Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Citrus Meet......!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #41
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Rgr. Hehehe...I've spent so much time in the heat this summer, I'm really looking forward to getting out in the woods and freezing my arse off.

I'm really hoping for a cold winter like we had a couple years ago. That'd be perfect for a meet. On the other hand, if it's like last winter...that would suck. We never even turned the A/C off.
Say what? It was 29* when I rolled into FL a couple days before Christmas last year.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #43
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
I would honestly think late November early December.....
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #44
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
You're all screwed.....

Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #45
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Say what? It was 29* when I rolled into FL a couple days before Christmas last year.
You must have been in north Florida then 'cause I clearly remember remarking about the fact that it was 80 degrees out on Christmas day. It never even broke into the high 40s for more than a day or two before going right back up into the high 70s.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #46
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
You're all screwed.....

^^^This...This is what I'm hoping for, lol. I remember it snowed here in Tampa once when I was like 6 years old. Surely we're due again by now.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #47
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
^^^This...This is what I'm hoping for, lol. I remember it snowed here in Tampa once when I was like 6 years old. Surely we're due again by now.
we got a foot of snow that night.......you don't want that.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #49
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You must have been in north Florida then 'cause I clearly remember remarking about the fact that it was 80 degrees out on Christmas day. It never even broke into the high 40s for more than a day or two before going right back up into the high 70s.
Just outside of Orlando. Also remember it being 31* a day or two after Christmas since I was out camping in Osceola Cty.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #50
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
we got a foot of snow that night.......you don't want that.
Well, that would cause pandemonium in the streets around here with most Floridiots having no clue how to drive in it, but as long as you didn't have any where to go (or were off road, where it would bring a nice new element of challenge) it wouldn't be so bad...assuming you were dressed for it and all.

To be perfectly honest, I've never seen snow like that, so it'd be a novel experience for me, lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #51

Quote:
Well, that would cause pandemonium in the streets around here with most Floridiots having no clue how to drive in it, but as long as you didn't have any where to go (or were off road, where it would bring a nice new element of challenge) it wouldn't be so bad...assuming you were dressed for it and all.

To be perfectly honest, I've never seen snow like that, so it'd be a novel experience for me, lol.
i definately recoment the experience. it makes for hellish wheeling though. it turned fairly easy trails into winching extravaganzas

took me a half hour to winch a land rover up a hill, 90 feet at a time

and the ice is sharp enout to cut tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD10eUDrHGI
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #52

Chris, if you don't go winter wheeling when it snows, i'll be very disappointed
Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #53

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chris, if you don't go winter wheeling when it snows, i'll be very disappointed
Already did this past January, that ice is hell! Also there was some leftover snow and ice on a March trip.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Already did this past January, that ice is hell! Also there was some leftover snow and ice on a March trip.
it's probable a 4-5 hour drive for you, but you need to get to Rausch Creek. probably best to go your first time before it snows lol.

3rd rated off road area in the country, behind Moab and Rubicon.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #56
Turdarado extractor
Nd4Spd86 will become famous soon enoughNd4Spd86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Nd4Spd86's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down anytime, the sooner the better!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #57
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
i definately recoment the experience. it makes for hellish wheeling though. it turned fairly easy trails into winching extravaganzas

Good times...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #58

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's probable a 4-5 hour drive for you, but you need to get to Rausch Creek. probably best to go your first time before it snows lol.

3rd rated off road area in the country, behind Moab and Rubicon.
RC, Uwharrie, and possibly Colorado are on my list for next year.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Alright so are we doing the citrus florida meet??
Im down for a camping/wheeling trip out there.

Lets lock down a date for this so people can start
Planning it out !!!