Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

New Lift Kit

Old 07-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
New Lift Kit

Hey guys, I just bought this lift kit by Pro Comp...

Lift

I was wondering if any of the local Jax guys know the difficulty of installing this. My dad owns a car lift but it's not installed yet, so I am hoping to not have to pay too much for the installation. Maybe there's a good local shop that's cheap?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thats a pretty sweet deal. i might have to look into getting that one also. Any luck with the install?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Man that is a good price
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
and no it shouldnt be hard to install. You just need a spring compressor.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I'm waiting for Arlington Toyota to get the leaf springs in so they can do the TSB. American Bedliner said they'll install the lift for $200 since I ended up cancelling my order and getting it for the same price from them. 4 Wheel Parts wanted to charge $400

I'm pulling a car back home from Iowa next week so I'm hoping to have it done by then. Oh, and the guy said he could custom fab me some rock sliders with rhino liner and welded on for under $500. Seems like a good price to me!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #6

Navy:
If you want me i could probably help you do the lift and save you the $200. The front isnt that bad and the back is just an add a leaf.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

I'd definitely rather do it myself, though I probably lack most of the tools required to do it, as well as knowledge (I am no mechanic!). The fronts are Pro Comp ES6000 with springs (the springs would need a spring compressor) and for the back I have Skyjacker 8000 shocks as well as an AAL. I bought the kit before I was approved for the TSB, so the leafs I have will either need to be shortened or I'll have to buy the Toytec post-TSB AAL pack.

These factors are what made me decide to have the shop do it, but if you're still interested I'm up for it.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #8

Navy:
The front is pretty easy to do. heres the how to:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-removal.html

and this is for the rear: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...af-w-pics.html

I have no problem helping you out man. Its up to you.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Well I decided to skip the TSB and just do the lift like I had planned. Since the car I'm pulling from Iowa is my dad's, they offered to pay for the shop to install the lift tomorrow morning at 9 AM. Can't beat that

The whole family is going, so my mom and sister are both chewing me out for getting rid of the running boards Oh, and no food or drinks in truck on this trip unless it's water!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #10

Navy:
haha thats awesome.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
I just called and it's on sale for 377.68 until tomorow at 12 noon.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
It is not hard just alot of nutz and bolts. Takes some time if you never have installed a lift. But you have truck lift will make it very easy.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I just called and it's on sale for 377.68 until tomorow at 12 noon.
The Pro Comp lift? If you are buying it from Truck Add-ons, be aware that Pro Comp told them my lift would not ship until at least the 27th due to backordered parts.

And thanks about the rhino liner. I'll probably just use rattle can then!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
I can wait if I get it for $377 right
Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Yeah, especially since it is NOT a spacer kit at all. For me, I got pissed off because I waited a week without hearing anything, and then called to find that out. American Bedliners in Jacksonville ordered me the same kit, but with upgraded rear shocks, but it was about $70 more.