Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Fl/jax ?

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Fl/jax ?

I'll be in Jax for business on the 15th for a week. How is it out there this time of year? I'm hoping to find sometime to do a bit of fishing. Can someone recommend a good fishing spot? My co-worker was out there last week and said it was cold..
Old 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Most (that I know) people go to St. Augustine to fish, its roughly a 40 minute drive from Jax. Lots of piers/drive on beaches/random spots that you can use.

edit:

If you have the time, I'd suggest heading to St. Augustine anyway. It's a cool city, I used to go hang out down on St. George street or the beaches down there every weekend back when I wasn't making minimum wage.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what type of fishing you want to do. If you wanna fish from the beach. a good place is huguenot park, one of the few places that let you still drive on the beach. If you wanna fish from a pier, there is jax beach pier but i think there is a small fee to get on there and it can sometimes get crowded. if you want to get a little sporty you can fish from the bridges on Heckscher drive but you will be constantly passed by cars. best bet is if you know somebody with a boat and they want to go out. and there always are charters but they can be pricy. also if you dont mind driving you can go to st. auggie as stated above or go north closer to nassau sound or fernandina beach. Fishing the intracostal is always nice. I dont remember the names of the places up there but if you take A1A north i believe you drive right by it. (dont take my word on that one). If you do some searching you may be able to find some more info. Usually winter time you best bet is fishing shrimp on the bottom for reds or deep sliding floats for trout in deep moving water.

check here for a fishing report http://www.floridasportsman.com/4cast/ne/ right now its the recent one but it get updated ever thursday i believe?

hope this helps some
Old 03-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
the weather here is very weird, 40s one day, 70s the next.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
the weather here is very weird, 40s one day, 70s the next.

and the winds been a blowin
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
Lawmaker
Res Ipsa Loquitor is on a distinguished road
Res Ipsa Loquitor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
I'll be in Jax for business on the 15th for a week. How is it out there this time of year? I'm hoping to find sometime to do a bit of fishing. Can someone recommend a good fishing spot? My co-worker was out there last week and said it was cold..

Depends fresh or salt, if your looking for freshwater best place to hit up is the bridges and near the fish camps. Salt if you don't have a boat here I would recommend the piers and beachfront. I usually take my bass boat out around clarks and whiteys fishcamps.