1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pensacola Area Meet and Eat/Event Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Brunes, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The Idea:
    ~Get together, look at each others trucks, get some grub or a drink, socialize, and then go on your merry way.
    ~Chance to see some other rigs and get some ideas. It'll encourage the Taco Wave on the roads too.

I propose Hooter on Bayou (near Cordova Mall) on Thurs the 16th...We can meet up around 6 (not to early for the work crowd or late to eat dinner) and chill for an hour or so. I'm bringing my camera and hoping for a nice group Taco shot

I'm going to be trying to set some more stuff like this up- Ollies in Milton one Thurs night, Somewhere down on the beach, a photo op afternoon/night on a weekend, a wheeling trip at some point, and if I get REAL crazy a tech day.

Hit up this thread if you want it. I want to get a general count so I know if I need to call ahead or not.

Let's get the panhandle party started!!:cool:

IN:
    Brunes (Mrs Brunes and Lil Brunes are a maybe)
    Pro60
    MacTaco- Not just yes...but Hell yes.

MAYBE (Don't be a maybe...):

2. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    3" Skyjacker suspension lift, MO951b 18x9, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Total Chaos UCAs, TRD Seat covers, Weathertech floormats, UWS LP toolbox, mudflap delete, seatbelt chime off, foglight mod, K&N Drop in filter,double limo tint, hose clamp mod, blacked out badges, rear diff breather mod
    I'm definitely in!

3. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    depending when i was planning on making a weekend camping trip there anyways

4. Apr 9, 2009 at 2:34 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  5. Apr 9, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    I may be in on the 16th then. Let me check with my woman. Where are some good places to camp?

6. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    What kind of camping?? RV, tent??

7. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    home made tent in bed of my truck lol. I'll be towing a small sailboat if i can make it so no camper.

8. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Indigo, Lifted, Flowmaster
    Skyjacker 3" Lift, 285/75/R16 Toyo M/T tires/ Eagle Alloy Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Pioneer Din Head Unit, Viper Alarm/Remote Start System, Debadged, DT Headers, True Flow Intake
    Hells yes I'm in. Haha

9. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Well...Jackson guard sell passes for 10 bucks-Covers you up to 5 days of "primative" camping on Eglin...No showers or anything like that.
    If you want to wheel- it's worth checking out http://www.eglin.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=6458
    and getting info thru them...They "own" most of the nature in the area- and I'm sure you hook you up with some ideas.
    Blackwater river state park is in the area-Lil to the north of Eglin and has some decent camping if I remember.
    http://www.floridastateparks.org/CampCabinLodge.cfm for more on state parks (there are a few around here)

If you want a place like a KOA or what ever I can keep looking...I know there are places like that. LOTS of RV parks around here.

10. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the info brunes, I'll let you know. If i come i'll probably have my roommates with me. if they don't wanna come, i probably won't come cause i don't wanna camp by myself. Ill keep you informed though.

11. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...You are welcome to join us- We'll have to get you a pass to get onto the base...but other than that...nothing to worry about.

Any other takers for the meet and eat or the clean up run???

12. Apr 9, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    woo....thats going to be a 3.5 hour drive. yuck.

13. Apr 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    That Thursday will be a no go for me. Double checked my exam schedule and I've got 3 that day. I can do that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday though. What's the pass onto eglin for?

14. Apr 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    If you want to go wheeling at all or camp there you need a 10buck "rec pass" to be allowed on base.
    I know that weekend is the group I wheel around here with is cleaning up the trails...but I would be surprised if we don't wheel a bit too!!

15. Apr 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    sbeau1960

sbeau1960 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    I'd love to drive down to Pensacola on my next business trip there and join up with one of your get togethers. I make it down that way about 5 or 6 times a year, usually fly but a road trip would be fun.

If we make it an evening event and anyone gets too drunk I can provide cab service. :)

16. Apr 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Nice-A Tacoma Ambassador!! Keep an eye on the thread-I'll be keeping this going best I can!!

17. Apr 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    sbeau1960

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    Hey, just remember to always use Yellow Cab of Pensacola when you're partying in Pensacola, Ft. Walton Yellow Cab and Tucker Black and White Taxi in Ft. Walton Beach, Destin and San Destin. Also Blue Angel Wheelchair Accessible taxis if you or anyone you know needs paratransit transportation.

:D(shameless self promotion):cool:

18. Apr 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    NO SHIT!!! I have used Yellow Cab-

19. Apr 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    sbeau1960

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    Yep, bought Pensacola back in 2003, expanded east into the party towns a couple years later. Honestly we run almost as many cabs down in the Panhandle as we do here in Indianapolis, which is the 13th largest city in the country with over 1.5M in the metro area.

20. Apr 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Only an hour from you guys in Mobile, so HELL yes. I'd be willing to make the drive. PM me any info.

Products Discussed in

To Top