Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Flyzeye Designs

Notices

FLYZEYE Designs Engineered Lighting 4 Tacoma

Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #301
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine today, awesome! I just wanted to share a tip from another member in a different part of the forum (props to canoeski).

I was having a problem getting the touch sensitive dimming switch to work. It actually didn't work at all. I though it was broken and bummed about sending it back. But, poking around on the forum in another thread, canoeski suggests licking your finger to get it wet to increase conductivity. Bam, it worked! The dimmer works like it should now. Right now it's about 15 degrees and humidity is very low where I live. My fingers were very dry, and that was not allowing the dimmer to work.

Now I can't wait for it to get dark to see the results.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #302
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Website Upgrades...

All, it seems there have been quite a few points of confusion / ordering errors and such.

We will be working on the website starting this evening and HOPE to make things a little clearer for you.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #303
Bravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to beholdBravo1 is a splendid one to behold

Bravo1's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to clarify the color scheme operation for the V1. I'm interested in having red as the primary and amber as the secondary (or maybe vice-versa). Will the halos automatically be the color of the secondary, or can I chose ANY color for them to be, regardless of what the primary and secondary are? If I understand correctly, the halos will never change color either, correct?

Second, is there a button that changes the color from primary to secondary, as well as dims the light too?

Thanks for the help, I really like the look this can bring to my truck interior.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #304
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo1 View Post
Trying to clarify the color scheme operation for the V1. I'm interested in having red as the primary and amber as the secondary (or maybe vice-versa). Will the halos automatically be the color of the secondary, or can I chose ANY color for them to be, regardless of what the primary and secondary are? If I understand correctly, the halos will never change color either, correct?

Second, is there a button that changes the color from primary to secondary, as well as dims the light too?

Thanks for the help, I really like the look this can bring to my truck interior.

Halo colors are constant and independent. You can choose any color for the halos. On V1 units, the dimming is controlled by the Touch Sensitive Dimming Contacts (TSDC).

There is a 3-position slide switch that selects between OFF/Primary/Secondary.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #305
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
FLYZEYE Designs Engineered Lighting 4 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo1 View Post
Yes, there is a switch to change primary/secondary color and a separate touch dimmer to set The light output

Edit: ^^ there ya go.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #306

Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #307

Website and store updated...

Our website and online store have been updated. Please feel free to provide feedback.

Merry Christmas!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #311
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
I have the battery powered unit mounted now and I just got the wired version. How do I get old mounting plate off? Thats some strong adhesive you guys use. What type of tape is that, I would love to get some.

3M VHB tape
Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
I have the battery powered unit mounted now and I just got the wired version. How do I get old mounting plate off? Thats some strong adhesive you guys use. What type of tape is that, I would love to get some.

Apply a steady pressure from one edge and slowly let the adhesive pull off. It can take several minutes. We recommend that you be patient and not rip the mounting plate off as your stereo bezel might come off too!

Please call if you need further assistance.
480-773-2835

Or, Dennis LaFreniere 757-288-5702
Old 01-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #314
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Apply a steady pressure from one edge and slowly let the adhesive pull off. It can take several minutes. We recommend that you be patient and not rip the mounting plate off as your stereo bezel might come off too!

Please call if you need further assistance.
480-773-2835

Or, Dennis LaFreniere 757-288-5702

Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #315
Andy Standard is on a distinguished road
Andy Standard's Tacoma Gallery
Put my order in yesterday and can't wait to get mine. How long is the lead time for one of your products?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Standard View Post
Put my order in yesterday and can't wait to get mine. How long is the lead time for one of your products?

Lead times are typically measured in days unless we go into a back-order scenario. Your item was mailed today and is expected to deliver on Friday.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #317
Andy Standard is on a distinguished road
Andy Standard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Lead times are typically measured in days unless we go into a back-order scenario. Your item was mailed today and is expected to deliver on Friday.
Just installed the light and it's a lot easier to do than I thought. Fantastic quality and really fast service. Makes me glad that I found TacomaWorld
Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #318
cnew is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cnew's Tacoma Gallery
Well just found my next purchase!! Had to use my brother in laws vehicle for a couple of days and it had accent lighting for the center console / cup holders. Did some research and came across this great product that fits my needs/wants exactly. I will be placing an order soon.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #319
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my V1 unit last night with a spare base. Excited to get it in and put it in the truck.

I went with the white / blue / red halo setup, hoping I made a wise decision. I wasn't sure if I wanted blue or red for the alternate color. Blue looks better, red is easier on the eyes. It will be great to have some additional light. My Mom's Rogue has an LED that shines down on the console and I loved it.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #320
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Received my item today. Due to a silly email server error my order didn't get received for a day or two after I had expected it to. Dennis personally called me to let me know the situation and I received my unit even faster than he said I would receive it. He also included a few extra items because of the mixup.

I was VERY impressed by this and am very excited to fit this in my truck. Do business with these guys, their customer service is top notch.