Notices

What do you think about this truck?

Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
noahz is on a distinguished road
Name: Noah
noahz's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think about this truck?

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/3716294960.html

I'm looking at trucks and deciding between getting a new 2013 4x4 DCSB with the sport package. I noticed this truck and I am interested but I want to know what other people think. I am test driving it tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
The truck itself is pretty decent looking, not crazy on the wheels.

After market accessories do not add to the value of a vehicle, and as such I feel the truck is overpriced.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know people were paying this much for their trucks.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

After market accessories do not add to the value of a vehicle, and as such I feel the truck is overpriced.
x2 More than what I paid for my 2013 with 3 miles on it. By about 3 grand.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Also, that's a sport not a off-road as claimed in the ad.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Tinkerbell steering wheel cover? deal breaker there
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Good catch.

Why is there a seat cover on passenger front seat and nowhere else?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
isnt that the diff lock switch in photo 5? if its a special order, he could have gotten the skewp on an offroad truck
Old 04-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
noahz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
Tinkerbell steering wheel cover? deal breaker there
It adds 15 HP

Quote:
isnt that the diff lock switch in photo 5? if its a special order, he could have gotten the skewp on an offroad truck
It is the off road package with a hood scoop

Quote:

What do you think the truck is worth? KBB priced it at 35k. I assume the guy would bargain because no one puts a firm price on craigslist.

Quote:
Good catch.

Why is there a seat cover on passenger front seat and nowhere else?
probably uncovered the driver side to show that it was leather.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #10

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't pay over $30K for a used Tacoma. You can get a new one for $35K.

If he took the seat covers off to show that he paid for leather he then put seat covers over, why is it just one seat? You could be right, but it seems peculiar to remove the rear covers and driver and leave the passenger. Also, the floor mat on the passenger side appears to be tan, while the rest of the truck is black/grey.

There is no diff lock switch.

Upper Panel: Fog lights, blank, bed inverter
Lower panel: Traction Control, Blank, Downhill Assist

Also, unless something has changed with the refresh, color match bumper and whatnot is all TRD Sport. Lack of diff lock plus all the the Sport equipment...

Edit:

If it was owned by a Toyota GM, you'd think He'd know what model he has. If its the second owner, why has this truck switched hands now for the 3rd time before 10K miles? Keep looking dude, somethings off.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #11

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, diff locker would go in that top row of buttons between the fog lights and power inverter. Bottom row is missing downhill assist control and the final pic is missing the Atrac function. Attached are pics of what my OR looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about this truck?-20130428_122710.jpg   What do you think about this truck?-20130428_122717.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
TMartATC22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TMartATC22's Tacoma Gallery
What type of lift is on it, spacers or new suspension? Interior looks clean....
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #13

Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Oblivious to those switches because my 07 only has fogs and bed inverter.

If i had the money id want everything about the sport package WITH a diff lock. a custom order truck. that being said. looks like a sport now that you've opened my eyes
Old 04-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
the truck is over priced
Old 04-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #15

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pklintworth View Post
the truck is over priced
And being passed off as a model it's not.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
noahz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldn't pay over $30K for a used Tacoma. You can get a new one for $35K.

If he took the seat covers off to show that he paid for leather he then put seat covers over, why is it just one seat? You could be right, but it seems peculiar to remove the rear covers and driver and leave the passenger. Also, the floor mat on the passenger side appears to be tan, while the rest of the truck is black/grey.

Also, unless something has changed with the refresh, color match bumper and whatnot is all TRD Sport. Lack of diff lock plus all the the Sport equipment...
Whoops, you're right. I guess my rationale was that it would be cheaper than a new one and already have the lift and tires. I will see it in person tomorrow and check out all of that. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartATC22 View Post
What type of lift is on it, spacers or new suspension? Interior looks clean....
I'm pretty sure it is just spacers.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
noahz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And being passed off as a model it's not.
from what i gathered, the guy isn't trying to lie but just doesn't know much about it. Seems like he got suckered into buying an expensive truck that his wife doesn't drive and is now trying to recuperate some money. Obviously he could be full of crap and I am a little suspicious but glad I asked.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #18
TMartATC22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TMartATC22's Tacoma Gallery
So what ended up happening with you and this truck? Too good to be true......
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #19
noahz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartATC22 View Post
So what ended up happening with you and this truck? Too good to be true......
Sorry, I've been super busy with lifeguard training but I'm still negotiating with the seller. The car has a clean carfax and the lift was done by toyota so its still covered under warranty. I should be getting it either this week or next week. I haven't left the forums though!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #20

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahz View Post
Sorry, I've been super busy with lifeguard training but I'm still negotiating with the seller. The car has a clean carfax and the lift was done by toyota so its still covered under warranty. I should be getting it either this week or next week. I haven't left the forums though!
What about the SPORT vs OR debacle?