Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Florida B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #46981
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfuh View Post
what type of tiedown is that on your rail?
Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #46983
Velcro, if you aint stuck, you aint havin fun
Alfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlfuh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: Chris
Alfuh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
what type of tiedown is that on your rail?
the ones behind the cab are the regular bet cleats, and the silver ones, those are actually the lockdown points for my tri-fold tonneau cover

dont know how well you can see in this picture

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
think those are just metal brackets for his tonneau cover
dammit Nam...you beat me to it lol, ya thats what those are
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #46985
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
kids, u should prob learn to type faster
lol
Old 01-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #46986
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
No bull shit weather man...http://youtu.be/x8hGIF9FljM
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #46987
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have any opinions on Marlin Crawler's Heavy Duty (1200lb) clutch? It's about $40 more than the auto parts store's cheap clutch kit, but the auto parts place lifetime warranties theirs. Not sure which would be better though. I've never had a clutch fail on me, aside from just wearing out, and I don't really put too many miles on my truck so it'll be years if not decades before I'd have to replace it again due to wear.

Oh, and it's also $60 less than the performance clutch the autoparts store sells (Exedy with 1900lbs pressure...sounds like it'd wear your leg out sitting at a stop light).

Any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #46988
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Anybody have any opinions on Marlin Crawler's Heavy Duty (1200lb) clutch? It's about $40 more than the auto parts store's cheap clutch kit, but the auto parts place lifetime warranties theirs. Not sure which would be better though. I've never had a clutch fail on me, aside from just wearing out, and I don't really put too many miles on my truck so it'll be years if not decades before I'd have to replace it again due to wear.

Oh, and it's also $60 less than the performance clutch the autoparts store sells (Exedy with 1900lbs pressure...sounds like it'd wear your leg out sitting at a stop light).

Any thoughts?
ive heard good things about it. from what i understand its a the best of a few different components, making it the best overall option. i didnt know about it when i had to do my clutch thats the only reason its not in my truck
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #46989
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Drove a friends old 427 vette with a 1000 lb clutch.. thing was fucked ..it comes up so hi then it just dumps.. no holding it down..If you do much stop & go it will kill you...
Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #46990
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Any thoughts?
Ok, I hope you appreciate I tore this out of a packed box..

4WD Toyota Owner mag did a write up on the Marlin Turbo Clutch Kit ( September/October 2013 issue) 2 quick points; 4-Runner and 22/R/RE on pricing $299................

Great write up on everything from R&R to testing it after... They enjoyed easy install and are quoted at " hooks up with 33% more force than oe with super smooth engage and disengage without a lot of pedal"

Sorry , mag and I will not "HIT" Florida till Feb 10 or 17...

Good luck on choosing.........
Old 01-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #46991
TacoHell is just really niceTacoHell is just really niceTacoHell is just really niceTacoHell is just really niceTacoHell is just really nice

Name: Colson
TacoHell's Tacoma Gallery
Hey lee look into centerforce clutches also, I have the dual friction clutch and i love it, haven't had a problem with any slipping. They also have the centerforce I and II. Only down side is they are a decent penny.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #46992
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
The clutch in my AT is pretty sweet.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #46993
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
And then theres this guy...
Old 01-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #46994
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the input, fellas. It'll be a while before I have to make a decision, but I wanted to consider my options beforehand.

Colson, those CF clutches look awesome. If I had the cash to burn, I'd definitely go with the CF2, but like you said, they are awfully proud of them.

I guess it's going to come down to what's available when the time comes. The Marlin Crawler kit seems like it would be better for my application since it was put together with performance, longevity, ability to withstand off-road abuse, and a pedal pressure that wouldn't destroy your leg in frequent use situations in mind. For $299, I think it's worth the extra $40 over the normal stock spec clutch kit. However, it seems like it might take a while to actually get one. That may end up being the deciding factor.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #46995

Quote:
Thanks for the input, fellas. It'll be a while before I have to make a decision, but I wanted to consider my options beforehand.

Colson, those CF clutches look awesome. If I had the cash to burn, I'd definitely go with the CF2, but like you said, they are awfully proud of them.

I guess it's going to come down to what's available when the time comes. The Marlin Crawler kit seems like it would be better for my application since it was put together with performance, longevity, ability to withstand off-road abuse, and a pedal pressure that wouldn't destroy your leg in frequent use situations in mind. For $299, I think it's worth the extra $40 over the normal stock spec clutch kit. However, it seems like it might take a while to actually get one. That may end up being the deciding factor.
Order now and wait till you need it in the trucj
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #46996
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Order now and wait till you need it in the trucj
That would definitely be the best way to do it.

Of course, that's assuming they'll take an order on something they are out of stock on. Not sure how it would work (won't let you order it from the website, just has a button to "notify when it's back in stock") and I don't have the spare cash right now, so I'll wait until I do.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #46997

Quote:
That would definitely be the best way to do it.

Of course, that's assuming they'll take an order on something they are out of stock on. Not sure how it would work (won't let you order it from the website, just has a button to "notify when it's back in stock") and I don't have the spare cash right now, so I'll wait until I do.
that notify me button is perfect then, you get an email when its in, and maybe you have spare cash at that time. who knows?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 PM   #46998
If I can't get you out, neither can anyone else.
Darth Tater will become famous soon enoughDarth Tater will become famous soon enough
Air Force: MSgt, 22 yrs,
Name: Marlin
Darth Tater's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Moving to Ft Walton beach and need some info.

Greetings,
I am a retired USAF kinda guy, and am moving to Ft Walton Beach area in late March or early April. I am living in Las Vegas, NV and was wondering if any of my TW folks had any advice. I lived in Georgia for a few years, so I am sure that mud terrains and a winch are a must. Any info would be helpful. I am looking forward to moving back to the South East, I am tired of living in the desert. Anywhere to hurt, fish, four wheel. That sort of thing. I hunt, fish, and love being in the outdoors.
THX
Darth
Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 AM   #46999
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
dick...however, I approve =)
Old 01-30-2014, 04:26 AM   #47000
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Greetings,
I am a retired USAF kinda guy, and am moving to Ft Walton Beach area in late March or early April. I am living in Las Vegas, NV and was wondering if any of my TW folks had any advice. I lived in Georgia for a few years, so I am sure that mud terrains and a winch are a must. Any info would be helpful. I am looking forward to moving back to the South East, I am tired of living in the desert. Anywhere to hurt, fish, four wheel. That sort of thing. I hunt, fish, and love being in the outdoors.
THX
Darth
You are going to the right place..
Blackwater River State Forest

Products Discussed in this Thread