Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Florida West-Panhandle Mods, meet, and wheel thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Florida West-Panhandle Mods, meet, and wheel thread

The dates have been narrowed down to 2. Please vote on what date you would PREFER. I know some may not be able to attend because of last minute scheduling conflics, but this is just to get a feel for what you would LIKE to have the date be.

Since a couple have people have offered support for me to do this, I will open up this thread for it's first discussion.

When I was in Alabama we had a Burgers and Mods thread and we initially would get together around twice a year at a member's home and work together to perform basic "driveway mods" that were not overly time consuming. Then we would toss back a few burgers, BS for a while, then go wheeling! So I would love to start something like that out down here.

This initial post will have a few different dates on the calendar, and I would like those who are interested to post a reply with what dates of these they can, AND can't attend. This way it will be easier to determine a specific date. The first get together I will offer up to have at my place in Navarre. Being located next to Eglin AFB, there are several good wheeling locations nearby for afterward.

I will say this: While I support each and their own the freedom to toss a few beers back, there will be NO alcohol consumed BEFORE we ride. I am not interested in dealing with drunk or "buzzed" people trying to get out and wheel. After we wheel you can feel free to come back and we can toss a few beers back, play some pool, and have a fun time.
So we have selected the 10th as an official date for the meet.

Saturday, January 10th, 2015

I will do what I can to provide chips, soda, dip, etc. May even have hotdogs. If you all like the idea, I can ask for a $5 per person donation, and I will use the funds to get all of this, and some other foods. (Burgers and hot dogs are always popular)

So let me know what you all think!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #4
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
My schedule is very wacky with school. So I probably won't know until the week of. I'm down to join in on the fun though.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
It's pronounced alpha
Alfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: Chris
Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know, I can work with any of those dates. Just gotta check how my work schedule is and if any of those days fall on a swing shift. Other than that sounds good to me for whatever date.

EDIT:

majority of my "no" dates are on weekends, so Ill have to play it by ear if Ill get that day off or not

Saturday, January 10th, 2015 yes
Sunday, January 11th, 2015 yes
Saturday, January 17th, 2015 yes
Sunday, January 18th, 2015 no
Saturday, January 24th, 2015 no
Sunday, January 25th, 2015 no
Saturday, January 31th, 2015 no
Sunday, February 1st, 2015 no
Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as SpeedoJosh. Won't know until week of. But I look forward to being able to go.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It would be difficult to schedule with less than a weeks notice, but we can try to figure out something I guess.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
It's pronounced alpha
Alfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...I see how it can be a bit difficult trying to figure where/when/how all that nonsense lol. working ATC though...I work 4 on 2 off, so my weekends are all over the place BUT as I said, depending what day we decide usually for the weekends my crew splits the weekends up, so I can choose to not work whatever day if that happens to fall on the day we plan the meetup at
Old 12-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #9
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

For me, you guys can go ahead and plan the day, and I'll do my best to make it. As long as there isn't a test for my classes that following Monday, then I'll be there, but I won't know until the week prior usually.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #10
Bosshoag is on a distinguished road

Name: Mr. Doogan
Bosshoag's Tacoma Gallery
I have to check with the significant other before I can make any decisions in life. I work every Sunday though so those will always be No's for me. I'll get back to yall about what Saturday's I have free. 10-4 on the negative regarding prewheeling cold beers. This is pretty awesome and I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
ASE Master Tech

Hey, no worries. I love doing things like this, and it is a great way for people to meet and learn. I also have a big MIG welder, so if you have something simple like sliders, we can install them in about 45 minutes! We will keep looking at things over the next few days and see what it looks like, then I will set up a date and we can plan from there. The nearby wheeling areas are on base property, so everyone will need to get a permit if you don't already have one.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #12

What's the process of getting the permits? Are they needed by people who have a military ID?
Old 12-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
It's pronounced alpha

Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
if you are military, it $4 for the pass (I think) and you have to watch a 10min (or so) video on UXOs (un-exploded ordinance for you civi peeps )

for non military...I think its $20...I dont remember, but its a years long pass and you get a nice map of the ranges

but no...its not military only, its open to both civilian and military

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Hey, no worries. I love doing things like this, and it is a great way for people to meet and learn. I also have a big MIG welder, so if you have something simple like sliders, we can install them in about 45 minutes! We will keep looking at things over the next few days and see what it looks like, then I will set up a date and we can plan from there. The nearby wheeling areas are on base property, so everyone will need to get a permit if you don't already have one.
NICE, now I can spend money and get some SOS weld on sliders :P haha.....maybe you can teach me how to weld also lol, id like to pick up and learn how to weld and stuff
Old 12-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #14
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfuh View Post
if you are military, it $4 for the pass (I think) and you have to watch a 10min (or so) video on UXOs (un-exploded ordinance for you civi peeps )

for non military...I think its $20...I dont remember, but its a years long pass and you get a nice map of the ranges

but no...its not military only, its open to both civilian and military

NICE, now I can spend money and get some SOS weld on sliders :P haha.....maybe you can teach me how to weld also lol, id like to pick up and learn how to weld and stuff
Thanks for the information on the permits.

Go ahead and get the sliders. We can install them, and I will give you some basic guidelines on welding.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #15
It's pronounced alpha

Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Thanks for the information on the permits.

Go ahead and get the sliders. We can install them, and I will give you some basic guidelines on welding.
sweeeet, yeah it wont be anytime soon though...but it's nice to know someone around this area will be able to help welding on sliders. the weld on type are a lot cheaper than the boltons are, I look forward to doin it in the future though!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #16
mromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to beholdmromeo is a splendid one to behold

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfuh View Post
sweeeet, yeah it wont be anytime soon though...but it's nice to know someone around this area will be able to help welding on sliders. the weld on type are a lot cheaper than the boltons are, I look forward to doin it in the future though!
my weld on's are still sitting in my garage haha super depressing
Old 12-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I think when I got my permit last year it was $15 and the 10 min video
Old 12-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #19

So you just go to an office and snag it, or is it an online thing?