Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Tampa area trails

Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreSteven View Post
Sweet. If I'm running pretty stock will I f up the truck? Just got it so not too many mods on it yet lol.
I'm basically stock. I have a 2 inch lift, but stock-sized 31" BFG Mall Terrains and open diffs. I was able to make it up everything I tried there. (This is not to say I tried it all and I'm sure there was stuff out there that was a little too extreme for me. And the bonus trip to A-pit down the road kicked my arse a couple of times.) There was also two 2wd Prerunners with us. They did okay on some of the smaller stuff. Mike was able to do some amazing climbs with his non-locked 2wd.

The only damage I took was a bent pinch weld on the bottom of the cab do to running over a rather large bolder I couldn't see because it was on the passenger side and all I could see out of the windshield was sky. I received a similar Badge of Honor at A-pit. No big deal. You can't even see it unless you get down to look under the truck. Oh and I put a nice little dent in the bottom corner of my front factory skid. I did ding my wheels up in a couple of places and might have scraped off a wheel weight, but that's the extent of my carnage. And I was thankful to receive it, since it was my first time doing this sort of wheeling and without a great guy like Thomas (2010TRD) teaching me the ropes, it could have been a lot worse.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
Aiwha will become famous soon enoughAiwha will become famous soon enough

Name: Fawaz
Aiwha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreSteven View Post
Sweet. If I'm running pretty stock will I f up the truck? Just got it so not too many mods on it yet lol.
Naw man. You'll be fine at hardrock. I have a 2012 and everything is stock except I installed a bull guard and side steps. I was even runnin those Dunlop AT20 tires that came with the truck and made it up everything the 4WDs did except like two hills that I didn't even try. If I had mud tires, though, I woulda given it a shot!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
Needs money for mods
HombreSteven is on a distinguished road

HombreSteven's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet that sounds great. thanks guys
Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Needs money for mods
HombreSteven is on a distinguished road

HombreSteven's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #25
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is just a tentative feeler to see how much interest there is. Who would be interested in taking a trip out to the Richloam WMA to do some trail riding some Saturday in September or early October (7th or 14th before Archery Season starts)?

I haven't been to Richloam for about 12 years or so, so I'm not sure what exactly to expect, but I did scout out some interesting looking trails in Goggle Earth (imagery date 3/2013). I imagine it'll be a little wetter than the imagery indicates due to the time of year, but that's fun too.

By that time I should be lifted on 33" Super Swampers, so my truck should be very capable.

Let me know if you're interested.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
Interco Tire Snob

So...

Nobody is interested in a Richloam ride?