Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

HARDROCK RIDE AND CAMP WEEKEND

Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
FJpescador will become famous soon enough
Name: Bret
FJpescador's Tacoma Gallery
HARDROCK RIDE AND CAMP WEEKEND

Hey all, Looking to do a ride and camp at Hardrock ORP.

Date: Weekend of Feb. 15th

Web Site: http://www.hardrockmx.com/

Price:* $25.00*per day per vehicle

CAMPING FEES
With Electric & Water Hook-ups *
Daily $20
Primitive Camping
Daily $10

I'm going to arrive at gate opening 10am sat. the. 15th, set up camp, go for a ride. Come back to camp for a lunch and then a afternoon ride.
Camp sat night and the a morning ride on Sunday.

Any one up for a weekend or just the day of wheeling add your name(copy and paste)

FJPescador (Bret)
Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im down if im still in town. (planning ski trip around this time)

1. FJPescador (Bret)
2. 4banger4x4 (Eric) day trip
Old 01-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in wheeling for the day on the 15th. Not totally ready to commit yet, I have to check on a couple of things the wife and have coming up.

I'll let you know soon if I can make it.

GH
Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
I'm interested in wheeling for the day on the 15th. Not totally ready to commit yet, I have to check on a couple of things the wife and have coming up.

I'll let you know soon if I can make it.

GH
i would love to see what your runner could actually do!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'm able to go.

1. FJPescador (Bret)
3. GuyHuey (my screen name is my name) day trip Saturday
Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
rlocker will become famous soon enough
Name: Ron
rlocker's Tacoma Gallery
HardRock Ride

Hey Toyota Owners,

I would like to join you for your Feb 15th Trail Ride if you don't mind. I have Suzuki XL7 4 x 4. It has a Mild lift kit with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrack tires. This is my DD, with only a 2.7 engine, its great on gas. Don't laugh, this thing came from the factory with 5.13 gears and low range option. It will be fun to see what it can do.

Ron
Sarasota
Attached Thumbnails
HARDROCK RIDE AND CAMP WEEKEND-suzuki-xl7-4-x-4-001.jpg   HARDROCK RIDE AND CAMP WEEKEND-suzuki-xl7-4-x-4-002.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocker View Post
Hey Toyota Owners,

I would like to join you for your Feb 15th Trail Ride if you don't mind. I have Suzuki XL7 4 x 4. It has a Mild lift kit with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrack tires. This is my DD, with only a 2.7 engine, its great on gas. Don't laugh, this thing came from the factory with 5.13 gears and low range option. It will be fun to see what it can do.

Ron
Sarasota
shit just got real. that thing should crawl right up things. 2.7 motor, 5.13 gears, and 31" tires.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
shit just got real. that thing should crawl right up things. 2.7 motor, 5.13 gears, and 31" tires.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I wasnt joking... granted it doesnt have the ground clearence that we do. He he'll have the gearing we wish we did
Old 01-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
When is this for??
Old 01-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #11

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
When is this for??
2/15 and 2/16

I'm just doing a day trip on the 15th.

GH
Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #12

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocker View Post
Hey Toyota Owners,

Ron
Sarasota
Suzuki has a history of capable off-road vehicles. You should go, it'll be a fun day.

GH
Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #13
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to see exactly where this place is located so I can see
if I can make it a day drive out

anyone have the location, ive checked the site but they don't have the address posted??
Old 01-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #14

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I'm trying to see exactly where this place is located so I can see
if I can make it a day drive out

anyone have the location, ive checked the site but they don't have the address posted??

Basically 75 and NW 77th street in Ocala, exit 358.

It's about 4 and a half hours from Miami.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
beach bum

Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Ok just saw it, too bad for me i won't be able to pull it off.
Have fun guys take pictures
Old 01-12-2014, 05:53 AM   #16
FJpescador will become famous soon enough
Name: Bret
FJpescador's Tacoma Gallery
Now this should be fun!!

1. FJPescador (Bret)camp
4. Rlocker (Ron) camp
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #17

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the physical address if anyone needs it:

Just under a 2 hour drive for me, I'm in Holiday Florida.

6849 NW Gainesville Rd
Ocala, FL 34475
Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #18

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone that's going it's a really good idea to make sure you have tow points front and rear. Familiarize yourself with them, that way if you need a tow we don't hook up to one that's too weak or waste a lot of time finding one that's sufficient. Some vehicle's have factory forged points at the front and a receiver hitch does a great job in the rear.My 4 Runner is equipped with a winch and I have straps and D-rings to attach to the tow points so don't worry too much about the gear to go along with the tow points, just make sure you have them.

CB radios make it a lot more enjoyable. It's fun to talk a little smack and with hill climbs makes it safer to call over the radio for an all clear before the next truck runs up. I have my hard mounted Uniden and I also have a handheld CB that I'll bring. Not a deal breaker if you'll go or not, just makes it more fun.

Other than that just make sure your vehicle is in good order. If you haven't engaged 4 wheel drive in a while make sure you don't have any issues getting it in and in 4 low. I would hate for someone to make a long drive and not have as much fun because of something that might have been a simple fix at home.

Looking forward to a fantastic day of wheeling!

GH
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #19
Austin07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
Austin07's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in for the 15th day trip. Might go to Ocala on the 1st with the 4runner group also.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #20
Austin07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
Austin07's Tacoma Gallery
1. FJPescador (Bret)camp

4. Rlocker (Ron) cam

5.Austin07 Saturday day trip