Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Universal Studio!!! Out of state help

Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Universal Studio!!! Out of state help

I know this is last minute but is there a discount code or anyway I can save on tickets to Universal Studios for a one day trip. My son all of a sudden wants to go and I just checked to price on the Disney World site and I expected it to be high and wasn't disappointed. If someone can point me in the right direction for some saving, it will be greatly appreciated. I would like to bring him/wife tomorrow or Wednesday. We are visiting in laws in Jacksonville for now.Thanks for any info.

I'm from out of state. (Louisiana)
Old 11-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smtaco73 View Post
I know this is last minute but is there a discount code or anyway I can save on tickets to Universal Studios for a one day trip. My son all of a sudden wants to go and I just checked to price on the Disney World site and I expected it to be high and wasn't disappointed. If someone can point me in the right direction for some saving, it will be greatly appreciated. I would like to bring him/wife tomorrow or Wednesday. We are visiting in laws in Jacksonville for now.Thanks for any info.

I'm from out of state. (Louisiana)
You should be able to buy Florida Resident tickets...maybe use your inlaws name since they live in Jacksonville.

If not, try posting in the Florida BS thread...I'm sure there's members that live right around there that would buy you tickets...
Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
It's expensive no doubt about it bro. Try bernbaum's or something. They may have deals. Deals are very few and far between. The Fla. resident rate would be a great way to go. Stay away from those shady ticket dealers out there on the side of the road or at 7-11's and crap.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
if you have an old student ID, a lot of the parks give student discounts on admision tickets.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
if you have an old student ID, a lot of the parks give student discounts on admision tickets.
Jim's got one from the 50's wonder if it still works?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone military affiliated? Thats another way to go since mil members get in free and cheap for guests
Old 11-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Anyone military affiliated? Thats another way to go since mil members get in free and cheap for guests
Sorry my mil. Id is from the 60's
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
AAA?

I've been there once, back in the late 80s.
Even then, with the AAA discount, it was extremely expensive.
But food and stuff in the park is the "going rate"

I haven't been back. The Foley lab was the most interesting part of the tour... everything else was kinda cheesy, which I guess it really is until it is disguised by the camera, sound track, and special effects.

I think a more rewarding tour would be the Warner VIP tour. They have two or three levels of increasing cost and smaller size, and is a much better tour of an actual working studio. This is a pretty good time of year, as a lot of filming is active... just might run into someone famous, or maybe score tickets to a taping of Big Bang Theory.

But Warner doesn't have Transformers, The Simpsons, and King Kong.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #11

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Are we talking Orlando or California? I thought op meant Orlando but I could be wrong.. I Did take a studio tour in burbank a couple of years ago, I forgot which one. They did two and a half men and friends and crap. The tour was cool we had fun. My first time to Cali.I really liked it.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

We decided not to go but we will have a plan next time around. Thanks for all the input
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are we talking Orlando or California? I thought op meant Orlando but I could be wrong.. I Did take a studio tour in burbank a couple of years ago, I forgot which one. They did two and a half men and friends and crap. The tour was cool we had fun. My first time to Cali.I really liked it.
Ahh... Didn't realize there was one in Orlando too.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #14
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Ahh... Didn't realize there was one in Orlando too.
It BIGGER and better and the foreskin has been removed
Old 11-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #15
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about universal studios, or Hollywood studios? There's a difference. You mentioned universal studios, but you checked the price on the Disney website. ? ?

Hollywood studios is owned by disney.

Universal studios is a different entity