Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Richloam WMA Info & Meet Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Richloam ride

Count me in for the 6th, give them trails time to dry out from all the recent rains although I know there's wet erea's anyway all year round!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #22
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully I can get around to making my snorkel just in case I'd rather not suck any water in my carb and lock up my motor just yet
Old 09-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #23
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
Hopefully I can get around to making my snorkel just in case I'd rather not suck any water in my carb and lock up my motor just yet
I took my B2 (on 30" A/Ts) out there back in the day. You should be okay w/o a snorkel as long as you don't hit the water crossings going fast, but you definitely want to silicone your distributor cap and plug wires. Also, try to get one of those rubber distributor boots that came on 5.0 HO Fox-body Mustangs. IIRC, the distributor on those 2.8Ls was in the back of the engine, so it won't help that much on the V6, but when you drop the 302 in it, it'll save you a lot of headaches with wet ignition since the fan will spray water right on the distributor with Ford V8s (and earlier Toyota distributor engines).
Old 09-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
ummmm, i'm still interested in going, but i'm kinda chickening out on driving my own truck, i wanta see some mude and water, but it's sounding a little deep, I don't think i can afford to f up my truck
Old 09-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
ummmm, i'm still interested in going, but i'm kinda chickening out on driving my own truck, i wanta see some mude and water, but it's sounding a little deep, I don't think i can afford to f up my truck
I dunno what to tell ya there, Nam. I'd be lying if i said there wasn't deep stuff out there. There is, and we may find it. Only thing I can say is that experience at Richloam has caused me to develop a rule: if the water gets up to the top of my tires, I back out and pick another route. Discretion is the better part of valor after all. I've also learned the hard way that hitting deep water at mach 3 is a good way to hydro-lock your engine. As long as you follow the first condition and avoid the second, a snorkel isn't particularly necessary. I honestly wouldn't want to go deep enough to need one because I have no desire to get water inside the cabin.

All I can say is if you don't want to risk it, I've got space for one passenger and you're welcome to it.

It might be a moot point though. It seems that most ppl want to go on the 6th.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #26
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've got plenty of room if you want to park and ride with someone
Old 09-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #27
Interco Tire Snob

Might as well start a list...

1. Taco no Baka (29th or 6th)
2. Goomba (?)
3. Michaelrussell (6th)
4. Nammer (29th)
5. Blackhorse (6th)
Old 09-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
I took my B2 (on 30" A/Ts) out there back in the day. You should be okay w/o a snorkel as long as you don't hit the water crossings going fast, but you definitely want to silicone your distributor cap and plug wires. Also, try to get one of those rubber distributor boots that came on 5.0 HO Fox-body Mustangs. IIRC, the distributor on those 2.8Ls was in the back of the engine, so it won't help that much on the V6, but when you drop the 302 in it, it'll save you a lot of headaches with wet ignition since the fan will spray water right on the distributor with Ford V8s (and earlier Toyota distributor engines).
If I remember right the last time I was out there it was in a stock Isuzu trooper with out any issues and I was thinking about putting a little Vaseline in my plug boots and distributor it's worked for me in the past
Old 09-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #29
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
If I remember right the last time I was out there it was in a stock Isuzu trooper with out any issues and I was thinking about putting a little Vaseline in my plug boots and distributor it's worked for me in the past
That works. Just bring some WD-40 or spray-type brake cleaner or something like that just in case.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
I dunno what to tell ya there, Nam. I'd be lying if i said there wasn't deep stuff out there. There is, and we may find it. Only thing I can say is that experience at Richloam has caused me to develop a rule: if the water gets up to the top of my tires, I back out and pick another route. Discretion is the better part of valor after all. I've also learned the hard way that hitting deep water at mach 3 is a good way to hydro-lock your engine. As long as you follow the first condition and avoid the second, a snorkel isn't particularly necessary. I honestly wouldn't want to go deep enough to need one because I have no desire to get water inside the cabin.

All I can say is if you don't want to risk it, I've got space for one passenger and you're welcome to it.

It might be a moot point though. It seems that most ppl want to go on the 6th.
yea that's cool, i'd more than likely ride with one of u, cuse i'm a big baby but if I can't join yall this go around, def take some good vids!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #31
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
yea that's cool, i'd more than likely ride with one of u, cuse i'm a big baby but if I can't join yall this go around, def take some good vids!
If someone comes that has a vid camera, I sure hope we will.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #32
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
29th mayyyyybe
Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #33
Interco Tire Snob

1. Taco no Baka (29th or 6th)
2. Goomba (?)
3. Michaelrussell (6th)
4. Nammer (29th)
5. Blackhorse (6th)
6. Ckeene9 (29th?)

And we're back to being dead-locked. Maybe.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #34

If y'all wanna go this weekend go ahead ill just have to miss out on this one
Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #35
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I am free on sundays so whenever is best for youall
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #36
Interco Tire Snob

Well, in that case, with respect to Ckeene9 and Nammer, I'm going to have to call it in favor of the 6th, since it looks like more of us will be able to show up on that date.

So the list looks like this...

1. Taco no Baka (1st Gen 4WD)
2. Goomba (1st Gen 4WD)
3. Michaelrussell (B2 4WD)
4. Blackhorse (1st Gen 2WD)

Wow, I bet there hasn't been a purely 1st Gen meet in years.

Anyway, I'll update the second post...
Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #38
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
No worries, probably wasn't going to make it since its race day.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #39
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
So the list looks like this...

1. Taco no Baka (1st Gen 4WD)
2. Goomba (1st Gen 4WD)
3. Michaelrussell (B2 4WD)
4. Blackhorse (1st Gen 2WD)
5. 2010TRD (crashing the 1st gen party)

Since its the 6th I guess I will showup ... going this weekend to get my front diff seals replaced, they are currently bleeding all over my LCA and skids