Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

New Taco Owner with a question

Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco Owner with a question

I just got a Tacoma and want to buy and install a Toytec Ultimate Lift. Are there any places near Sarasota or even Tampa that sell and install Toytec?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
WittyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Greyson
WittyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure there's a 4 wheel parts in your area. They sell Toytec. I went with a pro Comp installed by them
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, I think there is one in Tampa. I have seen some comments on this forum that might lead me to shy away from them. But I will check it out for sure.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a jack and jack stands and tools you can do it yourself. Read up on the how-to's there are pretty much step by step instructions with pictures on how to do almost everything on our trucks.

I went from never working in a vehicle to doing my coilovers twice my ucas and rear suspension. These truck are super easy to work on.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #5

The 4 Wheel Parts in Tampa does not carry Toytec. I would be happy to do this myself but honestly I have no mechanical experience. If someone with experience is willing to help, I have a shop in my yard. I think the guy I bought my house from used to restore old cars. I would welcome the opportunity to learn how all that stuff underneath my new truck works.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i've had my rear apart like 5 times for add a leaf, it's pretty simple, the front leveling kit, 2010trd did it for me, looked pretty straight forward, I wouldn't trust me to not break your truck, but if you decide to get together for a mod day, i'd love to join, also kinda curious what kind of shop you have, with lift? I'm just a lil south of tampa in ruskin
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
The 4 Wheel Parts in Tampa does not carry Toytec. I would be happy to do this myself but honestly I have no mechanical experience. If someone with experience is willing to help, I have a shop in my yard. I think the guy I bought my house from used to restore old cars. I would welcome the opportunity to learn how all that stuff underneath my new truck works.
As said earlier just read as many threads as it takes to get the procedure down, then do it. It's not hard. I do recommend you having another guy to lend a hand though
Old 06-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
If 4WP.com carries them do they ship to store for free like a lot of companies do?
How about OME a better choice in my opinion.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #9

Nam, my shop is just a 24x36 building, no lift. It's out of the elements and has a 10 foot garage door at the front. I see other areas have mod days, but have not read of any around us in this forum. I am just a little south of you in Venice. I have decided to go with an Icon stage 3 lift. I am shopping around to get a good price on the kit. I had an Icon suspension in my FJ. A fellow FJ'er and his girlfriend helped me install it. I never had a single issue with it and it worked perfect from day one. Unfortunately, I was just an observer when they installed it. He worked at the Navy base in Key West and had access to a lift. They pretty much said, just stand back and we will get this done. If I ran into a problem, I have no mechanical experience to fall back on.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
cool, now I see why the sarasota location, I actually met a guy one time a few months ago who lives between sr70 and university park, i bought some parts from him, he has a 2010 white taco doublecab 4x4. he says he's a mechanic and has (not sure if owns) a garage, but his taco is super hooked up. It's got supercharger, those adjustable lifts that he all did himself and more stuff. I do still have his number if you'd like, the reason i kept it was because he worked on jet skis too, so i figured if I ever needed, but he seemed super nice, and i'm sure would do it real reasonable for you.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #11

Wow! Hook me up. PM me with his phone number. Thanks Nam.