1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reputable shop in S Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ljs, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Mar 10, 2015 at 1:05 PM
    ljs

ljs [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '96 2.7L 4X4
    Guys/gals, I live in south Dade county.

My 96 Tacoma 4x4 has started running on 3 cylinders. Replaced plugs, ignition wires, no difference.

I have not ruled out the distributor or the injector, but I am suspecting it is a head gasket issue. I thought I caught it overheating before it was too late, replaced thermostat, flushed coolant, and it ran fine for weeks/months until one day it started overheating again. When I checked it out, a LOT of coolant was gone with no visible signs of a leak underneath. However there is no telltale white smoke from exhaust, so maybe a very small gradual leak.

Topped it back off, took almost an entire bottle of 50/50, and it ran fine for some weeks/months more until out of the blue it dropped to three cylinders while on the freeway cruising.

I dont have the time to get any more involved with the truck myself.

Can anyone refer me to a reputable shop local to me (within limping distance) to get this checked out and fixed?

2. Apr 29, 2015 at 8:49 PM
    TacomaKeys

TacomaKeys Member

Member:
    Key Largo, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 dbl. Cab 3.4l
    Any luck on a reputable shop in south Florida? I'm looking for a real good transmission shop, I've read good reviews but no word of mouth. Asked some guys that go out to homestead motor speedway for the fast friday drag racing, and they said, "I'm actually looking for somewhere to lower my truck." Ha lemme know if you come across somthing good luck with your truck. Also any good scrap yards for yota parts the ones by me never have much

Products Discussed in

To Top