1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fl/jax ?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by raskal311, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    I'll be in Jax for business on the 15th for a week. How is it out there this time of year? I'm hoping to find sometime to do a bit of fishing. Can someone recommend a good fishing spot? My co-worker was out there last week and said it was cold..

2. Mar 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Most (that I know) people go to St. Augustine to fish, its roughly a 40 minute drive from Jax. Lots of piers/drive on beaches/random spots that you can use.

edit:

If you have the time, I'd suggest heading to St. Augustine anyway. It's a cool city, I used to go hang out down on St. George street or the beaches down there every weekend back when I wasn't making minimum wage.

3. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Depends on what type of fishing you want to do. If you wanna fish from the beach. a good place is huguenot park, one of the few places that let you still drive on the beach. If you wanna fish from a pier, there is jax beach pier but i think there is a small fee to get on there and it can sometimes get crowded. if you want to get a little sporty you can fish from the bridges on Heckscher drive but you will be constantly passed by cars. best bet is if you know somebody with a boat and they want to go out. and there always are charters but they can be pricy. also if you dont mind driving you can go to st. auggie as stated above or go north closer to nassau sound or fernandina beach. Fishing the intracostal is always nice. I dont remember the names of the places up there but if you take A1A north i believe you drive right by it. (dont take my word on that one). If you do some searching you may be able to find some more info. Usually winter time you best bet is fishing shrimp on the bottom for reds or deep sliding floats for trout in deep moving water.

check here for a fishing report http://www.floridasportsman.com/4cast/ne/ right now its the recent one but it get updated ever thursday i believe?

hope this helps some

4. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    jaxchrisfla

jaxchrisfla Well-Known Member

Member:
    flooriduh
    lots
    the weather here is very weird, 40s one day, 70s the next.

5. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM

and the winds been a blowin

6. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    Res Ipsa Loquitor

Res Ipsa Loquitor Lawmaker

Member:
    Gainesville, FL/Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport DoubleCab
    TRD CAI

Depends fresh or salt, if your looking for freshwater best place to hit up is the bridges and near the fish camps. Salt if you don't have a boat here I would recommend the piers and beachfront. I usually take my bass boat out around clarks and whiteys fishcamps.

Products Discussed in

To Top