Notices

I Need an Orlando Taco Mechanic

Old 06-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Mildly-Attractive
CarlosinFL is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
CarlosinFL's Tacoma Gallery
Question I Need an Orlando Taco Mechanic

I'm looking for good Orlando area mechanic recommendations please. I don't want to get raped at the dealer for my 2002 / 150K mile 2.7 4 cylinder Taco. She just tripped her CEL and she's running rough. No doubt she needs some maintenance but I seriously just wont trust anyone and assume they will take advantage that my truck is running like crap and not really focus on what it needs to have done. I know I would easily need to dump $500-$600 minimal on it just assuming that I've had her for 3 years now and only done basic fluid maintenance like oil, tranny oil, diff oil, and radiator flush.

Could need timing belt, some kind of transmission issue like a pump or belt, and new plugs etc etc etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for who is reliable and I can take my truck to for honest work?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosinFL View Post
I'm looking for good Orlando area mechanic recommendations please. I don't want to get raped at the dealer for my 2002 / 150K mile 2.7 4 cylinder Taco. She just tripped her CEL and she's running rough. No doubt she needs some maintenance but I seriously just wont trust anyone and assume they will take advantage that my truck is running like crap and not really focus on what it needs to have done. I know I would easily need to dump $500-$600 minimal on it just assuming that I've had her for 3 years now and only done basic fluid maintenance like oil, tranny oil, diff oil, and radiator flush.

Could need timing belt, some kind of transmission issue like a pump or belt, and new plugs etc etc etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for who is reliable and I can take my truck to for honest work?
welcome I know a good one. pm incoming
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I work at David Maus and would gladly look at it for you. And just to help clarify, you don't have a timing belt so no need to worry about that. I am pretty certain there is only 1 central Floridian that would not recommend me for their truck, and he has already PM'd you. Feel free to ask around in the FL BS thread about my rep when it comes to working on the locals trucks. But that decision is up to you.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
goonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant future

goonieman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosinFL View Post

go to Autozone and have your CEL scanned for free. If it is something simple, you may be able to fix it yourself. Report back to us.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksport View Post
I can vouch for Toyota Tech.
x3

Did my SC install.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
x3

Did my SC install.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP did you find out what is going on with your truck? Stay out of the stealerships in Orl. too many Good small shops here.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Just go to Jason and get it fixed. I don't trust anyone else with my truck, hes worth the 2.5hr drive for me.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Op,, go see ford tech 31 if you are under 39 if you are over 40 stay away he dis likes old people..
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
x3

Did my SC install.