1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 2010TRD, May 22, 2013.

1. May 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    im in fort myers, a bit of a drive for me. ill see what i can do

2. May 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    ^^^^Now that just makes me feel really cheap, lol.

3. May 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    quit being such a cheapo and MAN UP

4. May 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    [​IMG]

5. May 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    2010TRD

2010TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    Now.now ..play nice

6. May 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Like Thomas said hardrock isn't to bad I went through most of it in my prerunner i just couldn't get enough traction up that one damn hill and some might not believe but I've had the prerunner down in A-pit and there are some spots that are 4x4 only

7. May 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    :bored: :yawn: :bored: :yawn:

8. May 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    If we sign in as apart of the "Florida 4x4" group , and atleast 20-30 rigs show up throughout the day, then every one gets a $5 coupon redeemable on your next trip
    :jerkoff: :rolleyes: yippee $5

9. May 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Some spots are extremely difficult for even 4x4 ..but the old taco makes it look easy

10. May 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Rgr that. It does sound potentially interesting...something I'd like to try at least once. I do kinda fear the potential body damage though.

This is what I'm familiar with...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both of these were at Richloam with two different 4WDs I had (the YJ was on 16x35 Boggers, so the water there was almost 3 feet deep).

I can see the stuff at Hardrock would be a whole different set of challenges though.

11. May 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    At hardrock you would have to be absolutely stupid to cause body damage
    Hopefully it doesn't rain the few days before , it gets slick and makes for a real challenge
    But hardrock is groomed often with a dozer, so there isn't crazy ups and downs , the trails are plenty wide

I guarantee you will have a blast and be safe doing so

12. May 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:

What about these pits everyone is referring to? :wink:

I'm a little confused though. If the trails are groomed with a dozer, where is the challenge? Not trying to be a wise-arse, it's just when you say that, I'm picturing the main grades at Richloam which would be pretty boring if that's all there was (sort of like Greenswamp [​IMG]). I'm guessing there's more to it than that. The stuff in your birthday trip thread didn't look very groomed. I'd really feel let down if I paid $25 to ride around Greenswamp's grades. :bored::annoyed:

13. May 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    My birthday thread was the secret pit (A)
    Hardrock is a bunch of steep hill climbs and a few rock gardens here and there , it's also a motocross park, and has beautiful quarry ponds(100ft+ deep) you can swim and fish in

Personally, hardrock is no longer a challenge to me ... But for a noob to rock crawling it's a blast
    And it's fun watching a bunch of jeeps be stupid and tear up their rigs

If you want, we can meet at the gas station, you can ride in with me and see what you think..you only pay to drive your truck in, no cost as a passenger ;)

14. May 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    That's a really cool offer and I appreciated it, but rest assured that if I haul my fat backside all the way up there, you can bet I'm gonna do some wheelin'! :cool:

I won't make a commitment at the moment, but I am making headway on talking myself into it...

Ya know what? I'll commit to this: if I manage to sell my F250 by then, I will definitely show up just to celebrate the commencement of the Baka Build.

So...if anyone is interested in a really clean '96 F250 XLT Supercab 4x4, contact me! :D

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3784830118.html

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  15. May 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    Aiwha

Aiwha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fawaz
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Black Steelcraft Bull Bar, Black Steelcraft Nerf Bar
    I'm down to come and might even bring a couple of buddies if that's cool!

16. May 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Ill be at a-pit this Sunday if anybody wants stop by

17. May 28, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:

18. May 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    1. 2010trd
    2. Michaelrussell
    3. Taco No Baka
    4. Aiwha

19. May 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :rofl:
    Got more confidence than I do in someone buying the F250. I'm pretty sure that 7.5L is frightening prospective buyers away. Thus far everyone who has called about it have run away like bitty lil punks when they found out it was a 460 CID and not a diesel. Guess they were hoping that "7.5L" was a typo for "7.3L" :facepalm:

After that it's like...:tumbleweed:

20. May 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha I bet

Its just a list.... If your not coming its no big deal.... Just post up in here and let me know, so as we dont sit at the gate waiting on you for no reason
    Good luck with your sale of the truck

Products Discussed in

To Top