Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

^^JW Corbett Meet^^

Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #21
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...Publix on Northlake is the meet up spot.

10130 Northlake Boulevard
West Palm Beach‎ FL‎ 33412

Come one, Come all!!!

$3/person, up to $6/vehicle. Cash only, no change available.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil1 View Post
I dont know the area at all but it shouldnt be too hard with gps. I will meet at either publix
devil1, TAC1 and me are meeting up in the morning by MIA airport.
We are meeting up to head up together. TAC1 has been there before.

If you want to meet us up let me know.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Directions are simple to get to the Publix.
Quote:
-Take the turnpike to EXIT 107 (BEELINE HWY)

-After the toll plaza, you will curve left through a construction zone.

-Make a right at the traffic light, that is BEELINE HWY

-Go to the first Traffic light (NORTHLAKE BLVD) and make a left. {about a mile or so}

-Continue down NORTHLAKE BLVD until you see a shopping center on the left (south) side of the road. There will be a small Shopping center with a BB&T, SUNOCO GAS STATION, AND CHASE BANK in the front. There is a traffic light where you can turn in.
Remember to bring a 2way radio if you have one. Will make it easier to talk on the trails, since I don't think anyone has a CB. We will meet right behind the Gas Station. There is a free air pump there, so we can air down and back up after.

If you see a housing development on the left, you've gone too far.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #24
devil1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
devil1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post

Sounds like a plan. I live south of the airport, just let me know an exact location. Also if anyone needs a ride that lives down here let me know.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #25
devil1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
devil1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Directions are simple to get to the Publix.

Remember to bring a 2way radio if you have one. Will make it easier to talk on the trails, since I don't think anyone has a CB. We will meet right behind the Gas Station. There is a free air pump there, so we can air down and back up after.

If you see a housing development on the left, you've gone too far.
I have an air compressor on my truck just in case we need one out there.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #26
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a air compressor and small fold-able shovel and 2 radios. i also have recovery straps and hooks.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
Member Caught Off Road

Hopefully the air compressors work better than the one I tried to use last time...20 minutes to air up my truck, and everyone would rather drive home with flats...
Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
i also have a air compressor and small fold-able shovel and 2 radios. i also have recovery straps and hooks.
Bring it just in case, ill try and get a 2way radio before
The meet but if anyone has an extra
Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #29
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sounds like a plan. Just let me know where exactly. I think if we leave the airport by 9:15am the latest we can make it up there with plenty of time.

Quote:
Bring it just in case, ill try and get a 2way radio before
The meet but if anyone has an extra
I don't have 2-way radios but I do have a shovel, 2 tow/snatch straps (20' & 30'), an air compressor, TRD hook in the front & a shackle that goes in the trailer hitch. I also went from open diff to OEM Mechanical LSD that I bought new from the dealership about 16,000 miles ago. I'm 2WD so the least I can do is prepare otherwise

Hey devil1,
2 things.

1)
Your truck looks awesome! I'm also glad you have those pro-comp wheels because, other than my 17" OEM FJ Cruiser wheels, I have always liked the look of those & I haven't seen any up close. Now I'll be able to.

How did your tires balance out with them?

What is the offset?

Are they hub centric?

2)
That pic of you drifting in the dirt. Where was that taken? It looks like the area I used to go to off of nw 41 st & 147 ave but that area (the last 2 times that I checked) has been closed down by FPL.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #30
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Dan,

Don't forget to bring that awesome camera of yours!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Hey Dan,

Don't forget to bring that awesome camera of yours!
Haha. I got this...gotta find a better spot to mount my GoPro aswell.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #32
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil1 View Post
Sounds like a plan. I live south of the airport, just let me know an exact location. Also if anyone needs a ride that lives down here let me know.
Hey devil1, i sent you a pm. Check to see if you
Got it
Old 12-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
Member Caught Off Road

So, heres what we have that I know of...

AWorthyOpponent
jmangone
TAC1
Nicko
devil1
PMK
Finks99Taco - 99%
Kicklighter - most likely, if he is persuaded
That kid in the Sierra he will eventually wreck...
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Freaking sweet
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #35
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
stoked!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #36

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
OK guys,

I am having family over on Sunday the 22nd. They were supposed to be down here on the 29th but had to change due to my cousins work schedule. This means that my plans for that day have to get moved up to this Sunday the 15th.

However, I am still going. I am looking forward to riding through the area that Dans video showed & now with less rain it shouldn't be as wet & muddy. I don't know how long we will be there but regardless of that I would have to leave by 1:00 or 1:30 the latest. This will give me time to do what I need to do & not have any complications for next Sunday.

The good thing about our meet-point is that it is right next to the trails. Sorry guys but I do between 55-60 hours a week & my only day off is Sunday. But with 2 or 2.5 hours we can hopefully do a lot of riding.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #37
Member Caught Off Road

That's stinks...but at least you're still joining us. 2.5 hours will still give you time explore though...
Old 12-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #38

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! BTW, I hope the situation changes for you & you end up going to Citrus.

Also, where did you post that Corbett vid? I forgot & I want to see it again.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #39
Member Caught Off Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VaNFwmHa0
Old 12-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #40

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!