Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Homestead "Hump" Meet

Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #41
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I just re-installed the fj's with 285 70r17 MT's on my truck. They seem too big but they are not rubbing. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home so you can judge for yourself. I love how they lookk though but I will eventually go with the 275 BFG A/T's most likely.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #42
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Stop trying to get his daughters number. Not cool bro!!!!
Thats funny, f'''ed up but funny
Old 09-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #44
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE my KM2's!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #47
mouse007 has a spectacular aura aboutmouse007 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mauricio
mouse007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
CONGRATS mouse007!!

Thanks TAC1....!!!! Can't wait to get them on, need a bit more $$$ so I can buy my lift.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #49
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the pics of my 285/70r17 GY M/T's, Load Range D. I'm surprised at how well the truck drives. I thought they would vibrate but they don't. The truck doesn't feel like it has lost power.

BTW, Ever since I installed the 3/1 leafs (from a 2012 Sport) & Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL my axle is shifted 1/2 an inch to the right. Look at the first 2 pics & tell me if I should be concerned or am I worrying over nothing. I kind of tend to over-stress certain things.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #50

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Also,

Should I remove the front mud flaps? I don't care if they rub when wheeling but if they can damage the fender flares in the process then I'd rather remove them.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #51
livelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant future

Name: SoberDave
livelifetolive's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I live here in Miami lakes but spend all day on the road. I'm down to meet up with you guys. I use to go out there back in the day but with ATV's. haven't been there in awhile. Also been to 8th st. Didn't really like it. Real bumpy, rocky.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #52
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Well be out there. More than welcome to come out
Old 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #54
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

I think it's your camera angle mainly in the pics.
You're much further in towards your tailgate so we can see your whole tail light but in the 1st, you can only see half your tail light.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #56

Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #57

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Good Morning Fellow Homestead Hump Participants,

I would like for you to look @ Post #49 in this thread. Please let me know if you think these tires will be OK for the meet. My concern is there size, not tread: 285/70r17.

There is no rubbing even when steering from lock to lock but as you can see in the pics they come close. I'm not worried if I happen to damage a mud flap but I will be very upset if I yank off a fender flare in the process. Should I remove the front mud flaps just as a precaution or does it look as if I have enough room to off-road without issue?

I have another set of FJ wheels which I plan to buy 275/70r17 BFG A/T's for but I would like to use these for a while since I got all 5 of these for a great price & they ride better than I expected. They hum but I have ZERO vibes & I bought them this way & just slapped them on the truck.

Seeking your opinion.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #58
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Good Morning Fellow Homestead Hump Participants,

I would like for you to look @ Post #49 in this thread. Please let me know if you think these tires will be OK for the meet. My concern is there size, not tread: 285/70r17.

There is no rubbing even when steering from lock to lock but as you can see in the pics they come close. I'm not worried if I happen to damage a mud flap but I will be very upset if I yank off a fender flare in the process. Should I remove the front mud flaps just as a precaution or does it look as if I have enough room to off-road without issue?

I have another set of FJ wheels which I plan to buy 275/70r17 BFG A/T's for but I would like to use these for a while since I got all 5 of these for a great price & they ride better than I expected. They hum but I have ZERO vibes & I bought them this way & just slapped them on the truck.

Seeking your opinion.
Replied in BS Thread...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #59
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to list guys. I'm suppose to go archery hunt in Alabama around then but I'm in if its not conflicting.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #60
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm still here in Miami I'm down for a meet