Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Places to Wheel in Jacksonville Florida

Old 06-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Places to Wheel in Jacksonville Florida

These are places that I know of in Jacksonville Florida that are legal to off road at. If you know of anymore please feel free to add. Obviously there are a lot more place that you can go these are just places that Iíve personally been to and I know are legal.

Jennings State Forest

From what Iíve seen of it itís mostly dirt roads and trails through the woods. There is a power line road that goes through it. You donít need a pass or anything to get in you just drive in. There are two sides that are not connected by trails that you can drive on so you have to take two different entrances to access the whole thing.

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/jennings.html

Matanzas State Forest

It was once a tree farm. It has some dirt roads and trails through the woods. It has few open areas. You need to call the number on the website and get the code and a number as a pass. Youíll need this code to get in the gate at the beginning and you need to keep the pass on you when you go there. It the code and pass are free.

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/matanzas.html

Huguenot Memorial Park

Itís not really an off roading adventure but you can drive on the beach. You can drive around the beach and the bay side. Itís a loop so you can keep driving around without having to go back and forth. It cost a few bucks per a vehicle entry fee.
http://www.coj.net/Departments/Recreation+and+Community+Services/Waterfront+Management+and+Programming/Preservation+Project/Huguenot+Memorial+Park.htm

Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Cary State Forest:

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/cary.html

Pretty fun place. Just like any other state park. Mostly dirt service roads with some rain it would be rather fun. One small water crossing. That was about it. only $2 for the pass so its not too bad.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread, hopefully people add more as they see!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #8
tacomaoffroad is on a distinguished road
tacomaoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
wooo, its been a while since ive posted here. been way too busy with my boat. the dunes off southside are fun, but 4wd is a must, unless u airdown quite a bit
Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
tacomaoffroad is on a distinguished road
tacomaoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
are those the ones off merill road?
yeah, and theres also another section that i see dirt bikes and jeeps ridin on thats right around that new walmart thats on monument.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
My mom just let me know about this. We temporarily can't drive on Huguenot beach.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...9HFzZSCFQ.cspx

I was just out at Hugenot this past weekend. You can still drive around the beach area they just have a section (all the way to the left as you enter the beach area from the "cove") that is closed off.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 AM   #14
DadsToy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E-8 Retired
Name: David
DadsToy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget Osceola Forest. Miles of trails and fun.

I go there several times a year. Not now....... DEEP!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
DadsToy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E-8 Retired
Name: David
DadsToy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if things settle down some here and the rains stop, we could do an exploritory trip to the North or South side. They both have there goods and bads. The North is a no-go during hunting season..........
Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #17
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Yea... offroading + Hunting = Holy Trucks and I don't mean the kind the priests drive