Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock

Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
It's tempting. I'm really itching to do some wheelin'. Maybe I'll talk myself into it by the time the event rolls around. To be honest, if it didn't cost $25 to get in, I'd probably be a lot less hesitant. I guess I'm kind of a tightwad, lol.

It would be a good shake down trip for the Taco though.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
im in fort myers, a bit of a drive for me. ill see what i can do
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #23
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^^Now that just makes me feel really cheap, lol.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
quit being such a cheapo and MAN UP
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
quit being such a cheapo and MAN UP
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
Like Thomas said hardrock isn't to bad I went through most of it in my prerunner i just couldn't get enough traction up that one damn hill and some might not believe but I've had the prerunner down in A-pit and there are some spots that are 4x4 only
Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
hardrock isn't to bad I went through most of it in my prerunner and some might not believe but I've had the prerunner down in A-pit and there are some spots that are 4x4 only
Old 05-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
^^^^Now that just makes me feel really cheap, lol.
If we sign in as apart of the "Florida 4x4" group , and atleast 20-30 rigs show up throughout the day, then every one gets a $5 coupon redeemable on your next trip
yippee $5
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
down in A-pit there are some spots that are 4x4 only
Some spots are extremely difficult for even 4x4 ..but the old taco makes it look easy
Old 05-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #31
Interco Tire Snob

Rgr that. It does sound potentially interesting...something I'd like to try at least once. I do kinda fear the potential body damage though.

This is what I'm familiar with...

Both of these were at Richloam with two different 4WDs I had (the YJ was on 16x35 Boggers, so the water there was almost 3 feet deep).

I can see the stuff at Hardrock would be a whole different set of challenges though.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
At hardrock you would have to be absolutely stupid to cause body damage
Hopefully it doesn't rain the few days before , it gets slick and makes for a real challenge
But hardrock is groomed often with a dozer, so there isn't crazy ups and downs , the trails are plenty wide

I guarantee you will have a blast and be safe doing so
Old 05-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #33
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
At hardrock you would have to be absolutely stupid to cause body damage
Hopefully it doesn't rain the few days before , it gets slick and makes for a real challenge
But hardrock is groomed often with a dozer, so there isn't crazy ups and downs , the trails are plenty wide

I guarantee you will have a blast and be safe doing so

What about these pits everyone is referring to?

I'm a little confused though. If the trails are groomed with a dozer, where is the challenge? Not trying to be a wise-arse, it's just when you say that, I'm picturing the main grades at Richloam which would be pretty boring if that's all there was (sort of like Greenswamp ). I'm guessing there's more to it than that. The stuff in your birthday trip thread didn't look very groomed. I'd really feel let down if I paid $25 to ride around Greenswamp's grades.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #34
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My birthday thread was the secret pit (A)
Hardrock is a bunch of steep hill climbs and a few rock gardens here and there , it's also a motocross park, and has beautiful quarry ponds(100ft+ deep) you can swim and fish in

Personally, hardrock is no longer a challenge to me ... But for a noob to rock crawling it's a blast
And it's fun watching a bunch of jeeps be stupid and tear up their rigs

If you want, we can meet at the gas station, you can ride in with me and see what you think..you only pay to drive your truck in, no cost as a passenger
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #35
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
My birthday thread was the secret pit (A)
Hardrock is a bunch of steep hill climbs and a few rock gardens here and there , it's also a motocross park, and has beautiful quarry ponds(100ft+ deep) you can swim and fish in

Personally, hardrock is no longer a challenge to me ... But for a noob to rock crawling it's a blast
And it's fun watching a bunch of jeeps be stupid and tear up their rigs

If you want, we can meet at the gas station, you can ride in with me and see what you think..you only pay to drive your truck in, no cost as a passenger
That's a really cool offer and I appreciated it, but rest assured that if I haul my fat backside all the way up there, you can bet I'm gonna do some wheelin'!

I won't make a commitment at the moment, but I am making headway on talking myself into it...

Ya know what? I'll commit to this: if I manage to sell my F250 by then, I will definitely show up just to celebrate the commencement of the Baka Build.

So...if anyone is interested in a really clean '96 F250 XLT Supercab 4x4, contact me!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3784830118.html
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #36
Aiwha will become famous soon enoughAiwha will become famous soon enough

Name: Fawaz
Aiwha's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down to come and might even bring a couple of buddies if that's cool!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be at a-pit this Sunday if anybody wants stop by
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #38
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Taco No Baka;6949437]That's a really cool offer and I appreciated it, but rest assured that if I haul my fat backside all the way up there, you can bet I'm gonna do some wheelin'!

I won't make a commitment at the moment, but I am making headway on talking myself into it...

Ya know what? I'll commit to this: if I manage to sell my F250 by then, I will definitely show up just to celebrate the commencement of the Baka Build.

So...if anyone is interested in a really clean '96 F250 XLT Supercab 4x4, contact me!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/...tml[/QUOTE]
see you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwha View Post
I'm down to come and might even bring a couple of buddies if that's cool!
all are welcome

Quote:
Ill be at a-pit this Sunday if anybody wants stop by
I may be able to make it ... I need to knock some rust off my sliders before this june 8th meet
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #40
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
1. 2010trd
2. Michaelrussell
3. Taco No Baka
4. Aiwha

Got more confidence than I do in someone buying the F250. I'm pretty sure that 7.5L is frightening prospective buyers away. Thus far everyone who has called about it have run away like bitty lil punks when they found out it was a 460 CID and not a diesel. Guess they were hoping that "7.5L" was a typo for "7.3L"

After that it's like...