Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Pensacola Area Meet and Eat/Event Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #61
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
what's the pass you're talking about? is it the permit from Jackson Guard just to get on Eglin? or is it a pass specifically for the clean up?
There is a 10 dollar rec pass that lets you hike, horseback ride, dirt bike, and 4x4 out there. There is another pass for camping that reserves a specific site for your use. other passes for hunting, fishing, etc can be obtained thru Jackson Guard.
If you have a regular rec pass you'll be more than all set for the clean up-There was a special access memo routed- but it's not a HUGE deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
We have exchanged emails and info already. I met them in person today to see their shop. They gave me a fair price to install my 6" lift, new wheels, and tires. Not a fancy show place shop with no oil on the floor but a place where they look like they actually work in it.

Thanks, I am just looking for some feedback. I have not had to good of luck here locally with 4x4 install shops. One shop killed the lift on my Jeep, and it was a brand new install.
Sorry man- I havn't worked with them. I've heard good things...but it's all second and third hand. Seems like you dig the shop- I know it's a lot of dough to just give it a whirl...but I've found that if you get a good vibe it's a good thing.

So Pro60, MacTaco, and Boomer34 all showed up for Pensacola meet and eat- It was fun. Clean up is Saturday. Info is already posted...I'll throw a reminder up tmrw!!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #62
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
There is a 10 dollar rec pass that lets you hike, horseback ride, dirt bike, and 4x4 out there. There is another pass for camping that reserves a specific site for your use. other passes for hunting, fishing, etc can be obtained thru Jackson Guard.
If you have a regular rec pass you'll be more than all set for the clean up-There was a special access memo routed- but it's not a HUGE deal.
thanks man. i just renewed mine last month so i'll be good then. hopefully i'll see you guys out there.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #64
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Tmrw is the Eglin Earth Day Clean Up Run:

Time: 7-7:30AM (Meet Up) and you can bounce whenever you'd like!!

Place: East side of Hwy 87 at Road 213-North of Choctaw Field Rd.

What to bring: Lunch/Snacks, Water, Work Gloves, Sunscreen. Work boots and long pants are prolly a good idea. If you have an Eglin Recreation Pass you might want to bring that too.

What is going on: We are cleaning up trails and the area around the trails at Eglin. This is some nice wheeling/trail riding area- and we want them to keep it open to us- so we are doing our part. It's going to be 25+ rigs. We'll probably get some wheeling in too.

PM me if you want my cell number or extra information.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #65
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Man if you guys were doing something alittle closer to Jax i would have tried to make it. Maybe we can do something in the middle sometime.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #66
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Man if you guys were doing something alittle closer to Jax i would have tried to make it. Maybe we can do something in the middle sometime.
Yeah man...I'm sure we'll be able to find something. It'd be great to do a north fl or a tri-states (GA, AL, FL) meet or something...
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #67
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
well i really wanted to do this, but my wife has some March of Dimes event tomorrow that i am volunteering for so i cant make it out. Sucks though, i was looking forward to trying to help better our relationship with eglin so maybe they would let us do some trail rides in some of the "off limit" areas in the future. I really need to check this board more often and get off of ttora....
Old 04-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #68
Jvogler6 is on a distinguished road
Jvogler6's Tacoma Gallery
dang, missed the meeting last night! Don't have time this weekend, but keep em going, I'll def. make at least one to see the rides.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #69
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Stikki-No worries-March of Dimes is a great cause too!!
We had about 35 people/about 24 or so rigs out there of mixed types (Jeeps, FJs, Tacomas, A Dodge 1500, and a Suzuki Sidekick). We picked up somewhere in the neighborhood of 80cu yds of trash, tires, scrap metal, and hazardous materials. It was a great day- and will most likely happen again next year at this time.

J- Meets will happen at random intervals in the future...Anyone who wants to can post up a location/idea/date time.

I'm working on getting photos up from the Eglin Clean up. Mucho props to Dusther from FJCruiserForums for his work setting all this up. (I was just the messenger to TW for this one)
Old 04-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #70
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
sounds like you guys had a good time. i couldn't make it as i was up all night with my buddy while he changed out the brakes on his JK. i'll be there next time though.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #72
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah I had a great time, once I got past that first pinstripe I stopped thinkin about them! Ill post up some of the few pics I took when I find this damn cord! Ill definitely be going out there again!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #73
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
PS- The plan was to go out again tmrw (from the original posts)---but that is NOT happening now. The weather is going to be less than ideal and there is already so much trash at the collection site that the solid waste management guy was worried about how to get more dumpsters....

I'm not sure what the next P-Cola event will be. A wheeling run might happen down the road-I want to install my lift first tho... Try to do another meet and eat somewhere in a few weeks.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #74
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
excellent job guys!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #76
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down with Ale house.

Thursday night will work for me as well.

Anyone else?