Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

^^JW Corbett Meet^^

Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
^^JW Corbett Meet^^

We are planning to have a meet for jmangone's birthday as per his wishes.
originally we were going to have the meet out at the homestead hump but
since it seems that the hump will be under water for the next few weeks or
possibly months. We are changing the meet location to JW Corbett WMA.

^^^^^^LOCATION^^^^^^^^
JW Corbett WMA
15856 99TH CT N
West Palm Beach, FL

Meet Up info:

Publix..
10130 Northlake Boulevard
West Palm Beach‎ FL‎ 33412
United States

Notes about Corbett:
There is a $3 per person, up to $6 per vehicle charge to enter the WMA.
It is hunting season. We must stay on numbered trails and go "bird watching" or something to stay technically legal.*
The trails are tight in some places.

^^^^^^^ TIME & DATE ^^^^^^
December 15, 2013
11:00am

Let me know what you guys think of the time. What is best for everyone?

For anyone who is interested, we'll be out there just follow the page for
any updates.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery

this is the location if you search it with Google maps
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Nick,
If you don't mind I think it would be best to meet up where Dan set it up last year. Theres enough space for all of us to meet up before going to Corbett. He posted this back then:

Meet Up info:
Publix Shopping Center
7050 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd
Loxahatchee,‎ Florida‎ 33470

There is a publix, auto parts store, bank, and a gas station in the shopping center, so everyone can get anything they forgot.

Notes about Corbett:
It is hunting season. We must stay on numbered trails and go "bird watching" or something to stay technically legal.
The trails are tight in some places. I also have no interest in scratching up my truck.

Things to bring:
Food/Drinks for everyone in your party
Cash for entry fee
Recovery gear
Mainly Tow Straps
2 Way Radios (much cheaper than a CB)

List of people going:
Nicko
TAC1
Old 11-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
^updated
Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down...

Only thing I would change is the meetup location. As long as no one needs the hardware store last minute, the best place for everyone to meet would be the Publix on Northlake. We went to the gas station there to air up afterwards and the compressor is crazy fast...makes it worth it just for that. Also, you guys coming from south would basically be able to take the Turnpike to Bee Line and turn on Northlake. That would cut out a lot of city driving, save some gas and time on travel since the speed limit there is 55 all the way to Corbett.

United States

Map of JW Corbett WMA:
http://m.myfwc.com/media/2530750/Corbett-Map.pdf

Rules have changed a little...we have to stay on Trail 6, which is pretty long. For those of us that went last year, we only did about 1/4 of the trail. Since more of is are going, we can explore Trail 6 where it intersects with the L-8 canal. It looks like a simple gravel road, but you never know.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I'm down...

Only thing I would change is the meetup location. As long as no one needs the hardware store last minute, the best place for everyone to meet would be the Publix on Northlake. We went to the gas station there to air up afterwards and the compressor is crazy fast...makes it worth it just for that. Also, you guys coming from south would basically be able to take the Turnpike to Bee Line and turn on Northlake. That would cut out a lot of city driving, save some gas and time on travel since the speed limit there is 55 all the way to Corbett.

United States
Ok meet location has been updated.

And I hope you are down for the meet, you probably know the area best from everyone. Lol.
Anyway I'll check back on this page, later this afternoon. Just got home from work and
feeling like a zombie at this point.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Old 11-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #8
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I'm down...

United States

Map of JW Corbett WMA:
http://m.myfwc.com/media/2530750/Corbett-Map.pdf

Rules have changed a little...we have to stay on Trail 6, which is pretty long. For those of us that went last year, we only did about 1/4 of the trail. Since more of is are going, we can explore Trail 6 where it intersects with the L-8 canal. It looks like a simple gravel road, but you never know.
Dan knows the area much better than we do. I'd definitely follow your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Ok meet location has been updated.

And I hope you are down for the meet, you probably know the area best from everyone. Lol.
Anyway I'll check back on this page, later this afternoon. Just got home from work and
Good night zombie!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yea exactly what I felt like.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
catsman50 is on a distinguished road
catsman50's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could join but I couldn't get out of work Sunday I've always wanted to take my truck out there and meet local taco people......
Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsman50 View Post
Wish I could join but I couldn't get out of work Sunday I've always wanted to take my truck out there and meet local taco people......
Soo stoked for this...think I have another friend with a Tacoma (non member) that might join aswell.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #13

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome news Dan!

I'm looking forward to it too. My wife also saw the vid that you posted & we were impressed with how much area is open now than our last visit.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #14
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Nick,
If you don't mind I think it would be best to meet up where Dan set it up last year. Theres enough space for all of us to meet up before going to Corbett. He posted this back then:

Meet Up info:
Publix Shopping Center
7050 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd
Loxahatchee,‎ Florida‎ 33470

There is a publix, auto parts store, bank, and a gas station in the shopping center, so everyone can get anything they forgot.

Notes about Corbett:
It is hunting season. We must stay on numbered trails and go "bird watching" or something to stay technically legal.
The trails are tight in some places. I also have no interest in scratching up my truck.

Things to bring:
Food/Drinks for everyone in your party
Cash for entry fee
Recovery gear
Mainly Tow Straps
2 Way Radios (much cheaper than a CB)

List of people going:
Nicko
TAC1
jmangone
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Im definitly looking forward to the meet man. Just need
To find someone to watch the baby and were good
Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
devil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
devil1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new to this forum but I am down to go. Its not far of a drive. Maybe I'll get to test out my new winch lol
Old 12-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil1 View Post
I'm new to this forum but I am down to go. Its not far of a drive. Maybe I'll get to test out my new winch lol
Come out buddy, meet us up.

I believe we will meet at some publix before we head
Out to corbett. Keep up with the thread.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #18
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, there are currently two different meet up locations with a Publix posted.

This should be finalized prior to this weekend.

Worthy mentioned changing it to the Publix on Northlake. He is correct that it is almost exactly on the main road from the turnpike exit that takes you that leads to Corbett. So no turns once off the turnpike it's a straight run to Publix.

The second Publix mentioned, would involve driving Northlake to the west end. At this T in the road, left and a couple miles takes you to Publix or right takes you to Corbett.

FWIW, Publix on Northlake has less minimal other shops. While Publix on Seminole Pratt has more shops.

Either will work, though the Northlake will save a few minutes of driving.

PK
Old 12-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
FWIW, there are currently two different meet up locations with a Publix posted.

This should be finalized prior to this weekend.

Worthy mentioned changing it to the Publix on Northlake. He is correct that it is almost exactly on the main road from the turnpike exit that takes you that leads to Corbett. So no turns once off the turnpike it's a straight run to Publix.

The second Publix mentioned, would involve driving Northlake to the west end. At this T in the road, left and a couple miles takes you to Publix or right takes you to Corbett.

FWIW, Publix on Northlake has less minimal other shops. While Publix on Seminole Pratt has more shops.

Either will work, though the Northlake will save a few minutes of driving.

PK
Im up for which ever one is going to be easier. Maybe the first
Publix that you are talking about would work, being right off
The turnpike
Old 12-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
devil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant futuredevil1 has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
devil1's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know the area at all but it shouldnt be too hard with gps. I will meet at either publix