1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pensacola Area Taco's

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Pro60, Apr 7, 2010.

1. May 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    RussBow6

RussBow6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Exhaust, TRD Intake, Grillcraft upper, WO seats
    haha yeah... i think they knocked it down to 12-13 hrs or something crazy.

i'd like to continue with it and get my ppl after. it'd be pretty cool to be able to fly myself home for christmas haha

2. May 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Don't worry about "continuing" You'll get all the training you need on Uncle Sams dime.
    Once you get done with Advanced you can take the Military Competency Exam and you'll get a Commercial Instrument ticket for your type for about 300 bucks. (I'm a helo guy- So I have a Single Engine Land Fixed wing and Commerical Helo w/ inst).

Lots of good deals out there!

3. May 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    good deal. looking forward to it...

i think i want helos too... guess its not really up to me but ive heard flying helos is like flying a roller coaster so sign me up.

4. May 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If it's alot like a roller coaster you are doing it wrong. But it takes some real skills...and it's fuggin AWESOME!!!

5. May 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    ha yeah i bet. i've got delusions of inserting and extracting SEALs in my sh-60 too... so we'll see how the stars line up for me...

i've heard that a lot of those insert/extract packages are taken by army and marine helo guys though so i might get stuck doing vertrep or being an expensive taxi service...

6. May 25, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    There are still some Navy squadrons that do the SpecOps stuff. You'll have lots of folks to talk to about opinions and options for a career!!

7. May 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    MarinePhoenix2207

MarinePhoenix2207 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey (yes, there's a North and South)
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u

where do they have you doin IFS? I hear they've moved some of the ground school stuff to online courses at NASP.

Anyways, hope you can make it to our next meet, whenever that might be.

8. May 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    Not sure yet... I've got the in brief on the 2nd so I guess I'll know then.

And yeah I'll definitely try and make the next get together!

Anybody here done the headlight mods? I've been thinking about doing em but I don't trust myself yet with electrical...

9. May 26, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Which headlight mods?? HIDS or the BHLM??

10. May 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    Pro60

Pro60 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    3" Skyjacker suspension lift, MO951b 18x9, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Total Chaos UCAs, TRD Seat covers, Weathertech floormats, UWS LP toolbox, mudflap delete, seatbelt chime off, foglight mod, K&N Drop in filter,double limo tint, hose clamp mod, blacked out badges, rear diff breather mod
    If your putting HIDS in and need a hand lemme know, ill be more than happy to help ya! I installed my hid heads/fogs a few months ago:D

11. May 26, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Horsepower decals
    Just letting yall guys know if ya need an alarm installed on your tacoma i'll hook it up on the price for TW members. You can buy the alarm or i'll buy it and you'll need a bypass box. Im in pensacola

12. May 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    I was definitely wanting to do the fogs on anytime mod and then maybe hooking up a couple PIAA lights behind my grillcraft if I can find a switch and someone that knows what their doing haha

Already have an alarm but I could use a hand grounding my DVD head unit to someplace other than the parking brake...

13. May 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Horsepower decals
    what kind of head unit do you have? if its not an alpine. just ground it to the radio ground in the harness.

14. May 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    yeah ive got a kenwood. i figured it was that easy i just dont wanna go in there stripping and twisting wires when i dont know what i'm doing. i'd take it somewhere but they always say with the liability if i'm dumb enough to watch a movie and drive then crash, they wont do it... guess i cant blame em

15. May 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    and any of you guys want a bestop supertop for a short bed?

i'm trying to get rid of mine but not trying to ship it somewhere... rather have someone get it locally and just install it for em on the spot.

16. May 31, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    countryboy

countryboy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Baker, florida
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner, TRD spot, hunter green
    lighted under and inside
    i havent posted much on here but i have seen a few of yall around crestview and pcola the few times ive been over there but me and some buddys are going on a road trip on june 21-25 and we couldnt agree on where to go the only thing we could agree on is we would love to meet up with other taco drivers, so we were wondering if any of yall would like to have a meet up somewhere and go riding and see each others mods? thanks

17. Jun 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    MarinePhoenix2207

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u
    How's everyone been? I haven't been able to get on the site in a lil while; buried under books and study material. Anyways, just wanted to check in and see if we all might be able to get together sometime soon.

18. Jun 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    tanktodd

tanktodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    Hey guys. Haven't been doing much lately. Lost job due to oil spill so got to go to Canada a week or two ago. Would love to get together soon. Just let me know and I'll be there.

19. Jun 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    MarinePhoenix2207

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope you at least got to enjoy yourself in Canada.

20. Jul 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Horsepower decals
    i got a two 10 sub box for a double cab for sale if anyone is interested

Products Discussed in

To Top