Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Flyzeye Designs

Notices

FLYZEYE Designs Engineered Lighting 4 Tacoma

Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #161
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006KJ View Post
I was on the fence. Now that I have that information I just placed my order for a v2w. Can't wait
It seems a few on TW are...

Regarding new products, the 3VP-TS v1 (naked light) is extremely close to release. I have two in my vehicle now undergoing durability tests.

When released, I expect we will release this light as a 3VP-RS v1 beta. The Tilt Switch is failing my "annoiance level" with it flickering when driving... The "RS" (Reed Switch) version eliminates the flickering entirely. The reed switch is extremely reliable but, a little bit on the fragile side. We are working on a solution to this now.

For those anxious to get their hands on one, or two of these, we value your enthusiasm and patience as we enter the final beta development.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #162
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post

Regarding new products, the 3VP-TS v1 (naked light) is extremely close to release. I have two in my vehicle now undergoing durability tests.

When released, I expect we will release this light as a 3VP-RS v1 beta. The Tilt Switch is failing my "annoiance level" with it flickering when driving... The "RS" (Reed Switch) version eliminates the flickering entirely. The reed switch is extremely reliable but, a little bit on the fragile side. We are working on a solution to this now.

For those anxious to get their hands on one, or two of these, we value your enthusiasm and patience as we enter the final beta development.
Good to hear! It would be a little more invasive install but a small hood pin switch would work 100% with no flickering
Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #163
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I was actually one of the few who have seen this but it was so wicked it's amazing the level of thought and quality these guys put into there work
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #164
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
I was actually one of the few who have seen this but it was so wicked it's amazing the level of thought and quality these guys put into there work
Proof that a 'naked light' actually does exist and will be released soon...

To all those patiently waiting, thank you.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #165

3VP-RS v1 beta...

A sneak peak at our 3VP-RS v1 Beta "naked light" now taking orders...

$12.75 +$3.25 shipping (TW & Existing customers for a limited time). Pricing will likely settle at $16.95 + $3.25 pending demand.

Units will NOT ship as quickly as our V1 and V2W product - at least until we can get our production up to speed. Please be advised, these first units are NOT yet packaged nor finalized with every last detail - hence the 'beta' release. I can however assure you, you will find this little light VERY useful. I have been running two in my Taco for a little over a week now - LOVE IT!!!

PM me with questions / comments / orders.

Additional (night) pics coming soon.

Remember, if you are not 100% satisfied, return it!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #166
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Will you ship once they're out of beta phase or the discount is to let people beta test them?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
Will you ship once they're out of beta phase or the discount is to let people beta test them?
I will ship before Beta Phase to those who want in now. It is intended that these first production models be evaluated by the 'Test Team' of preferably V1 & V2W owners.

I expect for the price, most will be pleased with the simplicity and more importantly, functionality.

FYI - these lights are now available at www.flyzeye-designs.com/store.html
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #168
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

these are only for 2nd gens correct
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
these are only for 2nd gens correct
Incorrect. These 'naked lights' can work anywhere pending actuation magnet proximity / location.

Currently, I have them working in both the center console box and glove box.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #170
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
Incorrect. These 'naked lights' can work anywhere pending actuation magnet proximity / location.

Currently, I have them working in both the center console box and glove box.
i know ive seen them work in both places haha just wondering
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #171

3VP-RS v1 Beta Installation Procedure

Prep for install...

Remove (5) countersunk screws.

Remove inside lid / trim.

Install Actuation Magnet

Re-Install inside lid / trim.

Re-Install (5) screws. Do NOT over-tighten! They will strip out!

Position Main Unit as shown here. It is recommended that you perform this step with batteries and masking tape to confirm the final position.

Confirm actuation and enjoy!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #172
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Prep for install...

Remove (5) countersunk screws.

Remove inside lid / trim.

Install Actuation Magnet

Re-Install inside lid / trim.

Re-Install (5) screws. Do NOT over-tighten! They will strip out!

Position Main Unit as shown here. It is recommended that you perform this step with batteries and masking tape to confirm the final position.

Confirm actuation and enjoy!
GIMME GIMME

is the beta discount for past owners on here only? Or on that store as well?
I NEEDS IT. I want two- for console and glove box!!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
GIMME GIMME

is the beta discount for past owners on here only? Or on that store as well?
I NEEDS IT. I want two- for console and glove box!!
Beta Release / Existing FLYZEYE customers and TW pricing is currently $12.75 + $3.25 each. On orders with multiples, shipping costs will be partially refunded.

PLEASE note, these items do NOT yet have the finalized "fancy" packaging but, this helps keep costs down.

Also, PLEASE provide honest feedback on this product. We are working on 'refinements' daily and will likely provide upgrade 'kits' or replacement units IF changes warrant.

ALL FLYZEYE designs products WILL BE covered for defects / failures.

NOTE: These items use a glass reed switch which is BREAKABLE. When installing, do NOT press on the glass vile!!! It will break!!!

During normal use, it will be fine.

Questions?

Also, for glove box installation, pictures coming soon... Stand by.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #174
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Beta Release / Existing FLYZEYE customers and TW pricing is currently $12.75 + $3.25 each. On orders with multiples, shipping costs will be partially refunded.

PLEASE note, these items do NOT yet have the finalized "fancy" packaging but, this helps keep costs down.

Also, PLEASE provide honest feedback on this product. We are working on 'refinements' daily and will likely provide upgrade 'kits' or replacement units IF changes warrant.

ALL FLYZEYE designs products WILL BE covered for defects / failures.

NOTE: These items use a glass reed switch which is BREAKABLE. When installing, do NOT press on the glass vile!!! It will break!!!

During normal use, it will be fine.

Questions?

Also, for glove box installation, pictures coming soon... Stand by.
Perfect. Can't wait to get it & critique.

Do I place my order through you on here, or through the online store?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Perfect. Can't wait to get it & critique.

Do I place my order through you on here, or through the online store?
Online would be better for our records.

FYI, we offer these in ANY of our existing LED colors.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #176
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered up the cool white...............

Just to be clear on install pics above, the lights mount inside console and magnet is on the lid?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Ordered up the cool white...............

Just to be clear on install pics above, the lights mount inside console and magnet is on the lid?
Correct. The unit mounts closest to the driver. Words of caution: our 3M VHB mounting tape is really strong. Use masking tape to temporarily mount the unit while confirming the switch function. You want to ensure the unit is switched OFF when the lid is closed.

Note that the 'sweet spot' for the Actuation Magnet is NOT directly over the reed switch - you will find the best performance with the magnet located about 5-10mm in front or behind the center of the unit. I recommend bench testing to see this functionality before installing.

Also note, the reed switch is a precision device made with a glass housing. It is breakable. Do NOT press on it when pressing the unit in final position.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #178
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Will have the naked light installed this evening, ill let you guys know how it goes later!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Will have the naked light installed this evening, ill let you guys know how it goes later!
Anxiously awaiting our first costomer's opinion of the 3VP-RS v1.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #180
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
FLYZEYE Designs Engineered Lighting 4 Tacoma

Alright, first one to get this new 3VP-RS v1 Naked Light and installed it today. I chose to mount it in the console. FlyzEye does extremely well with packaging and instructions/labeling:

Even threw in some extra batteries, a thank you card, and their logo decal, very cool and this is what I love about this company, just going the extra mile.
Install was super quick and easy, maybe 7-8 minutes, just followed the above instructions. The adhesive on the back of the mounting bracket is super strong so make sure to use the masking tape to mount the light where it will function optimally before sticking it on. (I accidentally pulled the adhesive backing off and the bracket stuck to the actual light due to the magnetism, but I got it off, close one!)
The lighting plate itself is very solid, as is the mounting bracket, and is really well made. The actuation magnet and functioning of the switch works flawlessly when opening and closing the console lid. You can tell a lot of time and effort was put into this little device. The LEDs themselves are very sufficient at lighting the entire console, but not too bright that it hurts your eyes.
FlyzEye used a function from there V2/V1 models in that you can actually pull the light off from the magnetized bracket and use it Independently instead of just where you mounted it, making this unit even more functional, which I like a lot. However, the only negative I have with this is the mounting bracket. The magnetism between the actual light and its bracket aren't as strong as FlyzEye's V2/V1. The light wants to slide on the bracket too easily and I feel like a few good bumps would knock the light off. (Hasn't happened, just speculation). I would like to feel a click in or more firmness from the mounting bracket to ensure it won't fall off. Also maybe add a cover over the body to cover the batteries and throw a FlyzEye logo on that! Would also protect the reed switch when pulling things in and out of the console, I don't think it's that fragile and don't know if covering it would effect the functionality, but just an idea.
With all that said, this is an awesome product, and gives you great light into the console area without switching in the map/dome lights. I will be getting one for the glove compartment too. Thanks guys and keep up the great work.
Not so great iphone pics:

The shadows in this pic are from my cd case sticking up in front of one of the lights, these lights do a perfect job for this space.