Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Pensacola Area Taco's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #1541
Bosshoag is on a distinguished road

Name: Mr. Doogan
Bosshoag's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance someone put automatic transmission fluid in it? In my old first gen, I had a shop do some maintenance and they inadvertently put automatic transmission fluid in my manual trans. Two or three months later it shredded itself. Not positive it was related but it really sucked regardless.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #1542
dennisc is on a distinguished road
Navy: AIRCREW
dennisc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshoag View Post
Any chance someone put automatic transmission fluid in it? In my old first gen, I had a shop do some maintenance and they inadvertently put automatic transmission fluid in my manual trans. Two or three months later it shredded itself. Not positive it was related but it really sucked regardless.
A shop did replace my clutch a few months ago. I'm not sure if they serviced my clutch or not. How can I tell the difference in fluid?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #1543
nsene001 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
nsene001's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit

Anyone in the Pensacola area know of a good spot to get a lift kit installed?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #1545

Dennisc not sure how to tell the difference in fluid but I bet google knows. Nsene001 I totally agree with Alfuh, doing it yourself is the best way. And cheapest. Maybe you can find some people on here willing to lend a hand if you and your buddy's aren't real handy.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #1546
bretleg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bretleg's Tacoma Gallery
So there's a guy near me selling his 98 4x4 4cyl tan exterior with 6 inch lift and 35s that want to sell his truck looking for 5500
Old 07-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #1547
dennisc is on a distinguished road
Navy: AIRCREW
dennisc's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #1548
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretleg View Post
So there's a guy near me selling his 98 4x4 4cyl tan exterior with 6 inch lift and 35s that want to sell his truck looking for 5500
Don't do it. 6" lift with the 4cyl . That truck has probably been ran hard just to get it moving down the road, not to mention the off-road it's seen.
I just sold my first gen. 98 4x4 4cyl, and I can't even imagine trying to get it to turn 35s without having to stop at every gas station in route to my destination.

Better off getting an unmolested one for a little more, then buying that nightmare.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #1549
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone! Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I am looking at moving to the Navarre area (near my dad since he is getting older) sometime hopefully within the next 6-12 months, or sooner if the opportunity presents itself. I was down there visiting my dad this weekend (4th of July) and loved it. I sure do miss Florida! I used to live in the Daytona Beach area.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #1550
Tj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tj0hn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Hey everyone! Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I am looking at moving to the Navarre area (near my dad since he is getting older) sometime hopefully within the next 6-12 months, or sooner if the opportunity presents itself. I was down there visiting my dad this weekend (4th of July) and loved it. I sure do miss Florida! I used to live in the Daytona Beach area.
Navarre is great. I have lived here for about 3 years but I am moving at the end of the month. Navarre beach is great, but Destin has nicer beaches. Much more laid back out this way though!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #1551
Velcro, if you aint stuck, you aint havin fun
Alfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: Chris
Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
nice, it'll be nice having anothe TW member closer to these parts of FL it's lonely over here at eglin/destin
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #1552
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not just any TW member either. Nice to know there is a 2nd gen master in the area.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #1553
Normantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud of
Normantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy BamaToy. Welcome to the area ( soon anyway). Read lots of your posts/responses good to have a very knowledgeable member local.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #1554

Hey a 2nd Gen master huh. Well my door panels are in my back seat right now cause I just got stumped installing some Fosgate Tweeters. Anyone been here and done this? I just emailed TacoTunes to see what kind of "tweeter Baffles" they have to offer but I'm all for a legit, cheap, quick, fix as I don't want to put my door panels back on until I'm done with the project.

Haven't even considered screwing with this wild factory wiring for these tweeters. I'm sure I'll ruin something when I start cutting and splicing... Help is appreciated. I'm in Pensacola.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #1555
P3Bubba is on a distinguished road
Navy: Naval Aviator
P3Bubba's Tacoma Gallery
Pensacola Area Taco's

Anyone interested (or know anybody interested) in a 2014 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4?? Towing package, entune, overall excellent condition with 11K-ish miles on it? I'm thinking about getting an old 4Runner limited to play around with.

Only looking to get what I owe out of it (which jives pretty well with blue book, right around 29K), and it has the transferable warranty out to 6 years, 100,000 miles. I'm out in Navarre.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #1556

Any interest in getting a weekly or biweekly poker game going? I used to go to one years ago, and it was always fun. $20 buy in. Then stop buy-ins a few hours before midnight. Always fun and entertaining. I looked at it as cheap entertainment. Much cheaper then going out and spending $7 a drink, plus parking, entrance fees, etc.....
Old 07-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #1557
TrevBates is a glorious beacon of lightTrevBates is a glorious beacon of lightTrevBates is a glorious beacon of lightTrevBates is a glorious beacon of lightTrevBates is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
TrevBates's Tacoma Gallery
I see a ton of badass Taco's running around town all the time. I was wondering if ya'll ever get together to check out each other's set ups. I saw a link to the "tamlando" meet on the TW main page, it Looked like a good time.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #1559
bretleg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bretleg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down to meet up. Interested in hitting up the range soon as well
Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #1560
Tj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tj0hn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3Bubba View Post
Anyone interested (or know anybody interested) in a 2014 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4?? Towing package, entune, overall excellent condition with 11K-ish miles on it? I'm thinking about getting an old 4Runner limited to play around with.

Only looking to get what I owe out of it (which jives pretty well with blue book, right around 29K), and it has the transferable warranty out to 6 years, 100,000 miles. I'm out in Navarre.

Possibly. I'll show him this.

Products Discussed in this Thread