1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 Citrus trail and camp meet

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RoughNeck, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Which month should we meet?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2014.
  1. Other

4.0%
  2. Jauary 2015

68.0%
  3. Febuary 2015

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. March 2015

28.0%
  1. Sep 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    You gonna make it to this one (whenever the date is formalized :p)?

2. Sep 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    ANGELO

ANGELO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    BRADENTON FL
    Vehicle:
    1995 ford bronco
    k$n cold air intake, 33" goodyear duratracs, pacesetter shortys, bassani y pipe, flowmaster 44, custom duals, front recovery points
    Yeah. I should have a solid axle by then too.

3. Sep 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Awesome! Any other upgrades (sliders, armor, 40s, etc...)? :D

4. Sep 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    ANGELO

ANGELO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    BRADENTON FL
    Vehicle:
    1995 ford bronco
    k$n cold air intake, 33" goodyear duratracs, pacesetter shortys, bassani y pipe, flowmaster 44, custom duals, front recovery points
    A cheap brush guard and fog lights. I got a really good deal the the axle and installation, if it wasn't so cheap I would have kept the ttb and got something else.

5. Sep 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    Austin07

Austin07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Lake County Florida
    Vehicle:
    Stock 2011 Tacoma 4x4 TRD off road

Haha! I'm a pussy when it comes to cold.

6. Sep 21, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    tacomacrazy

tacomacrazy ExPo Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Coral Gables, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad
    HIDs 10k & 3k, AFE Intake, LEDs Red Map & dome, Pioneer 4300 Walker Evan 2.5 coilover 2.0 rear with all pro expo leaf pack. SnugTop Campershell Famous Fab rear bumper/ tire carrier. Dual Battery System Upgrade 250a Alternator
    Hey gents just wondering how "cold" it gets during jan here I moved to Florida couple months ago and have been on one wheel trip with the south Florida guys. And I'm really interested in the wheeling camping trip in jan.

In Cali we did a big bear trip in jan got down to 5 degrees kept the fire going and a good tent and bag. We're all cool?

7. Sep 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    Austin07

Austin07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Lake County Florida
    Vehicle:
    Stock 2011 Tacoma 4x4 TRD off road

40's at night. You will be fine. We just aren't used to the cold down here in Americas wang.

8. Sep 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    Holy hell 5 degrees and everyone is bitching about mid 30s being too cold to camp. Haha
    You will be fine here.

9. Sep 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    tacomacrazy

tacomacrazy ExPo Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Coral Gables, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad
    HIDs 10k & 3k, AFE Intake, LEDs Red Map & dome, Pioneer 4300 Walker Evan 2.5 coilover 2.0 rear with all pro expo leaf pack. SnugTop Campershell Famous Fab rear bumper/ tire carrier. Dual Battery System Upgrade 250a Alternator
    okay thats what i was thinking but i did not know how cold it got down here. so i apologize if I'm in shorts and a t at night ha. I'm excited let me know if you guys are making a list for supplies or if its BYOG type deal. Also have to find out if any of the south florida guys are going to this.:D:D:D:D:D

our trip this past june to yellowstone 20 degrees high of 40 during the day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  10. Sep 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha, give it a year or two and you'll be right there with the rest of us with coats and thermal underwear getting intimately close to the camp fire. :D

Mind you, I do seem to be the aberration, thinking that anything between freezing to 45* is perfect for camping, but I still dress for it with warm clothes.

Last year, a lot of South Florida guys attended. Haven't heard much from them as yet though.

As far as planning, it's really BYOG, unless David is coming and offers to cook for the group one night again, then we usually chip in to cover the cost of his supplies. Someone usually steps up to be our rep to the camp ground, making the reservations and paying, so we pay that person once we get there. Of course, it can sometimes be a nail-biter waiting for someone to step up because that person is liable for any damage the group causes to the facilities.

At any rate, yup, I'm eagerly awaiting the list to start as well. :D

11. Sep 22, 2014 at 3:26 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Hopefully we get better at helping with the cost for David. He went home with a loss last time. Not sure if not everyone paid or what but to buy that much steak, we need to take care of him.

12. Sep 22, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I hadn't heard that. :( Definitely need to take care of him if he offers again. I know I brought him a 16.6lb bag of Kingsford and paid what I was asked to though (I forget how much--$20, I think). Well worth it. It was excellent steak.

13. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    tacomacrazy

tacomacrazy ExPo Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Coral Gables, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad

very true! Ill become a native... I still have to work on my tan:ohsnap:

il be staying in touch with the thread.. from my understanding you guys are planning on the end of the month type deal?

14. Sep 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    TacoHell

TacoHell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colson
    Central FL (Orlando)
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 2.7L
    Headers, K&N intake, Lifted, 4.56 gears via ECGS. Locked in front, LSD in the rear
    I'm down for an early January meet again, can't do much after school comes back around it gets busy quick. The colder it is the better for me. I don't mind anything around freezing temps. Makes for no sweating or bugs and another reason for a big fire!

15. Sep 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    Jon4x4

Jon4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deltona, Fl
    Vehicle:
    1996 T4R
    3” kit 305’s
    So did we finally get a date or what

16. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    sometime in Oct and last weekend of Jan I thought was the drift I got.

:confused::confused::notsure:

17. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha, wow, we couldn't be more on the same page. :D Now if Eric the Red chimes in in agreement as well, I'd have to say I'm sensing a trend...Must be a '98 1st gen owner thing! ;)

18. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    we have 10 pages of BS here and nothing accomplished lmao
    :smash:

19. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Welcome to TW. :D

The way I see it, this is because nobody wants to make the official call (and accept the responsibility ;)) and frankly, there's a pretty wide range of opinions on the date. Myself, Greg (K9), and TacoHell would all like an early meet. A couple of the others want a late January meet, and still others want to have it in February.

And there hasn't been so much as a peep about the October meet planning-wise.

20. Sep 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4

I'll continue

:smash::mudding:

Products Discussed in

To Top