Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Pensacola Area Meet and Eat/Event Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Pensacola Area Meet and Eat/Event Thread

The Idea:
~Get together, look at each others trucks, get some grub or a drink, socialize, and then go on your merry way.
~Chance to see some other rigs and get some ideas. It'll encourage the Taco Wave on the roads too.

I propose Hooter on Bayou (near Cordova Mall) on Thurs the 16th...We can meet up around 6 (not to early for the work crowd or late to eat dinner) and chill for an hour or so. I'm bringing my camera and hoping for a nice group Taco shot

I'm going to be trying to set some more stuff like this up- Ollies in Milton one Thurs night, Somewhere down on the beach, a photo op afternoon/night on a weekend, a wheeling trip at some point, and if I get REAL crazy a tech day.

Hit up this thread if you want it. I want to get a general count so I know if I need to call ahead or not.

Let's get the panhandle party started!!

IN:
Brunes (Mrs Brunes and Lil Brunes are a maybe)
Pro60
MacTaco- Not just yes...but Hell yes.

MAYBE (Don't be a maybe...):
Old 04-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
depending when i was planning on making a weekend camping trip there anyways
Old 04-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Morning bump for Pensacola Folks!!

ADDITION: Eglin Reservation Earth Day Clean up trip- Check out the thread here:http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-clean-up.html

If you are interested in getting out, seeing some mild trail riding, and doing something for the environment- Let me know and I can get you the info for your pass and what not.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I may be in on the 16th then. Let me check with my woman. Where are some good places to camp?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #7

home made tent in bed of my truck lol. I'll be towing a small sailboat if i can make it so no camper.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hells yes I'm in. Haha
Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Well...Jackson guard sell passes for 10 bucks-Covers you up to 5 days of "primative" camping on Eglin...No showers or anything like that.
If you want to wheel- it's worth checking out http://www.eglin.af.mil/library/fact...et.asp?id=6458
and getting info thru them...They "own" most of the nature in the area- and I'm sure you hook you up with some ideas.
Blackwater river state park is in the area-Lil to the north of Eglin and has some decent camping if I remember.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/CampCabinLodge.cfm for more on state parks (there are a few around here)

If you want a place like a KOA or what ever I can keep looking...I know there are places like that. LOTS of RV parks around here.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #10

thanks for the info brunes, I'll let you know. If i come i'll probably have my roommates with me. if they don't wanna come, i probably won't come cause i don't wanna camp by myself. Ill keep you informed though.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #12

woo....thats going to be a 3.5 hour drive. yuck.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #13

That Thursday will be a no go for me. Double checked my exam schedule and I've got 3 that day. I can do that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday though. What's the pass onto eglin for?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Name: Scott
sbeau1960's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sbeau1960
I'd love to drive down to Pensacola on my next business trip there and join up with one of your get togethers. I make it down that way about 5 or 6 times a year, usually fly but a road trip would be fun.

If we make it an evening event and anyone gets too drunk I can provide cab service.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
I'd love to drive down to Pensacola on my next business trip there and join up with one of your get togethers. I make it down that way about 5 or 6 times a year, usually fly but a road trip would be fun.

If we make it an evening event and anyone gets too drunk I can provide cab service.
Nice-A Tacoma Ambassador!! Keep an eye on the thread-I'll be keeping this going best I can!!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Nice-A Tacoma Ambassador!! Keep an eye on the thread-I'll be keeping this going best I can!!
Hey, just remember to always use Yellow Cab of Pensacola when you're partying in Pensacola, Ft. Walton Yellow Cab and Tucker Black and White Taxi in Ft. Walton Beach, Destin and San Destin. Also Blue Angel Wheelchair Accessible taxis if you or anyone you know needs paratransit transportation.

(shameless self promotion)
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
NO SHIT!!! I have used Yellow Cab-
Yep, bought Pensacola back in 2003, expanded east into the party towns a couple years later. Honestly we run almost as many cabs down in the Panhandle as we do here in Indianapolis, which is the 13th largest city in the country with over 1.5M in the metro area.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Only an hour from you guys in Mobile, so HELL yes. I'd be willing to make the drive. PM me any info.