Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The "Official" Grillin Thread.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
The "Official" Grillin Thread.

Share your recipes. Show some pics.
Charcoal, Brisket or gas. Let's see em!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Got 2 ribeye's on. And some home made garlic bread.
Salted them heavy at room temp for about an hour. Hit em up with some Montreal steak dry rub and finished em off with some fresh ground black pepper.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
yuum!

for those that are watching their weight..i'm trying to get to my hunting weight! grill tuna!

and just so you know..ANY oven baked fried chicken recipe works on the grill. stack the coals on either side. run the chicken down the middle. pull them when internal temps get to 180 (for dark meat).
Attached Thumbnails
The "Official" Grillin Thread.-img_0093.jpg   The "Official" Grillin Thread.-img_0112.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Charbroil charcoal grill and a new Weber. I love them both.

The coals are hot and the beer is cold:

Sometimes I just want to grill the easy way:
Old 09-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Good lookin food and grill!! Makes me want to go kick mine over. lol
Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Grilled some steaks today. Tried a dry rub for the first time, thought I'd share:

Basic Steak Rub

1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne

It tasted great, and all the ingredients were in the cupboard. I'm going to try it this fall with charcoal, but grillin was awesome.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
10 Raw and thawed Shrimp skewers, unseasoned and destined for the grill. Dinner is at 7. Preparation Ideas?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how fancy you wanna get.

Personally I like the Shrimp po boys with creole remoulade.
When I have time I like the Juicy shrimp with roasted chile and avacado sauce.

Pick up "Webers Way to grill" at lowes. Awsome grilling book!!!

http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/20...mp-po-boy.html

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1904961
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post

I have the same grille but I converted it to Natural Gas...Good buy at Lowes!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #11

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
WHAT? they told me I couldn't convert this one because it was one of the cheaper models. Bought it at lowes, those bastards.

Maybe you got a better one? Do you have a # for the conversion kit?
Also...did ya buy the rotiserie thingy? Man that looks awesome.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
WHAT? they told me I couldn't convert this one because it was one of the cheaper models. Bought it at lowes, those bastards.

Maybe you got a better one? Do you have a # for the conversion kit?
Also...did ya buy the rotiserie thingy? Man that looks awesome.
Any grille can be converted and any gas conversion kit will work. You have to modify he burner orfices by drilling them out a little larger when converting to natural gas which was very simple on our grille.

Good DIY article: http://www.ehow.com/how_2188775_conv...tural-gas.html

Quote:
5 Drill out the burner and control knob orifices so that they will be slightly larger for the natural gas hook-ups. Gradually widen the holes using a drill set until you have increased the diameters to the point where the new fittings can be connected. Take care not to go too far and make the holes too big.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #13

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder why the booklet at lowes said mine couldn't be converted. You know the little booklet that showed all the grills?. Mine didnt have a check by it. The natural gas pipe runs into my house directly underneath my grill.
Thx for the read!!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
here are some pics of some of the stuff i smoked a while back.......

Old 09-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good way to make Corn on the Cob:

What you need:
Corn on the cob
Unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon per ear of corn
Rock salt, or sea salt
Fresh pepper

Directions:
Dehusk and wash the corn
place the ears on direct heat
Turn every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking
Once the corn begins to blacken slightly remove the ears from heat
Evenly Coat the corn with the butter, Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Take about ten minutes

I know this is an easy recipe but corn is delicious this way, and I get compliments all the time!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Here's a good way to make Corn on the Cob:

What you need:
Corn on the cob
Unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon per ear of corn
Rock salt, or sea salt
Fresh pepper

Directions:
Dehusk and wash the corn
place the ears on direct heat
Turn every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking
Once the corn begins to blacken slightly remove the ears from heat
Evenly Coat the corn with the butter, Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Take about ten minutes

I know this is an easy recipe but corn is delicious this way, and I get compliments all the time!
love me some corn. when i grill mine, i'll wrap each ear in tin foil with salt,pepper and real butter and turn it 3 or 4 times. the butter cooks in.......mmmmmgoood!!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #17

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya!! I could live off grilled corn!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #18
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Not zackly grillin, but a crappy shot of my new smoker, from the other evening, getting ready for some football.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Official" Grillin Thread.-photo.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #19

Quote:
I wonder why the booklet at lowes said mine couldn't be converted. You know the little booklet that showed all the grills?. Mine didnt have a check by it. The natural gas pipe runs into my house directly underneath my grill.
Thx for the read!!
We have the same exact grille...It's not checked in the book as gas convertible because the grille really isn't supposed be converted. They don't expect the typical buyer to take out the burners and modify them.