Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Homestead "Hump" Meet

Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #21
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
ATRAC doin work.
DEFF need my mud terrains if we go out there.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
ATRAC doin work.
DEFF need my mud terrains if we go out there.
Yeah. How's that truck coming?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #23
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HOLY CRAP!!!

Just realized the meet-up place is 110 miles away from my house...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to my world! LOL!

I drove 99 miles from my house to JW Corbett where I first met you guys & 73 miles from my house to that Regal Cinema spot.

BTW,

In this video when the Jeep is driving towards the entrance & he goes through the deep puddle that's where I drove through. I was afraid to stop because I was alone. Please forgive the dialogue. I don't know who these people are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnYidxfBmA

I don't know where in that hump area this is but I think it's behind the area where the video that Fink posted up took place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5AOwjYyJik
Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicklighter View Post
I live in Palm Beach Gardens so I'm probably one of the farthest people away.
Also I think I may be the youngest out of the South Florida group?
Pretty far for us coming from Royal Palm, as for age, I'm pretty certain my daughter is older than many of you guys...

Seems I have some work to get done, build and install rear diff, balance and mount tires, reinstall Icons upon their return from Icon.

PK
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Yeah. How's that truck coming?
It's not yet. Still working on getting with this guy to work on it. I may just see about swapping tires. If I can clear the 33's without spacers on the old Yota, then maybe I'll go that route. Although the woman said she doesn't trust that she thinks something will break. I tried to assure her its a toyota and it'll be ok but you know how women are...
Old 09-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Seems I have some work to get done, build and install rear diff, balance and mount tires, reinstall Icons upon their return from Icon.

PK
What are you doing on here??? Get to work!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #28
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, some of you guys are really far away.
Im maybe only 25 to 30 miles away if that.

Next time we'll do something up there if there's any
good spots
Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #29
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 35 miles north of the meet-up place.
There's JW Corbett in WPB but the one time that I went there most of the roads/trails were closed. Anyone know if there are any spots in Broward County? That would be more central for the Miami & WPB group.

There's also the sw 8 st & 137 ave location in Miami. Type it in Google map search and you'll see the area northwest of that intersection. Thats closer to my house so I'll have a better chance of going out there sooner & take some vids/pics to show you guys.

Either the hump or 8 st are fine with me.

BTW, Everytime I type "The Hump" I can't help but smile.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuzCL8glD3s

this is the best one, its long but takes from the entrance all through some good mud
Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #31

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
jmangone,

You are correct. That is the best vid yet. Great Find! I saw bits & pieces of it (I'm at work) & I don't know what entrance they went in through but I can tell you this:

28:49 into the vid, when you pause it there, that is the part where the black Jeep Wrangler drove through (on the vid that I posted) that the commentator said it was deep. At this point in jmangones posted vid the Jeep would be driving from the left of the screen to the right. The Jeeps & dirt bikes are driving West towards Card Sound Rd, which goes South towards the Keys or North towards Florida City. Notice how dry that road is after 29:07. When I went there the water reached all the way to 30:27 in the vid. At 31:10 you can look to the left & you'll see the Racetrack gas station that we will meet at.

This was definietely during the dry season which is what I hope to encounter when we go in October. Even in the dry season there is still plenty for everyone, mud, trails puddles but it's better than the entire place being flooded.

This is the best vid yet of this area. I hope to have time to watch it all tonight.

Thanks jmangone!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
i watched the whole thing and it seems pretty legit all around we could run into some deep water and mudd,since all this rain the past month, but im sure all of us will have no issues.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #33

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I just watched the whole video & I think jmangone described it best. I should be OK in "some" of these areas.

I have a set (5) of FJ rims with 285/70R17 GY MT's that I've been trying to sell.

I may just put them on my truck the day of the meet. Don't know if they have better traction than the 265/75r16 BFG A/T's that I currently have. Believe it or not, no rubbing so far in city driving but I will remove my front mud flaps because I'm sure I'll lose them off-roading.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #34

^ how much?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #35

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I was asking for $600 for all 5 but it's negotiable. I can PM you more pics if you'd like. I'll take pics of all 4 on my truck tomorrow so you have an idea.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #36

No biggy. Was getting ideas for my other truck. Not even sure what will fit. I think it has like 29's now but with the body lift supposedly it'll clear 33's but that would be contingent on the backspacing and such.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #37

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Cool.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #38
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
I think you all terrains should be just fine.
Thats what i currently have on my truck.
But i would think the mud terrains would
Be better
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #39
I'm the Man
Kicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud ofKicklighter has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
Kicklighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Pretty far for us coming from Royal Palm, as for age, I'm pretty certain my daughter is older than many of you guys...

PK
Well I'm only 18.. so probably
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #40
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicklighter View Post
Well I'm only 18.. so probably
Stop trying to get his daughters number. Not cool bro!!!!