Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Florida B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #39401
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
More to come later, Jim. Gotta get back to Melbourne tonight. this one was just the best.

That is priceless dude. Oh by the way I have been cleared for a good luck Colin/mod meet at the crib for saturday. I just gotta check with the dunes and make sure they are still open!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #39402
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Little dudes are getting big Jim!
Only 2 weeks from Sat. and they start going to the new homes ..Its a non stop whirl wind right now, but we will miss them when they are gone.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #39403
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Only 2 weeks from Sat. and they start going to the new homes ..Its a non stop whirl wind right now, but we will miss them when they are gone.
You need to start planning the next litter so I can get my order in now....
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #39404
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Summer 014..Only one every 2 years now they have kicked both our asses this time.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #39405
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Summer 014..Only one every 2 years now they have kicked both our asses this time.
Here's my male. 6.5 months
Attached Thumbnails
Florida B.S. Thread-image.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #39407
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
Here's my male. 6.5 months
Nice Hungarian Magyar head on the boy..
Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #39408
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^^^ Nice thanks for stopping by,,,Jim
Thank you for having us! Alexis has never had a dog, and was worried about starting with a "big" dog by her standards. she went into the morning skeptical, and left with a whole new outlook on things....I think she's ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
That is priceless dude. Oh by the way I have been cleared for a good luck Colin/mod meet at the crib for saturday. I just gotta check with the dunes and make sure they are still open!!
WHAT!?!? this saturday? i'm working

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Get in line pal

more pics. Jim, PM me your email and i'll send over the full res. versions. Alexis has some good shots too that i'll grab from her shortly.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #39409
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

^^^^^Cool thanks..
Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #39410
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Meets...

Hi! I've been looking at the pics and watching the videos of y'all's Citrus/Ocala/Richloam meets. Looks like a great time. Almost tempts me to give it a shot in my truck as is with the 31" BFG mall-terrains (it would give me a baseline for the vast improvements I have planned...as soon as I sell my old F250 *sigh*).

I had no idea Florida had that sort of technical driving terrain. Back when I was really into it (about 15-20 years ago, lol) we just played in the mud. I'd like to try it out.

When do y'all think the next trip might be?

Lee
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #39411
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on where your at. Us Tally guys are going this weekend.

Is there gonna be a big FL meet again this Fall?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #39412
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm in North Tampa so Ocala is a bit of a drive, but it looks like it'd be worth it.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #39413
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
I'm in North Tampa so Ocala is a bit of a drive, but it looks like it'd be worth it.
from your general area, it only looks to be a tad over 2 hours to ocala, and about an hour and a half to citrus. that's not a bad drive at all compared to the trip some of the guys make. i'm almost 3 hrs out from ocala, and don't consider it too far. we have guys come from west palm and alabama on occasion.

ocala and parts of citrus are great to get that baseline on. other parts of citrus are more challenging, and then if you want to go all out, there are some undisclosed wheeling spots just outside of ocala that a number of us can take you to that will push you as far as you are willing to take it. good wheeling of all flavors in FL.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #39414
Interco Tire Snob

Thanks. By a bit of a drive, I meant it's kind of a long way from home when things break, lol. Maybe it's just because those times stand out in my memory, but it seemed like someone always broke something when we went and a lot of times it was me. I had a '92 YJ on 16x35 Boggers that I couldn't keep a rear driveshaft in. Liquid locked a motor (somehow, still haven't figured it out) in my F150 on 38s. Blew a coolant line in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night on the way home from Brooksville in my '81 Toy on stock tires. Ahh...good times.

I did do a lot of trail riding at Richloam, but I noticed that whenever I was the only vehicle, we usually ended up hiking out (I was young and stupid at the time, but I did eventually learn my lesson about bringing back-up). Oddly, I never managed to get stuck when I did have back-up, though I did my share of helping out people that did.

Anyway, are you guys cool with educating a newb to that technical stuff? I've got a decent, if rusty, mud technique, but I've never tried crawling through washouts and such. In view of that it might be best to start small.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #39415
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Colin we can put out the meet at the crib hopefully in a couple of weeks. no biggie
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #39416
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice Hungarian Magyar head on the boy..
Yeah he's been good don't think I'd ever get a different breed. FYI in June Tampa bay vizsla club is having a big meet.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #39417
Interco Tire Snob

Water

I have a question I was hoping you guys could answer. It's probably on this forum somewhere, but I'd like some Florida specific input.

Anyone that's been to Richloam knows you do a lot of wading through water. This was a pain in my '81 and '83 Toys as well as my Fords since the fan tended to kick water right on to the distributor. The solution (if you didn't want to in effect glue your cap and plug wires on with silicone) was to get a rubber distributor boot off a late '80s/early '90s fox-body Mustang GT (or make your own) and put it on, keeping your distributor nice and dry.

My Tacoma is the first vehicle I've had with a distributorless ignition. So aside from keeping the breather above water, is there any water-proofing that needs to be done to stay running through those deep water crossings? Is wet ignition a thing of the past with the distributorless ignition?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #39418
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
In case you guys like the Winchester 9mm target ammo as much as I do...AmmoToGo.com just got some in stock for a somewhat not-so-price-gouging-price.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...l-metal-jacket

9mm 115gr FMJ 100rd Value Pack

This stuff usually sells out in less than a minute on Natchez and other sites. Walmarts rarely get any nowadays, too.

Fink
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #39419
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the dash project is finally complete. Had my neighbor do a true color match on my tweeter rings, cluster rings, stereo surround, and ac surround. I am very happy with the end results.

Florida B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21368562728.765775.jpgFlorida B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21368562759.632869.jpgFlorida B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21368562811.302409.jpgFlorida B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21368562862.796801.jpgFlorida B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21368562923.119029.jpg
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #39420
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
nice touch with the tweeters.

Products Discussed in this Thread