1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Oct 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    That looks like a good little area

2. Oct 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    I have a question for you math gurus out there...

If I want to find my actual mileage traveled, would I just multiply the indicated mileage by the 14.5 percent (IM x 1.145 = AM?) indicated on the chart below? Or would it be the 17 percent?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Oct 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM
    Scorpo900

Scorpo900 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    luis
    So. Florida, West Palm
    Vehicle:
    good truck.
    A few
    If you are going from one tire to the other, actual miles (am) you multiply miles recorded (mr) by the % difference in circumference (cr) between the tires. If going from smaller to bigger
    Am= Mr * (1+ 1/cr%)
    If going from bigger diameter to smaller am= Mr *(1-cr%)
    I'm not testing this in excel, please test before applying, in concept you should run less miles from actual with smaller circumference. Hope this helps. Yes I'm a nerd.

4. Oct 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.

5. Oct 27, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    So then I'd use the 17 percent then. Okay.

So it's IM x 1.17 = AM

175m x 1.17 = 204.75m

204.75m / 14.2g = 14.4 mpg

Yikes. I was kinda hoping for a little better than that, but I guess it's still more than twice what my F250 was getting.

6. Oct 27, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    fgcutaco

fgcutaco Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB, Access Cab, 5 Lug
    Stock... For now...
    Precisely. No maths on Sundays, house rule.

7. Oct 27, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    B-but...it's fuuuunnnnn!:p

8. Oct 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    [​IMG]:eek::Dimages_bece23f98069935c95d36fb19a09d74a550f5840.jpg

9. Oct 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    TAC1

TAC1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    Hello Florida,

In response to post 170, which we'll continue the conversation on this thread. It is in reference to a tire fitment conversation between:

Alfuh, Taco No Baka & myself.

There are a couple of ways that you can mount a narrow tire on a wider wheel (to a point).

* You can spray starter fluid on the upper bead section of the tire & then throw a match in there. You'll here a small "poof" as the gasses will cause the bead to pop onto the wheel.

* If the shop has a cheetah (a tank that gets aired up to a certain psi), the tank has a "shotgun" type barrel with a quick release lever that allows you to shoot a quick burst of air into the tire bead area also causing the tires bead to pop on to the wheel.

I don't recommend the first one due to the fire risk but I've seen it done many times & it works.

Putting all that aside though, I would not want to run a set up where the wheel is wider than the tire just for the simple fact that if you have to air down then you run a risk of having the tire bead come off of the wheel mounting area. It's one thing to air up a tire on the trail that is still mounted to the wheel but try catching the bead out there while it's on the truck. You'll end up putting your spare on.

That's my opinion.

Good luck buddy! Keep us posted.

10. Oct 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Yeah that's only a little hole there's a bigger one that some mega trucks tear up and there's a lot of trails out there if any one wants to go I'll be out there again next weekend

11. Oct 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    Is this any one here it's next to the four wheel parts tent at jeeptoberfest

12. Oct 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    There's also the tire soap method where you smear this vaseline-like substance between the bead and the wheel that will hold the air in long enough for the bead to seal. We used to use it on tractor-trailer tires to get them to inflate.

But yeah, wider wheels probably aren't that great an idea for rock crawling either since I would imagine they would get damaged easier in addition to it being easier to break the bead when aired down.

On the other hand, a tire mounted on a wider wheel will have a bit wider profile which may or may not be useful in mud. Never really tested that out.

13. Oct 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    Wish i didnt live so dam far

14. Oct 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    its only a 4-6 hour drive

15. Oct 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    That's the Orlando 4wp rep truck.

16. Oct 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    I am having a really difficult time deciding whether to wash my truck or not, I would like her to look good for Citrus, but she looks sooo much better with the mud imo

[​IMG]

17. Oct 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    I hardly ever wash mine but will before meets.
    Blank canvas.

18. Oct 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    We were in Ocala this weekend for a different event...there was a lot of Jeeps headed North and many of them were done very serious and nice.

PK

19. Oct 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    You still planning in going to citrus next weekend?

20. Oct 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    dirtymike

dirtymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Fiberglass,spindles, coils, 4"leafs, gears&locker, no skids :-/
    That's pauls truck he is the district manager for 4wp in fl

Products Discussed in