Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Whiting Field Air show

Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Whiting Field Air show

Anyone going? This weekend the 24th? I will be there with a P3C Orion doing a static display. Let me know if your going.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
Can you give me some more info about this!? Im over in Pensacola..about 45 mins from Whiting! I was unaware about an air show out their! I might be able to make it out there
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
I have the flyer at work but i dont have it here. I will throw it up on here tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I live @ NASWF. I going to be out of town this weekend tho- RMB: If you get in Friday afternoon or are still around on Sunday- Let me know!!

Event Details:
NAS Whiting Field is conducting an "Open House" event 24 October 2009. This yearly event is intended to thank the local community for their support for our active duty military and families. NAS Whiting Field is unique in that we train students to become pilots for all the major branches of service. For the event, we plan to conduct aerial demonstrations, showcase a wide array of military and civil aircraft on static display and end the event with a major headlining country artist concert. Any and all aerial support will be integral to the success of this event and will serve as a great opportunity to meet and interact with the local community.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #6

Navy:
Oh nice dude. Yeah are plane gets in friday like around noonish and than we are leaving in sunday afternoon.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #9

Navy:
I have no idea yet. I havnt seen any of the info. I will let u know when i find out.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #11

Navy:
cool man let me know. I will be there all weekend long.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #15

Navy:
Whiting field is always insainly busy. Every time i go theres always like 100 planes flying around and all of them are doing solo flights. So i know what you mean.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #16

Navy:
yeah its like an hr or an hr and a half. We usualy fly it pretty slow.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Whiting field is always insainly busy. Every time i go theres always like 100 planes flying around and all of them are doing solo flights. So i know what you mean.

Yeah...Any given day they launch like 500+ sorties with students/student solos/instructor currency flights. In addition to the Eglin/Tyndal/Kessler traffic and the civilian stuff.
And with the fleet helos (saw two USCG 65s, three or four 53's, 2 phrogs, 3 AH-1s, a few Hueys and a shit TON of 60's)....and whatever else they bring in for the weekend....It'll be a party.

I'm glad I'm in the simulators....O=)
Old 10-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #18

Navy:
I was over there by you today brunes. We flew right over whiting and flew into sherman field and than flew back to jax.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #20

Navy:
yeah it was around 9 or 10 am when i was there.