Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Offroading at Picayune Strand State Forest Sunday 7/27

Old 07-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
bigaltech is on a distinguished road
bigaltech's Tacoma Gallery
Offroading at Picayune Strand State Forest Sunday 7/27

I think this is my first post, but I've been browsing for quite some time..

I used to have an FJ then I bought a '14 taco.

A bunch of us from the FJ forum are getting together and meeting at Picayune strand state park this upcoming Sunday if anyone wants to join. We're pretty much just a good group and exploring to find new trails.
Although mostly FJ's, I'll have my tacoma and sometimes we get a few other types of 4x4s, so anyone is welcome.

Meeting time is 8am near the picayune entrance if anyone's interested let me know.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
bigaltech is on a distinguished road
bigaltech's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! From the organizer of the group he said
"most of the trail are going to be dirt roads. there is a few places will play around. but nothing crazy."

I would think you'd be ok and most of us have recovery/snatch straps and quality shackles to pull you out should you have the need !
Old 07-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
20vmki is on a distinguished road

20vmki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
where is that and is it 2wd friendly?
Appears to be South Florida

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=picay...=m&z=8&iwloc=A
Old 07-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20vmki View Post
ah ok yeah thats kinda far....gonna wait to see what tims got over in colts creek but itching to go over to richloam
Old 07-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #7
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
ah ok yeah thats kinda far....gonna wait to see what tims got over in colts creek but itching to go over to richloam
Stay away from trying to off road at a State Park (Colt Creek). DEP doesn't like it.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
Stay away from trying to off road at a State Park (Colt Creek). DEP doesn't like it.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
HHHHMMMMMMMM

I "may" be able to make this. I would have to leave my house at 6:00am to be there by 8:00am. Sunday is my only day off so let me see what I do.

I'm 2WD (MLSD) also. I have Tow Straps, TRD Hook, Tow hitch D-ring.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #11
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks k9cop! Yours looks very good also.
👍
Old 07-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #12
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck look like garbage TAC...you should stop using other peoples credit cards to buy stuff off off Amazon...

Wish I could make it, but I have father in law duties this weekend...soon to be wife is having her bridal shower and I have to keep him busy...
Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #13

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Your truck look like garbage TAC...you should stop using other peoples credit cards to buy stuff off off Amazon...

Wish I could make it, but I have father in law duties this weekend...soon to be wife is having her bridal shower and I have to keep him busy...
Oh my God!!!!!!
��������������

I'll NEVER forget that prank you played on me, which my poor wife ended up getting pranked!!!!! HAHAHA!

Good luck tomorrow!

BTW,
I won't be able to go either. Too much going on tonight & I'll be beat tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #14
Nived9559 is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Nived9559's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going with devil1, we might be bringing
2 more with us.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #15
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
HHHHMMMMMMMM

I "may" be able to make this. I would have to leave my house at 6:00am to be there by 8:00am. Sunday is my only day off so let me see what I do.

I'm 2WD (MLSD) also. I have Tow Straps, TRD Hook, Tow hitch D-ring.

Sharp lookin Tac1,clean clean!!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting for pic's to get posted from today. :-)
Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #17

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhorse View Post
Sharp lookin Tac1,clean clean!!
Thank you sir! Your truck looks clean also. Very sharp! Love the wheels on their also. They really compliment your truck.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 AM   #18
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Thx Tac1
Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #19
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery