Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

^^JW Corbett Meet^^

Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #42
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Tac1, I am old and easily confused...

Is this correct? To clarify, the day is this Sunday 12.15.2013 and the time is 11 am at Publix on Northlake.

If I'm wrong, set me straight.

PK
Thats right as far as i know
Old 12-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Tac1, I am old and easily confused...

Is this correct? To clarify, the day is this Sunday 12.15.2013 and the time is 11 am at Publix on Northlake.

If I'm wrong, set me straight.

PK
Haha! I must be following in your foot steps because I had to double check myself!
Well, having just scrolled through this thread I realized that there are 3 addresses mentioned here.

This was the first recommended meet point:
15856 99TH CT N West Palm Beach, FL 33412
I believe this house was chosen due to it's proximity to Corbett & I think an acquaintance of Dan lives there but I could be wrong.

I then recommended this meet point:
Publix Shopping Center 7050 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd Loxahatchee,‎ Florida‎ 33470
This is a shopping center with more parking & it was the meet point that Dan set up on Dec. 2012.

Then Dan recommended this meet point:
THIS IS THE CORRECT MEET POINT:
10130 Northlake Boulevard
West Palm Beach‎ FL‎ 33412

This is the best recommendation since it is literally next to the entrance to the trail we are going on. It also cuts travel time which is a plus for me & Dan knows that place A LOT BETTER than I do having just gone once.

Hey Nick, If I may make a suggestion, you should edit your original post so that it only shows the correct meet address.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #44
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
I would correct it but we havent chosen
A designated meet spot.

Which is the one with the free air and publix
Near by. I think that one will work out.

Worthy which one is it that im talking about
Here,
Old 12-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #45
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
So, heres what we have that I know of...

AWorthyOpponent
jmangone
TAC1
Nicko
devil1
PMK
Finks99Taco - 99%
Kicklighter - most likely, if he is persuaded
That kid in the Sierra he will eventually wreck...
Can't wait to see it wreck but not wishing it would. Just wanna be there when he does.

So unless Jamee's gives me crap, looks I'll be attending this shindig.
Just changed all the fluids too.

Where we meeting Dan? That house again or Publix?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #46
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Guys,
I don't want to speak for Dan but he posted this early in this thread. As far as I know we are meeting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I'm down...

Only thing I would change is the meetup location. As long as no one needs the hardware store last minute, the best place for everyone to meet would be the Publix on Northlake. We went to the gas station there to air up afterwards and the compressor is crazy fast...makes it worth it just for that. Also, you guys coming from south would basically be able to take the Turnpike to Bee Line and turn on Northlake. That would cut out a lot of city driving, save some gas and time on travel since the speed limit there is 55 all the way to Corbett.

10130 Northlake Boulevard
West Palm Beach‎ FL‎ 33412
United States

Map of JW Corbett WMA:
http://m.myfwc.com/media/2530750/Corbett-Map.pdf

Rules have changed a little...we have to stay on Trail 6, which is pretty long. For those of us that went last year, we only did about 1/4 of the trail. Since more of is are going, we can explore Trail 6 where it intersects with the L-8 canal. It looks like a simple gravel road, but you never know.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #47
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^

BAM SON, you got it...
Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #48
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
There you go thats the meet place. Ill make sure the
Original post has that address
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #49
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
Can't wait to see it wreck but not wishing it would. Just wanna be there when he does.

So unless Jamee's gives me crap, looks I'll be attending this shindig.
Just changed all the fluids too.

Where we meeting Dan? That house again or Publix?
Yeah, I wouldn't wish it on him...but it's part of the reason I keep the camera rolling...
Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #50
Member Caught Off Road

TOMORROW GUYS!!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #52
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Got someone else from down here in miami that wants to
Ride out. Hopefully well have four of us heading up
Old 12-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #53
ralphyc517 is on a distinguished road
ralphyc517's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, im fairly new to this forum, first post, mostly do reading. ive been keeping an eye on the humps meet and was going to go. just found this thread/ meet that will replace the humps meet. im in miami, i would like to go to the meet and have some fun. where are the miami guys meeting and at what time? would like to caravan up there with you guys. i have a 1st gen 4x4 btw.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #54
ralphyc517 is on a distinguished road
ralphyc517's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Got someone else from down here in miami that wants to
Ride out. Hopefully well have four of us heading up
thats me. i posted in here just incase you didnt see my pm.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #55

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.... 4 trucks from Miami.... AWESOME!

BTW, after riding through the Highlands in Ocala with TW member Michael I found an awesome Self-Service car wash with the high pressure washer. I spent $15 in quarters but I even cleaned the engine. When I was done it looked as if I hadn't off-roaded at all. Where in Miami is there a good Self Service car wash?
Old 12-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #56
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like a 40% chance of rain so we will need to keep an eye on the radar but im sure it will be a small storm if any.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #57
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphyc517 View Post
hey guys, im fairly new to this forum, first post, mostly do reading. ive been keeping an eye on the humps meet and was going to go. just found this thread/ meet that will replace the humps meet. im in miami, i would like to go to the meet and have some fun. where are the miami guys meeting and at what time? would like to caravan up there with you guys. i have a 1st gen 4x4 btw.
I already got you uptodate with the meet info in the morning.
And by the way. Welcome to tacoma world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post

BTW, after riding through the Highlands in Ocala with TW member Michael I found an awesome Self-Service car wash with the high pressure washer. I spent $15 in quarters but I even cleaned the engine. When I was done it looked as if I hadn't off-roaded at all. Where in Miami is there a good Self Service car wash?
The only one that i know of is down in florida city and one
In homestead which is way south
Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #58
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:

There's a few around here. Dan has the hookup at a local car wash.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Dan,

Is this road with the jumps (pictured in your thread & jumped by 11B4X4) still accessible?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...w-corbett.html
It's the main trail. It's a little washed out so you won't be able to get as much air as he did but may take the load off your suspension at some point if you go fast enough.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #60
Member Caught Off Road

There's a self serve car wash around here, but it's a little out of the way. I told a guy at the car wash we went to last time that we may be coming on Sunday just to use the pressure washers. I think last time he said that we could use the pressure washer for $10 and do it ourself. Not too bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
It's the main trail. It's a little washed out so you won't be able to get as much air as he did but may take the load off your suspension at some point if you go fast enough.