Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Headlights

Old 06-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
beardrumz is on a distinguished road

beardrumz's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights

Has anyone put in Xenon or HID headlights in their truck? How is that working out? Any warnings?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
beardrumz is on a distinguished road

beardrumz's Tacoma Gallery
yes l did
Old 06-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people do. It's called retrofitting. Search or Google 'The Retrofit Source.'

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...0-hid-faq.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sli...imhid-kit.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...stall-diy.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-hid-kits.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ling-hids.html
Old 06-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post

Slim does not sell retrofits... Those are plug & play. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER Zach!

Also, I edited my first post to make it correct
Old 06-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
I have had hids in mine for years without Retro and have never been flashed or had any issues. The problem is when people don't adjust them accordingly.
I plan on doing the mod eventually, but am gonna put the projectors in just because I think they look cool and they do help with directing the light straighter.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:16 AM   #10

Quote:
I agree, i am just way to cheap to do it.
x213435 that's why I haven't done it yet lol
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #11
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
putting hids in w/out projectors is like doing a block lift.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #12
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
putting hids in w/out projectors is like doing a block lift.
That's funny. I've got almost 6" of lift, actually probably more now with my tires, and still have yet to be flashed for my hids. When done right and aimed properly there is no issue. I love how everyone bashes the concept.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #13
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's funny. I've got almost 6" of lift, actually probably more now with my tires, and still have yet to be flashed for my hids. When done right and aimed properly there is no issue. I love how everyone bashes the concept.
Not really sure what your rant pertains to, I was merely saying it is a half assed job.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Not really sure what your rant pertains to, I was merely saying it is a half assed job.
x2. Why not get projectors and make it that much better?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #16
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
x2. Why not get projectors and make it that much better?
Again, see my previous post based on cost. I have had no issue running without projectors. It is a matter of opinion saying they are that much better or like Benet said a half ass job.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Again, see my previous post based on cost. I have had no issue running without projectors. It is a matter of opinion saying they are that much better or like Benet said a half ass job.
Not half-assed, but incomplete. It's not my opinion that they're better with projectors, but that they're more effective with projectors:

Sure, the headlights still work without projectors, but they work better with them.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Not half-assed, but incomplete. It's not my opinion that they're better with projectors, but that they're more effective with projectors:

Sure, the headlights still work without projectors, but they work better with them.
I definitely agree that they work better. I also really like your counter arguement. That's a great picture showing the comparison.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #19

Quote:
I definitely agree that they work better. I also really like your counter arguement. That's a great picture showing the comparison.