Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Moving to FL, looking for some advice

Old 06-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #21
Flowin is on a distinguished road
Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I would stay away from Westly Chapel the last time I was there it was one major traffic jam. they built a crap ton of housing out there and are way behind on expanding the roads. Brandon is getting Big now but definitely has the infrastructure in place to support its growth. It still gets jammed up but once you get to know the back roads its no big deal. Town & Country has great access to the Airport. I'm living there right now. The area I'm in is a bit older but but if you go a little bit further north there are some nice newer neighbor hoods in West Chase but they are pretty expensive.
I usually fly out late Sunday night and return Thursday night, so traffic shouldn't be an issue. We will put our townhouse on the market this month, I expect it to sell for 220-240k right now, so basically that would be our budget for a 3/2/2 home...
Old 06-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #22
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Open up Google maps.
Find the Tampa area.
Find 589 (Veterans expressway)
Go North until you reach 54 (Odessa)
TON of new developments on 54 between 589 and 75 (to the East) in your price range.
Anything in this strip will be <45min drive to the airport in a newer/brand new community
Old 06-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #23
Kanyon71 is on a distinguished road
Kanyon71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmadcowx View Post
Open up Google maps.
Find the Tampa area.
Find 589 (Veterans expressway)
Go North until you reach 54 (Odessa)
TON of new developments on 54 between 589 and 75 (to the East) in your price range.
Anything in this strip will be <45min drive to the airport in a newer/brand new community
I live in the Lutz/Land O Lakes area my wife working in NPR and I used to travel every week for work. As xmadcowx said it's just a jump on Suncoast/Veterans and a straight shot out to the airport. Nice area out around here lot's of newer developments and a lot more shopping and eating opening up all the time. We are finally even getting a new Lowes so I don't have to drive to New Tampa
Old 06-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
Flowin is on a distinguished road
Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
Good info here thanks guys, I will plan a few trips over the weekend for me and the wife in the upcoming month to explore the area(s) and find a good realtor. Moving will be the easiest part of it all...lol