1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida Visit - Suggestions Please!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by SManZ, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    My buddy and I are going to trailer our bikes down to Florida next Wednesday...we gotta get one last ride in this season!

We're staying in Jacksonville and looking for some good spots to ride out to.

Can anyone recommend some really good BBQ places, motorsports related spots, distilleries, or any other interesting places within 3-4rs of Jacksonville?

-Thanks!

2. Dec 10, 2010 at 4:21 AM
    sirwamz

sirwamz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4 Manual
    Not much......college student using the GI Bill to survive.
    I'm going down there too!!!!! I'm going to visit some friends from the Navy and spend christmas w them. Small world since we kinda of live close by

3. Dec 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    jaxchrisfla

jaxchrisfla Well-Known Member

Member:
    flooriduh
    lots
    There is a Anheuser Busch plant here that you can go take a free tour and sample some beer at the end. There is the Zoo not to far from it as well. A friend of mine just opened up a nice BBQ joint on the south end of town, well worth trying out. There are quite a few race tracks within 2-3 hours drive, Im not sure what they have going on for events though.

The first city of the USA, St Augustine, is 30 minutes south of here. Nice trip down A1A from here is full of scenery. World Golf Village, hall of fame is right outside of town as well.

4. Dec 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Daytona Beach lol. Need I say more?

5. Dec 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Citrus for Off Road and or Ocala and Croom

6. Dec 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    x2 on A1A. Also St. Augistine beach would be a nice ride especially up A1A there. A more local road to Jax is Heckscher drive which eventually leads to A1A towards Fernindina beach.

I think it would be an awesome day to ride the bikes to Fernandina Beach in the Morning. Go over the Dames Point then go to downtown Fernandina and pick up some awesome seafood at the Marina Restaurant then head down A1A down to Mayport and take the ferry across then head down a1a all the way to St. Augustine and grab diner there and then go to the beach. Then spend the night there or if you want to go back to your hotel in Jax, hop on 95 and you'll be there quicker.

7. Dec 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm going to map these out later this weekend. I'll post up the route and see what you all think!

8. Dec 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
  9. Dec 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    take a ride down 13, once you get below the Shands bridge it gets nice along the St John's River. 16/13 is together until you get to Ward's Creek, keep on 13. There is a place called 8 1/2 Mile Crab Shack which is decent most of the time. Stay on 13 until it get's to the end then you can go left to St Augustine or right to Palatka. When that road ends on 17, take a left and stop at the biker bar Chyanne (sp). From there, you can head South on 17 then look for 100 E toward Brunell (again spelling is wrong, getting old). That will dump you on US1, take a left there and you end up at "Destination Daytona" which is a big complex that has the Daytona HD store, a few BBQ places, and other vendors. Great place to visit.
    It is a lot to read throuhg, but look at a map and it all makes sense. Have fun and let me know how it went. I've been riding in this area for the past 15 years. PM if you have questions.

10. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    weiser5150

weiser5150 Stickers and new floormats arent Mods

Member:
    First Name:
    JK
    Jacksonville,Fla.
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4
    Bilsteins all around,Front set at 2.5",Toytec AAL,LR UCAs,18x9 ATX Thugs,275/70R18 Toyo MT's,Relentless Fab Sliders,Satoshi Grill with TRD emblem and Hella Black Magic's converted to HID behind it.
    Mojos BBQ at Jax beach or Lakewood

11. Dec 18, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Ohhhhhhhh guys!!! This trip furthers the fact that I need to GTFO of VA.

Yesterday we rode down A1A from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach.

We stopped at some of the beachside parking areas with the decks and sat around smoking, lauging at everyone stuck in VA, and having a good time. Marineland and Flagler Beach were two places we stopped at.

Honestly we were a little disappointed with Daytona - it wasn't as built up as we thought. We rode the A1A down Daytona and then Rt 1 back up to see if there was more stuff.

We had lunch at Finn's in Flagler Beach. Saw a Honda ST1300 Police pull over a VW Beetle from the top deck of the restaurant. I had a massive fish sandwich that was awesome!

Today we're going to drive out to St Augustine. We passed by it last night coming back to Jacksonville and the place was lit up for Christmas. Its looking like rain today so the bikes will stay parked.

Actually, I better go crop dust my buddy and get him up so we can grab lunch down there.

12. Dec 18, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Here's a handful of the photos we took :D

[​IMG]
    We just pulled up to my buddy's friend's place.

[​IMG]
    We had just been on the road for 14hrs but we didn't come down here to kick back :p We stopped at some baller marina/condo thing.

[​IMG]
    I'm on the left. This was our second day riding. At a beach off the deck next to Marineland.

[​IMG]
    Brews and lunch at Finn's in Flagler Beach

[​IMG]
    Mileage on the way down...
    We were running 65-67mph most of the way. The red font is my phone telling me my mileage sucks. I haven't seen a green number in months.

13. Dec 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Great! I'm glad you had a good time. Daytona is interesting. A giant track with things around it and that's about it. It's been a while since I've been to Daytona beach but it I remember it being more interesting. Although there is a Friendly's in Daytona that we don't have many of down here.

14. Dec 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    JSW

JSW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Orlando FL
    I prefer Cocoa Beach if I'm going out to the East Coast from Orlando.

Products Discussed in

To Top