Notices

Let's go wheeling.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
mouse007 has a spectacular aura aboutmouse007 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mauricio
mouse007's Tacoma Gallery
Let's go wheeling.

What's up T.W. Florida.

Wanted to make a thread all about wheeling/off-roading here in Florida.
Maybe we can use this to post small weekend trips, this way if anyone is free on a weekend and wants to hit the dirt they can post it here.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Lazzy Springs 18th-20th

I'll put down the 1st post...!!

April 2014 Friday 18th - 20th Sunday. Maybe hit up a new spot called Lazzy Springs (http://www.lazysprings.com/) They aren't officially opened during the day on Friday. They open the gates at 5:00pm and you can camp over night wake up early and wheel till you drop. I just sent them an e-mail to see if they will open on Friday for a few of us to go.

I'm off on Friday the 18th as well as Saturday & Sunday so if any one wants to hit this up P.M. me and will coordinate time and day.

So far its just me (possibly my buddy in his JKU) I also know TAC1 may be down to hit this up.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
that lazy springs place looks pretty sweet. but I think for a bigger turn out it
would have to planned out with more time for a heads up.

we were talking about heading out to the hump again in a few weeks, want to take advantage of the somewhat dry weather.

where is that lazy springs located.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
by the way the ARB bumper looks good on your truck.

you finally decided to just put it on huh. did you have to cut up the
bumper to put it on.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, if it closes at sunset & you are camping does that mean that you can't leave until they open the next morning?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
that lazy springs place looks pretty sweet. but I think for a bigger turn out it
would have to planned out with more time for a heads up.

we were talking about heading out to the hump again in a few weeks, want to take advantage of the somewhat dry weather.

where is that lazy springs located.
Yeah, I feel you. the idea of the thread is mostly just to go out and wheel. Note like a full blown meet & ride.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
by the way the ARB bumper looks good on your truck.

you finally decided to just put it on huh. did you have to cut up the
bumper to put it on.
Yes, a few Sundays back my son woke up at 4:00am so As I was feeding him I started reading the instructions, that obviously turned into "Screw it, am putting this thing on"

I did have to cut the OE bumper cover, about 7" or so, I cut even lower than what ARB suggested just to be on the safe side. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Came out awesome. Still need to wire up the lower fog-lights & blinkers.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Maybe on Saturday the 3rd or Saturday the 10th

This could be, best the 3rd for me. I'll be in Paraguay on the 10th.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #12

Quote:
BTW, if it closes at sunset & you are camping does that mean that you can't leave until they open the next morning?
yes, it would be primitive camping & gates would be closed at sunset. So you couldn't leave till sunrise. In this case, on a Friday you would need to be in by 5:00pm to set up camp.

The guy who I e-mailed said you can bring anything you like with the exception of glass bottles, fire arms (even with a permit) and fireworks.
other tan that he doesn't mind. There is one of the property owners that spends the night incase of an emergency.

You can camp anywhere in the property, so that's cool. they have port potties all over but no showers/bath or wash station.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse007 View Post
Not the best video, but this is cool as hell...!! I would love to see how the Taco does on these stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncIE-BcCebI
My PreRunner can do that. Of course, I would have to start off at about 40 MPH & pop all 4 of my tires but dammit I'll make it up there!

Seriously though, that's a cool vid & that driver has some skills also.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #15

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes, it would be primitive camping & gates would be closed at sunset. So you couldn't leave till sunrise. In this case, on a Friday you would need to be in by 5:00pm to set up camp.

The guy who I e-mailed said you can bring anything you like with the exception of glass bottles, fire arms (even with a permit) and fireworks.
other tan that he doesn't mind. There is one of the property owners that spends the night incase of an emergency.

You can camp anywhere in the property, so that's cool. they have port potties all over but no showers/bath or wash station.
Most of you know how much I wanted to go to Citrus. It was going to be my 2 sons, wife, & myself. Unfortunately, my oldest son & my wife got sick & I didn't want to go with out them (though they insisted I go) so I never went. Citrus sas going to be our first camping trip ever.

That being said, Lazy Springs is primitive camping which I wouldn't take them to anyways since we are all completely inexperienced with this. I do want to go. It'll just be myself going so I can atleast know what to expect when my family goes with me to Citrus next Winter.

Mouse, lets make it the 3rd. I already talked to my service manager & we worker out our schedule. I do work on Friday but I can leave by 2:00pm the latest & drive straight to Lazy springs.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #16

Quote:
My PreRunner can do that. Of course, I would have to start off at about 40 MPH & pop all 4 of my tires but dammit I'll make it up there!

Seriously though, that's a cool vid & that driver has some skills also.
LMAO...!!! Or, I'll pull you from the top.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #17

Quote:

Mouse, lets make it the 3rd. I already talked to my service manager & we worker out our schedule. I do work on Friday but I can leave by 2:00pm the latest & drive straight to Lazy springs.
Ok, like we spoke let me make sure I can lock this date down.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #18

May 2nd - May 3rd

Would the rest of the South Florida guys be willing to hit this up instead of the HUMPS meet that was talked about for the 4th...?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #19

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMAO...!!! Or, I'll pull you from the top.
Haha! I'll get strapped!

BTW, South Florida, Southwest Florida, West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, this area is doable, especially since we'll camp from Friday to Saturday.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #20

Lazzy Springs - Saturday 19th.

What's up T.W. Florida.

So my buddy and I will be heading up to Lazzy Springs this Saturday the 19th. Please send me a P.M. if any of you would like to meet up and ride up/meet at the park.

Here's a link to the place.

http://www.lazysprings.com/hours-location-pricing.html