Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Pensacola Area Taco's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #321
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
@ Dusther, Yeah, the more people we get the better. I'm not a member on TTora, maybe you could spread the word over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTacosToo View Post
That sounds awesome. I am going to be around that whole week as well. I have a 3 inch toytec lift to install. Is that something you fellas could help me out with? Also I got some Dick cepek dc2 wheels and want to put 285 75 16s on it but am afraid of all the trimming/ cab mount mod and pinch weld issues. Was debating going with the 265. Any of you running 285 and if so can you help me out with the trimming? I may try to have lift done by next week but trimming is still an issue. I can also help out with other stuff. I do a bunch of car sterio stuff if anyone needs help with that.
I've never done a toytec lift, but I'm sure it can't be much different than the camburg coilovers we put on my truck last time. Just jack it up, out with the old and in with the new. Sorry, I'm running 265's, but we should be able to help you trim. I'm not doing any stereo work, but I could use a hand with the wiring for the window sliding kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
I'm thinking about selling my brand new set of front and rear Bilstein 5100's. Would anyone here be interested? They're still boxed up.
Why are you selling them? Going a different route with the truck? You available for a meet sometime next week?

Tuesday the 27th or Thursday the 29th would work best for me... anybody else?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #322
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
Why are you selling them? Going a different route with the truck? You available for a meet sometime next week?
Actually I'm just wanting to get the money back. I'm pretty happy with my truck the way it is and I just bought a new mountain bike so I'm spending a lot of money on that and using it to ride offroad

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it for a meet. Work has been really busy lately I appreciate the invite though and hope you guys have a good time!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #323
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
any day Tuesday-Thursday works for me. I will be on Corry working anyway and it should be quiet so i can get out of there for a bit and head down to the Auto Hobby Shop no problem.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #324
Off-road Enthusiast
4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Information Systems Technician
Name: Chris
4x4 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
When is the next meet? Is it this Thursday? What time and where are?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #326
Off-road Enthusiast
4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Same for me, no mods I need done, but I am willing to help as well.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 AM   #328

Thanks for the offer ands sorry I didn't respond to the pm yesterday. My 1 1/2 year old has been to the ER twice in the past few days for stitches in her head where she hit a table and for a fever of 104.9. She is doing better now thankfully but that took up most of my time this week. I got my lift on with a work buddie late last week (and its awesome) so i don't have any work that needs doin but I'd like to meet up,sometime for sure. Any interest in going wheeling at Eglin? I have to buy my pass for this year still but I think it would be fun. If not we could just meet for lunch or something. How is Monday for everyone? Could meet at pepboys on mobile highway in pensacola or at Corry station auto hobby shop or up in the pace milton area, anything is fine with me. I'm in pace but i can drive.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #329

That is a pretty sweet bike! I rode back in college but that was up in Maryland/Virginia. Are there any worthwhile trails around here for a nice bike like that?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #330
Off-road Enthusiast

Talking

So I went out yesterday to quintette rd and found a nice little spot (non sure on how legal it was, but there are no "no trespassing" signs. I went with only my truck witch was a mistake. Almost got stuck... took 30 mins of rocking back and forth to get my free. I'm going to try to upload some pics and the video that makes it look like I just drove right out... but that was not the case. Ended up ripping off those stack front mudflaps, but I got out. Then I had to spend like another 30 mins washing off the mud that caked to the front wheels because it threw the alignment off so bad with it all there.

Let me know if the pics work, I'm using my Facebook as the web hosting so it might not let you see them.

Here's the video that makes it look like I just drove right out lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irOx...ature=youtu.be

This is where I got stuck :/

This is a view from the back after rocking for 20 mins

This is a view from the front after rocking for 20 mins

Had to let the transmission cool down

That's the whole I was in, Do you think a lift kit would have prevented those drag marks?

These are some pics of the area

This is the new avatar pic
Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #331
Off-road Enthusiast

Quote:
That is a pretty sweet bike! I rode back in college but that was up in Maryland/Virginia. Are there any worthwhile trails around here for a nice bike like that?
I think the University of West Florida has some good trails... one of my buddies knocked himself out after landing wrong lol
Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #332
Off-road Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the offer ands sorry I didn't respond to the pm yesterday. My 1 1/2 year old has been to the ER twice in the past few days for stitches in her head where she hit a table and for a fever of 104.9. She is doing better now thankfully but that took up most of my time this week. I got my lift on with a work buddie late last week (and its awesome) so i don't have any work that needs doin but I'd like to meet up,sometime for sure. Any interest in going wheeling at Eglin? I have to buy my pass for this year still but I think it would be fun. If not we could just meet for lunch or something. How is Monday for everyone? Could meet at pepboys on mobile highway in pensacola or at Corry station auto hobby shop or up in the pace milton area, anything is fine with me. I'm in pace but i can drive.
Glad to hear she's doing better. Monday is good for me, maybe we could all take a trip to where I was. As for when and where to meet up, the pep boys on mobile would probably be better if someone can't get on base. Here's the address for the Pep Boy's: 4700 Mobile Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32506

What time?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #333

I think heading out to that spot you were yesterday is a great idea... but if we are going there, no reason to drive down to pensacola to meet. We could meet somewhere here in pace/milton... maybe near 5 points. Any time monday works. maybe meet at 1100 or 1300 or something. how long do we plan on hanging out? And no, i dont think a lift would have avoided the drag marks, just made the ruts deeper . where exactly was that spot out there? I might head out there sunday to check it out but i think it might be better if i have someone else there so if / when i get stuck i am not out there hand winching myself out for hours alone.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #334
Off-road Enthusiast

There wasn't anything close by to winch to lol, another truck would be able to snatch out the other. I have straps and chains I will bring with us. I vote for 1130. I'm gonna grab a shovel just in-case
Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #335

Quintette Part at 1130 Monday sounds good to me, i will be there. I could bring a grill and we could cook up some burgers if anyone is interested. i will probably bring my wife and daughter (if they want to come). Take it easy, look forward to meeting whoever can make it!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #336
Off-road Enthusiast

I'll be there
Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #337

Checked the weather for Monday and its gonna be cold. cnx the grilling. Eat before we meet or BYO lunch. We'll just meet up and hang out in the dirt for a while
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #339

My wife decided to back out when she saw the weather so it will just be me and my truck.

Products Discussed in this Thread