1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Florida kinda, sorta, somewhat, semi annual Citrus meet Photos

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ohohvette, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Thanks! I was pleased with how it did out there. Having the frontend locked really helped too. The only place it really had trouble was with those sand hill climbs. The Swampers weren't liking the sand much. :p

edit: oh, and yeah, after Dirtymike finished rutting it up with those 37s, it pretty much required 4WD and 33s (or 2WD and 37s) to get through it. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. Jan 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    4banger4x4

4banger4x4 Probably should'nt have done that.

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    i dont know man, my open front end did everything your locked front end did. granted i had a little more wheel spin sometimes.

3. Jan 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    That's a true fact. On the other hand, with my locked front end, I could have probably backed off that hill you got stuck on Friday night...probably...if I was crazy enough to go up there to begin with. :D

Isn't that the point though? That one hill in that clay pit off Trail 10, you and the jeep worked to get up it, where as I just crawled it--meaning I still had a bit more capability to go before it came down to driver skill. You and the jeep were getting into the area where driver skill allowed you to get up there by managing the edge of your vehicle capability. In other words, you guys got up there by skill. I just depended on the truck to get me there. :D

4. Jan 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    I don't mind :thumbsup:

5. Jan 7, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    so what your saying is you wanna trade truck next time and we'll see what your truck can do :]

needless to say there are way to many mods that im looking at now because of last weekend (rear bumper, high lift, more lights, 1 or 2 lockers)

6. Jan 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    Hey even with those little tires, you made it up that big hill at the first spot we hit. I was suprised when i turned around i saw the 4runner up there. I was like what! i missed it. haha

My wife had fun out there as well. It was the first time she really wheeled with the truck. she really liked it, untill she slammed the 7 pin connector against a rock lol.

Your 4runner did very well out there, you just need the tires.
    see i have the tires but i need a lift. that what really held me back out there.

7. Jan 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha, I came away with the opposite effect. I was happy with my choices and pretty satisfied with the truck as it sits. (I don't even want to think about how that's possible...:notsure:)

Okay, yeah, I would like to have a little more height so I didn't rub so much, but not at the expense of your CV angles. Those were scary--especially if you think about what they must look like at full droop. Maybe a 1" body lift to get the wheel wells up off the tires a bit. Some 4.56s or 4.88s would be nice to to keep me from abusing my clutch in 2H. And yeah, I'd love to have your front bumper and a high clearance rear bumper, but I don't have that kind of jack to blow on it.

Okay, yeah, I guess there is a lot of other stuff I'd like to do, but ultimately, I don't feel any pressing need to do it. The truck right now probably exceeds my capability as a driver so until I hit those limitations, I'm satisfied with it.

And no, we're not trading trucks so you can beat the crap out of mine, lol. I'm handling that well enough on my own, thank-you-very-much. :D

8. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Thanks bud

9. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    its weird ive had some people tell me my cv angles are not that bad :confused: but ive never seen any other lifted 1st gens until this weekend so i didnt have anything to compare it to. maybe a BL is needed for my truck and some more clearancing in the front.

and i wouldnt have armor if it wasnt for the diy kit, bumpers are so expensive! and the only way im getting the HC rear is if relentless will modify his bumper to a HC and then sell it to me in the DIY form.

and yeah i would never drive someone elses truck out there, im already scared im going to brake my truck. I would be paranoid if i was behind the wheel of someone elses truck

10. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I dunno. Maybe they aren't. I was just going by how mine look and pictures I've seen of other folks that are going through boots left and right. Mine are no where near the angle yours are.

Haha, you also work at a fab shop. If I had a welder and plasma cutter, I'd try my hand at building my own. Metal plate can't be that expensive. :eek:

This is a definite point in your favor. :D Some people would get in someone else's truck and drive it like they stole it. :rolleyes:

I had a good friend that I loaned my YJ to right after I lifted it and put it on 16x35 Boggers. I hadn't had the rear driveshaft lengthened yet so if you accelerated too hard it would pull the slip yoke out of the T-case. He did and knocked a huge dent in my brand new 3 chamber Flowmaster. I got him back though. We swapped trucks one night to play in the mud. He had an old beater '78 Bronco. It got away from me and slid into a chain link fence. Put a big scratch in his fender. I felt so guilty about that, I probably wouldn't wheel anyone else's truck again, unless it was an emergency, like they were just too freaked out to drive, but needed to get the vehicle out to get home.

11. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    i just looked thru some builds and looked at angles and im not sure what mine look like compared to them right now but im gonna snap a pic once i clean my truck and post it up to see how it compares. yes my truck is still covered in clay mud sand and what ever else is out there. to damn cold to start up the pressure washer. also i just crank my Coilovers so idk how much lift i really have :rolleyes:

its really not that expensive but there is a lot of parts that go into a bumper like i have and i would have attempted to build one but i really wanted it to look good and i didnt think i had the skill to make one like that. now the rear bumper i might be able to make with square tubing but its kinda hard for me to fab steel, i work at an aluminum shop so i dont really have steel working tools.

I know if someone ever drove my truck and broke it they would be paying for all the damages. thats why i drive other peoples cars like a grandpa, if im going to put money into a vehicle its going to be mine.

12. Jan 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    No argument there. My friend was a special case though. When he has almost as much time in my build as I do and vise-versa, I can eat some damage as long as he helps fix it if need be. That was pretty much our understanding. Within reason of course. If he blew the motor acting stupid, yeah, I'd expect him to pay for it. But again, that takes a level of trust that only develops when you know someone really well.

13. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere

I didn't know your truck was locked up front I really though it was the boggers that helped you get up there. I watched your truck and 4banger4x4 a lot. Your trucks are sick! I love 1st gens sometimes I wish mine was a 1st gen.

14. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    There actually super swampers and I agree they've got some bad ass 1st gens

15. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    pretty sure they would trade you in a heartbeat ;)

16. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    I don't think lee would

17. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    xweslingx

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:

Hahah if they knew how much my 35s rubbed out at citrus they wouldn't ;) it's fixed now thank god

18. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    yeah ill trade straight up in a heart beat....

And then sell it and buy another 1st gen and have it SAS :D

19. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    xweslingx

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:

Next meet we could switch for a bit I wouldn't mind.

20. Jan 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    Thanks

and if you knew how much we rubbed 33s. also folded the bottom my bed side up with my 33s, hence why i want a HC rear bumper now

Products Discussed in

To Top