Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Hard Rock Ocala April 2014, interest gauging thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Hard Rock Ocala April 2014, interest gauging thread

Update: The meet will be on the 26th. This should give everyone time finish up so projects and have their rigs ready to roll.

I just got my front locker installed this past weekend and i'm itching to try it out . This thread is to gauge interest for a Hard Rock meet next month. I'm available the 12th and the 26th, Jimmy Buffet is winning out on the 19th.

The meet is open to anyone who would like to participate. The park has been tackled by Pre-Runners in the past and with any vehicle I would recommend having tow points and recovery gear. I also think having a CB is a great idea, makes it safer on the climbs to know you have an all clear and it's just fun to BS while wheeling.

Camping is available, but I will only be there for a day trip.

Web Site: http://www.hardrockmx.com/

6849 NW Gainesville Rd
Ocala, FL 34475

Price:* $25.00*per day per vehicle

CAMPING FEES
With Electric & Water Hook-ups *
Daily $20
Primitive Camping
Daily $10

Links to previous meets at Hard Rock with pictures and videos below:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...p-weekend.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...et-thread.html

The second link has some pics and video of the Pits, which I don't believe are accessible currently.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
I just got my front locker installed this past weekend and i'm itching to try it out . This thread is to gauge interest for a Hard Rock meet next month. I'm available the 12th and the 26th, Jimmy Buffet is winning out on the 19th.

The meet is open to anyone who would like to participate. The park has been tackled by Pre-Runners in the past and with any vehicle I would recommend having tow points and recovery gear. I also think having a CB is a great idea, makes it safer on the climbs to know you have an all clear and it's just fun to BS while wheeling.

Camping is available, but I will only be there for a day trip.

Web Site: http://www.hardrockmx.com/

6849 NW Gainesville Rd
Ocala, FL 34475

Price:* $25.00*per day per vehicle

CAMPING FEES
With Electric & Water Hook-ups *
Daily $20
Primitive Camping
Daily $10

Links to previous meets at Hard Rock with pictures and videos below:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...p-weekend.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...et-thread.html

The second link has some pics and video of the Pits, which I don't believe are accessible currently.
IF I get my new clutch, I'm down for it. Got a friend that wants to buy one of my handguns. It'll just pay for my new clutch (From Marlin Crawler), but he's gotta come up with the cash. Heck, I'll even say if I get my new clutch ordered I'll go. At least if I kill the old one, I'll have the new one on deck and ready to go in.

That said...I'll probably be inquiring about anyone interested in assisting on the clutch r&r. Kind of a mod day type thing.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
xweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud of

Name: Wes
xweslingx's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the rest of my skids and rear suspension done up soon so I should be good to go.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
if the trip is for the weekend of the 26th ill be interested in attending. I'll be done with school on the 24th.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
well this is depending on 3 things.
1. get my new steering rack installed (coming in the mail tomorrow)
2. modify my skid to fit on my new bumper.
3. Get a CB installed

i would be down for either weekend, work is slow so im only working 5 days now
Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
xweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud ofxweslingx has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
well this is depending on 3 things.

1. get my new steering rack installed (coming in the mail tomorrow)

2. modify my skid to fit on my new bumper.

3. Get a CB installed

i would be down for either weekend, work is slow so im only working 5 days now

If you wanna do a mod day soon I'd be down to help. I gotta swap leafs and do a shackle flip whenever that arrives as well as install and tune a new cb.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #7
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweslingx View Post
If you wanna do a mod day soon I'd be down to help. I gotta swap leafs and do a shackle flip whenever that arrives as well as install and tune a new cb.
Yeah ive got to figure out how to tune a cb also. I dont think I can do a mod day with the way mt work schedule is right now, ive got to do everything on the fly when ever I have some extra time
Old 03-26-2014, 05:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Yeah ive got to figure out how to tune a cb also. I dont think I can do a mod day with the way mt work schedule is right now, ive got to do everything on the fly when ever I have some extra time

I'm gonna get an swr meter and figure it out. It can't be rocket science. I hear ya my schedule is kinda weird lately too. I'm still waiting in a day off to meet with my fab guy about figuring out the rear end on my truck
Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 AM   #9
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hardest part about tuning an antenna is finding a place to do it with no powerlines or trees within 200-300 feet of your truck.

How it's done...

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/tu...-adjusting-swr

Old 03-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #10
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down. Only day I could possibly do it would be the 26th but I would most likely camp if I drive that far. I haven't been to any off road meets yet and just got my lift on sat. Got a couple questions one being would you recommend extended brake lines if I were to hit this up? I looked through some pics and it looks pretty intense in some of them. Also you never see any pics of the people who attend these only the trucks. Does anyone take their girls? Mine would def want to come but the last meet we had in Jacksonville she was the only girl with like 25 dudes so I think she rather stay home if it is like that again lmao.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I can make it if it is on a Sunday. Love hard rock. The pits are the most fun and free
Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #12
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
So far it sounds like the 26th is the preferred date. I'll give it a few more days before we firm it up.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
I can make this if someone doesn't mind a passenger and goomba I just drove by A-pit today and it is fenced off with construction equipment sitting out front
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #14

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
I might be down. Only day I could possibly do it would be the 26th but I would most likely camp if I drive that far. I haven't been to any off road meets yet and just got my lift on sat. Got a couple questions one being would you recommend extended brake lines if I were to hit this up? I looked through some pics and it looks pretty intense in some of them. Also you never see any pics of the people who attend these only the trucks. Does anyone take their girls? Mine would def want to come but the last meet we had in Jacksonville she was the only girl with like 25 dudes so I think she rather stay home if it is like that again lmao.
My wife has gone a few times, but usually it's me and my 2 boys and a buddy from work. Last time at Hard Rock Chris's wife went.

I'll have to defer to the guys that actually have Tacoma's on the brake lines.

GH
Old 03-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #15

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
I can make it if it is on a Sunday. Love hard rock. The pits are the most fun and free
That sucks you can only do Sundays Josh, no chance of getting a Saturday off with enough notice?

GH
Old 03-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
You should do just fine there was only two hills that I couldn't make it up one that goomba was kind enough to pull me up
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #18
dm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the sheddm1215al is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
dm1215al's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there drinking and singing with Jimmy.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #20
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
That sucks you can only do Sundays Josh, no chance of getting a Saturday off with enough notice?

GH
Maybe within the next 2 months but there is no one here to take my spot if I call out. We are short staffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
You should do just fine there was only two hills that I couldn't make it up one that goomba was kind enough to pull me up

Yea. That was easily done. 2wd will get you through most of the stuff. If you have a locker with 2wdyou will get through anything.