free time to throw on the new CV axles. Then the tan truck will go back under the wrenches and get the new UCAs put on. All if I can manage some time while now working 60 hours a week at two jobs.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #122
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, we had to make a run to Indian Town Road area from Royal Palm Beach.

Took the TP outbound, but coming home we were close enough to the North Corbitt entrance to use the road through there to get south and home.

It was about 7:15 when we entered. Ventured off the main grade in a few spots. Let's just say there is a lot of water from the rain.

Not having any tools or help if we got stuck, the ride was pretty basic and mellow. We exited shortly after dark and were greeted by the dirt rode headed to North Lake being a deep soggy mess.

Just a FWIW.

PK
Old 05-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #123
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
FWIW, we had to make a run to Indian Town Road area from Royal Palm Beach.

Took the TP outbound, but coming home we were close enough to the North Corbitt entrance to use the road through there to get south and home.

It was about 7:15 when we entered. Ventured off the main grade in a few spots. Let's just say there is a lot of water from the rain.

Not having any tools or help if we got stuck, the ride was pretty basic and mellow. We exited shortly after dark and were greeted by the dirt rode headed to North Lake being a deep soggy mess.

Just a FWIW.

PK
Thanks for the invite!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #124
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
Just got my tan truck back on the road today!
New steering rack and tie rod ends. Good and tight now. Red truck is now in the garage waiting for more free time to throw on the new CV axles. Then the tan truck will go back under the wrenches and get the new UCAs put on. All if I can manage some time while now working 60 hours a week at two jobs.
Good to see you went back to the PreRunner lol.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #125
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Thanks for the invite!!!
Some invite it would have been...A last minute Craigslist but for side rails for our oldest grand daughters bed for our house.

The idea of Corbitt wasn't even considered until leaving the guys house we went to.

Regardless, the majority of the ride was blast the main grade to get home.

Anyone know the speed limit on that road?...Would over 60 mph be too fast?

PK
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #126
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

I dunno...the 4x4 is fun to drive being stick shift and all. I find myself reaching to a shifter and clutch in the Yota when they aren't there. I was trying to entertain the idea of LT on the Yota and the 4x4 be my mud truck...but Jamee wouldn't even let me finish presenting the idea to her. Psh women.

Ha yea I think they say no more than 30 on the main grades.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #127
Member Caught Off Road

I was gonna say, I think the speed limit is supposed to be like 25mph in the WMA...not that anyone pays attention to that...
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #128
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post6871691
Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #129

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was gonna say, I think the speed limit is supposed to be like 25mph in the WMA...not that anyone pays attention to that...
The road got a bit narrow at 60+. Partly from the rutts and wet sand. Corners were a bit loose and had the VSC light flashing a few times.

Certainly would have been better with softer tires, but we made it.

Need to get my TrueTrack diff and some tires installed to get more adventurous.

PK
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #130
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Certainly would have been better with softer tires, but we made it.

Need to get my TrueTrack diff and some tires installed to get more adventurous.

PK
What kind of tires you thinking...? All terrains?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #131
Member Caught Off Road

I'm off Sunday...anyone wanna meet up?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #133
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
im off all next week if anyone wants to meet up.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #134

Quote:
I'm off Sunday...anyone wanna meet up?
Working at the mall 10:30-6:30.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #135
Member Caught Off Road

Had some good rain lately, bet there's some wonderful areas...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #136
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Its been crazy stormy. but i'm cool with it, loved the thunder today
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #137
Member Caught Off Road

Yeah. Wish it would have rained more. Really need to get round to doing the rear diff relocate mod...seems like this summer is gonna be another wet one...
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #138

The breather?
Dunno about yours but mine was a piece of cake. Got the union from Toyota, hose from mako and the little filter from advance with some hose clamps. And some zip ties of course and BAM, amfibious.

Unless you meant relocating your whole diff then, well, good luck to you sir.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #139
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
The breather?
Dunno about yours but mine was a piece of cake. Got the union from Toyota, hose from mako and the little filter from advance with some hose clamps. And some zip ties of course and BAM, amfibious.

Unless you meant relocating your whole diff then, well, good luck to you sir.
Lol, the breather...just the breather...not sure if you could relocate the whole diff.

I think my problem has more to do with me being a wuss than anything.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #140
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i forgot, what does the mod do? i think i remember reading some thread that it helps MPG but cant remember what else

Products Discussed in this Thread