Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Visiting Ocala this Sat/Sun. Wanna show a Miami guy some trails?

Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Visiting Ocala this Sat/Sun. Wanna show a Miami guy some trails?

Hello Ocala area TW members:

I will be driving to Ocala on Friday night to take my son & 2 of his friends to the Wayne's World paintball tournament located at:
4841 S. Pine Street,
directly across the street from the
Ocala Drive-In Movie Theater screen.

I've driven through Ocala a few times but never stopped there.

Any good 2WD friendly trails in this area & is any one interested in going out there with me either on Saturday or Sunday? Preferably Saturday but either will do.

Here's a pic of my truck. Mechanical LSD & my A/T tires are the only traction aid that I have. Just looking for some fun that my truck can handle.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
PMK posted this on the South Florida BS Thread:

FWIW, you might see about some mild easy trail stuff in the Ocala National Forrest. Do your homework first. Bring a GPS too.

Anyone like to meet here or anywhere in the Ocala area this weekend?
Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #3

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
If no one can go can someone at least recommend any easy trails that I can go through alone

I'll be leaving Miami for Ocala at around 8:30.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gonna linke ur thread to the florida bs, there are a lot more central florida guys there, i think there are places called b pits or something, never wheeled in ocala area
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few 100 miles of hard pack one lane roads in here Ill be back let me find a map
Old 12-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
B-pit is not 2wd friendly and I haven't been to the forest in forever and don't remember where the trails are but if you find something you want to explore I'll be free tomorrow afternoon
Old 12-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #8

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
i'm gonna linke ur thread to the florida bs, there are a lot more central florida guys there, i think there are places called b pits or something, never wheeled in ocala area
Thank you nammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
There are a few 100 miles of hard pack one lane roads in here Ill be back let me find a map
Thank you river rat 69. I can do hard packed. It's awesome that you actually have a chance to see bears during the day! That road looks fun! I'd still be concerned being out there alone but there may be other people out there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
B-pit is not 2wd friendly and I haven't been to the forest in forever and don't remember where the trails are but if you find something you want to explore I'll be free tomorrow afternoon
What's B-pit? Not the pic that river rat posted, I hope. Thank you for that offer!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's an old limerock quarry with rocks and steep hill climbs so 4x4's only and I'd like to go tomorrow all day but I gotta work in the morning
Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #10

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post7623173
Could go to the highlands it's not the biggest place but it's a start
Old 12-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #11

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post7623173
Could go to the highlands it's not the biggest place but it's a start
Sounds good to me. You know this area best so I'll follow your lead!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #12

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw the vid.
Looks like fun AND doable for 2WD.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #13

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I've been back at Wayne's World paintball tournament for a bit now. Michael & I went out to the Highlands & it was FUN! We were both able to drive through the section with the soft sugar sand without airing down & without getting stuck. It is EXTREMELY PEACEFUL out there once you shut the trucks off.

Had a good time with a cool & friendly person.

We both took pics/vids. I sent what I have to him so he can post all of them since I won't be near a computer for a few days.

THANKS MICHAEL!!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #14

Not a problem it was good meeting you and I had a blast

Old 12-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #15

http://youtu.be/EoVm9KIpcco
http://youtu.be/oJ2IetVcpfA
http://youtu.be/hTXNxdw6SfE
Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #16

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to meet you too & I had a blast also!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
Pagan is on a distinguished road

Army: Army Aviation
Name: Bill
Pagan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a lot of fun. Where is the Highlands?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #18

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. Where is the Highlands?
Hello Pagan,

I PM'd Michael because I don't exactly know since I followed him.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #19

Here's the coordinates