1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Florida kinda, sorta, somewhat, semi annual Citrus meet Photos

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ohohvette, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 11, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Have you looked at how hideously expensive those things are? Dirtymike probably had the better part of a grand in those two hanging off the back of his truck. No freakin' way. I don't care how cool they are or how nice they work, there's no way I'd pay that kind of money when I can get something that will do the same thing for a small fraction of the cost. I wouldn't turn one down if someone was giving one away for free, but, dayum, they ain't worth what they are charging for them.

2. Jan 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.

Whoa, nice! I thought you were kidding about that. :eek:

That's gonna be a bada$$ 'Runner. Next meet, Leandra really will be walking the dog all over the Odd Green Taco! :eek: Probably the Wes-mobile too, lol.

3. Jan 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere

Watch the group buys bro;) I got mine off a group buy on a jeep site

4. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    4banger4x4

4banger4x4 Probably should'nt have done that.

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    i think you might be over pricing them. he had $350 in them.
    http://www.bubbarope.com/4x4-products
    Jeep, whats that. haha but what forum? cause my recovery straps are all trash right now

5. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I carry dental floss. gets crap out nicely and is real cheap.

6. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    thats because 2wds are easy to pull out. unless your name is Velcro.

7. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Yep cause this 2wd don't git stuck

8. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    xweslingx

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:

Nothing's easy to pull out.

9. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    xweslingx

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:

Jk owners forum. Haha yea I had a pretty sweet one once. I paid like 100something for mine and it came with a cool duffel bag thing

10. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    dude thats soooo freaking funny holy shit!!!:rofl::rofl::rimshot::headbang::headbang:

11. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    xweslingx

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:

I was hoping you'd catch it :cool:

12. Jan 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
  13. Jan 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Better look again. Those top three "cheaper" ones were way smaller than what Dirtymike had. His had to be at least the 1.25" versions if not the 1.5". Could be wrong about that, but that's how big my memory says they were. Which means, retail his go for $299 to $449 each. Times 2, that's the better part of a grand ($600-$900). Even if he got them buy one get one free, that's still way too much money for me to justify...and if I broke one, dayum, there'd probably be tears. If I break my $60 strap...oh well. It wouldn't hurt my feelings too badly. A $300 rope on the other hand...there'd be much wailing and nashing of teeth.

But...it's your money and you're free to spend it how you like. :cool:

As long as you're giving it away, though, I'll take a few hundred. The Odd Green Taco will need a clutch soon (especially if I keep beating on it like I did last weekend). :D

14. Jan 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    nah he had a blue and a red one. the red one is the one that pulled me off my hill of death. page 3 of this thread has a pic of his straps and the eye colors

and i think your using your clutch wrong, ive never had an issue with burning the clutch off road. then again i use to much speed sometimes,and ive never done it with a lincoln locked front end

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  15. Jan 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    hey now, I still got pulled out, its just I was in a bad spot to get stuck :rolleyes:

my goal next time is to not get stuck, Ill have my rear diff lock by then :cool:

16. Jan 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    (edited)I thought you could get different colors in the same size. Which would be handy in Dirtymike's case for knowing which end to grab when in a big pile in the back of the truck. ;) I'd still shed tears over breaking a $200 rope though. :D

Edit: It says you can get them in any eye color you want if you click on the specific rope. So I'm going to stick by my guess that he had the bigger ones until Dirtymike weighs in and tells us for sure.

As for my clutch, it was on it's last legs when I got the truck. I've never had much of a problem with them off-road before either. Of course, I never did this type of off-roading much. Still, you could be right. I could be unconsciously riding it since it disengages at the top of the pedal and I tend to keep the pedal covered in case things go squirrely. I dunno though. I don't seem to have the issue when in Low range. Still though, if it is me riding it, then if it disengaged at the bottom of the pedal like it should (with a new clutch) then any unconscious pressure I'm putting on it at the top probably wouldn't effect it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  17. Jan 11, 2014 at 9:38 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    So you plan on parking and riding with someone then...?

:D

Tacos do seem really easy to pull out. I didn't have to snatch you or 4banger when I pulled you out this trip and the last trip, I didn't have snatch Thomas and he didn't have to snatch me the three times I got stuck.

In the past it seemed like we had to snatch the hell out of people until shit started breaking and even then sometimes we couldn't get them out. Different type of mud I guess.

18. Jan 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    thats why its a "goal" lol, I may not achieve it, but I sure as hell can strive for it. hehe, I am most certain I will still get stuck again lol, just not as much :rolleyes:

19. Jan 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    I didn't get stuck at all this trip :cool:

20. Jan 12, 2014 at 6:44 AM