Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock

Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #101
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Yeah, it's just weird that it didn't start making the noise until it was parked for a day. It could be a rock that came loose from being stuck on the inside of the wheel and is now trapped against the brake caliper or something.

Tomorrow I'm gonna jack it up and spin the front wheels to see if one of them is the source. I doubt it's a hub or a wheel bearing. It's a definite sheet metal scraping sound rather than a grinding-type sound I've normally encountered when roller bearings grenade and I used the 4wd to climb up on some blocks to let the water run out of the bed quicker while spraying it out, so I don't think that's it.

Meh, I'm babbling. Got insomnia and haven't slept since 10 am yesterday.

I'll (hopefully) find out what it is tomorrow when I start looking.
Sounds like you all had a great time. That whole area is fantastic and Thomas is a great guide.

Hopefully it turns out to be an easy quick fix on your truck.

GH
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #102
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
Sounds like you all had a great time. That whole area is fantastic and Thomas is a great guide.

Hopefully it turns out to be an easy quick fix on your truck.

GH

Thanks, I hope so too. It was a great time and you're right about Thomas. Great guy and a great guide/noob instructor.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #103
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
My concern was a hub gave up .. Or maybe you had forgot to unlock them ..
Hopefully it's just a small rock that's stuck inbetween dust shield and rotor or on top of caliper
Hope you find it's nothing severe .
Lmk what you find
Nah, I unlocked them right before I came over there where you were using the water hose. I didn't notice anything funny when I did. I really doubt it's anything like a broken hub or something. At least I hope not. If I'm breaking driveline stuff like that on stock-sized AT tires, then it's gonna be ugly when I go to 33" Swampers (not to mention Lincoln Locking the front end).
Old 06-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #104
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nah, I unlocked them right before I came over there where you were using the water hose. I didn't notice anything funny when I did. I really doubt it's anything like a broken hub or something. At least I hope not. If I'm breaking driveline stuff like that on stock-sized AT tires, then it's gonna be ugly when I go to 33" Swampers (not to mention Lincoln Locking the front end).
Very true
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #105
Interco Tire Snob

Heh, good news. It was a small piece of glass caught between the back of the rotor and the dust shield on the right front. All fixed.

Hard to believe such a tiny little thing was causing all that racket. I think the Taco just wanted some TLC after being beat on Saturday.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #106
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. I think the Taco just wanted some TLC after being beat on Saturday.
that's what she said
Old 06-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #107
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
that's what she said

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #108
Aiwha will become famous soon enoughAiwha will become famous soon enough

Name: Fawaz
Aiwha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's what she said
Haha!! Good one!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #109
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
I went ahead and washed the truck Sunday and it took me two hours just to get the outside clean also I took the decals off the rims and I think it looks alot better without them on
Attached Thumbnails
June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock-image.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #110
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
I went ahead and washed the truck Sunday and it took me two hours just to get the outside clean also I took the decals off the rims and I think it looks alot better without them on
Wow, 2 hrs. I guess that's one benefit I had having an hour and a half drive through a heavy down pour to get home. There was no mud or anything off-road related under my truck when I was under it this morning. Still have yet to wash the outside and clean out the inside. Was kinda thinking that I might just leave it. The dirt looks better than my crappy paint. Though I was planning on cleaning the inside tomorrow. You got a bunch of mud on my floorboard. Of course, I got mud all over everything else inside when we scratch and dig our way through that mystery hole and I didn't roll up my window until we were nearly all the way through it. I also have to reposition my toolbox. It shifted back on one side.

Your truck really does look good though.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #111
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow, 2 hrs. I guess that's one benefit I had having an hour and a half drive through a heavy down pour to get home. There was no mud or anything off-road related under my truck when I was under it this morning. Still have yet to wash the outside and clean out the inside. Was kinda thinking that I might just leave it. The dirt looks better than my crappy paint. Though I was planning on cleaning the inside tomorrow. You got a bunch of mud on my floorboard. Of course, I got mud all over everything else inside when we scratch and dig our way through that mystery hole and I didn't roll up my window until we were nearly all the way through it. I also have to reposition my toolbox. It shifted back on one side.

Your truck really does look good though.
Thanks man and it was the first time I've actually washed the truck in a couple of months so some of the mud and grim didn't wanna come off and I'm not looking forward to cleaning my interior when I get home this weekend it'll probably take me half the day to do it I tend to armorall everything
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #112

Thomas have you had a chance to do any editing on the footage you took
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #114
Interco Tire Snob

Haha, I was thinking about asking the same thing, but I didn't want to sound pushy.

Got a few folks that wanna see. Like you said Thomas, if there's no pics then it didn't happen, lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #115
Aiwha will become famous soon enoughAiwha will become famous soon enough

Name: Fawaz
Aiwha's Tacoma Gallery
Man, when the prerunner was chargin up the hill out of A-pit and we fishtailed, I could of sworn that we hit your gopro!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #116
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwha View Post
Man, when the prerunner was chargin up the hill out of A-pit and we fishtailed!

Got it on video
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #118
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwha View Post
I could of sworn that we hit your gopro!
It was close ...but thats what makes for the best shot
Old 06-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #119
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
I made a quick compilation video
Not my best work but something to look at ..to prove you were there

DONE

Thanks!

Heh, other than my virgin climb there in the beginning, I didn't even know you got that other footage of my truck. Seems to flex pretty well for having shot-out springs. Didn't see it pull any tires off the ground going through that last set of washouts. (edit: correction, I think I did see it pull the right rear off the ground at the beginning of the washout. Hard to tell though.)

Will there be pics too when you get to it?