New Guy in Miami saying hi

Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Sweatpants is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Charles
Sweatpants's Tacoma Gallery
New Guy in Miami saying hi

Hey guys,

I have been lurking here for a while and used these boards to find my Taco dealer (Earl Stewart). This site and the forums is a great place and I hope to be able to contribute to the discussions.

I am currently living in Miami and am looking to meet up to go mudding/off roading with any locals down here. I took the truck, the wife and the dog out today for the first time to the "humps" down in homestead and had a great time. I did manage to get myself stuck pretty good after about an hour of goofing off. Luckily, two dudes on Quads showed up and within minutes we had the truck out and things were good to go.

I served on Tanks for a few years before re-classing to Infantry and getting stuck out there today made me realize I probably need to dial it back a little, as awesome as the tacoma is, it is not an MBT.

Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi and see if anyone wants to show a new guy some good spots.

Best regards,
Charles

Old 12-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Stay a while and you'll probably realize the stock Bridgestone Dueller tires are meant for pavement. A proper mud tire like the BFGoodrich KM2 would get you farther.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! You actually lucked out by not filling the rear diff with mud. You may want to do the rear diff breather mod before you get any deeper than that.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the madness
Old 12-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome Charles from the other side of the state
Old 12-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, check out the citrus thread here in the florida section.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
How far in did you get at the hump?
Hello & Welcome!

BTW, I was gonna ask the same thing.
Also, did you go in through the Card Sound Rd entrance & are you 2x4 or 4x4?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME! Watch out for that pole lol
Old 12-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!! make it to the citrus meet in Jan. You may wanna take the mud flaps off for that one!!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a dog in the PS
Old 12-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
Aerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Flight Mech
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Lol welcome! Like others have said those stock sport tires are not going to help ya much..
Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Sweatpants is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Charles
Sweatpants's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome. As it sits right now it is a stock 4x4 V6 TRD sport... yeah the tires are not quite made for the mud, I realized that pretty hardcore once I was, well, IN the mud.

I know I got pretty lucky today, tires, a winch and some other mods are in the works. The truck is about 4 months old and I got her off the trailer with 4 miles on it.. Luckily my wife supports my crazy ideas and thinks it is good therapy since she says I miss Afghanistan and being a dirty bum so much haha

I went in off Card sound road and got about 1000ft before things got too deep, so I turned around and went up and entered through SW167th, tried Lucille drive for another 200feet before that got too deep, then finally went full USS Failboat after getting about 500ft down Tennessee Rd heading south...

And yes, that is a dog in the passenger seat.

Charles
Old 12-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Think of it as a christening bath lol
Old 12-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatpants View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome. As it sits right now it is a stock 4x4 V6 TRD sport... yeah the tires are not quite made for the mud, I realized that pretty hardcore once I was, well, IN the mud.

I know I got pretty lucky today, tires, a winch and some other mods are in the works. The truck is about 4 months old and I got her off the trailer with 4 miles on it.. Luckily my wife supports my crazy ideas and thinks it is good therapy since she says I miss Afghanistan and being a dirty bum so much haha

I went in off Card sound road and got about 1000ft before things got too deep, so I turned around and went up and entered through SW167th, tried Lucille drive for another 200feet before that got too deep, then finally went full USS Failboat after getting about 500ft down Tennessee Rd heading south...

And yes, that is a dog in the passenger seat.

Charles
Do the yellow wire mod. Check out this link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...4low-trac.html