Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

New to the Gainesville Area

Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
miamigator1 will become famous soon enoughmiamigator1 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
miamigator1's Tacoma Gallery
New to the Gainesville Area

Hey guys, I'll be moving into my new apartment in Gainesville this weekend for school. I'm originally from Cape Coral so I'm new to the Gainesville area. I was just wondering where there are places nearby to do some off-roading. Also, I like to fish, so any info on where to do some fishing will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help
Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Off roading= Ocala and citrus (tillis hills/inverness area) fishing, ask Thomas 2010TRD he'll hook you up there. Look out for camping threads around Oct/Nov. we usually have our big campout wheeling trips round then.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
miamigator1 will become famous soon enoughmiamigator1 will become famous soon enough
Thanks! Are the areas around the Ocala area 2wd friendly?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamigator1 View Post
Thanks! Are the areas around the Ocala area 2wd friendly?
eh for the most part. I still would never go w/o a 4wd. Tillis Hills is prob more 2wd friendly imho
Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Right lol, I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Off roading= Ocala and citrus (tillis hills/inverness area) fishing, ask Thomas 2010TRD he'll hook you up there. Look out for camping threads around Oct/Nov. we usually have our big campout wheeling trips round then.
Thanks buddy
Didn think you liked me anymore jk

There are lots of places to wet a hook around north central florida....
Most places will yield plenty of pan-fish
For the sport of Bass fishing you will have to search alittle better than just a local ditch

Right now is a good time to get into some summer bass feeding (schooling) on lakes or rivers

Pretty much any water you can see on a google map will yield Bass

Surprisingly, you will find bass in most of the retention ponds in gainesville.
Get you a small kayak and dip off into the ponds around gainesville
right now top water soft baits works best....overcast days i suggest a spinner bait (1ft below surface)

I could go on all day

let me know if youd like to get out of gainesville and wet a hook up my way. Id be more than happy to charter (free) you for a day on my lake
Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Thanks for the tips man. Once I get settled in, I'll hit you up on your offer lol
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #8

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
Thanks buddy
Didn think you liked me anymore jk

There are lots of places to wet a hook around north central florida....
Most places will yield plenty of pan-fish
For the sport of Bass fishing you will have to search alittle better than just a local ditch

Right now is a good time to get into some summer bass feeding (schooling) on lakes or rivers

Pretty much any water you can see on a google map will yield Bass

Surprisingly, you will find bass in most of the retention ponds in gainesville.
Get you a small kayak and dip off into the ponds around gainesville
right now top water soft baits works best....overcast days i suggest a spinner bait (1ft below surface)

I could go on all day

let me know if youd like to get out of gainesville and wet a hook up my way. Id be more than happy to charter (free) you for a day on my lake
I really don't like anyone
Old 08-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #10

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
Typical pig .. jk
you just made top of the list